Unlimited internet?

cruz chic

I inquired during our cruise in early April aboard the Zaandam and was told "until the ship has the new system unlimited internet will not be offered". When I asked what the schedule for the new system for the ship was I received the deer in headlights look and then "possibly during dry dock". I thought it was funny as this was coming from the computer / tech employee:).

I inquired during our cruise in early April aboard the Zaandam and was told "until the ship has the new system unlimited internet will not be offered". When I asked what the schedule for the new system for the ship was I received the deer in headlights look and then "possibly during dry dock". I thought it was funny as this was coming from the computer / tech employee:).

Funny:D. Thx for answering my query.

We're loving the unlimited internet on Westie. I don't think I can ever go back! It has meant so much, as I have a cousin in the hospital (7 weeks now), and I can get daily or even more often updates, and feel much closer, even though I'm not there. Just hope it spreads through the entire fleet, pdq.....

We're loving the unlimited internet on Westie. I don't think I can ever go back! It has meant so much, as I have a cousin in the hospital (7 weeks now), and I can get daily or even more often updates, and feel much closer, even though I'm not there. Just hope it spreads through the entire fleet, pdq.....

I'm in the same boat. My dad is in the hospital right now and my mom is taking every ounce of my free time. I'm hoping to take my next cruise but it's up in the air. Would enjoy the unlimited internet.

what is the cost on the westie?

I believe that it's $149 for the current Panama canal cruise but it varies depending on if you want more if less sites. You might want to take a look at the current live from thevWesterdam thread,

I believe that it's $149 for the current Panama canal cruise but it varies depending on if you want more if less sites. You might want to take a look at the current live from thevWesterdam thread,

thanks

I think for the "value" internet package it worked out at a little less than $10 a day, which seemed like a pretty good deal, considering one of us has it going all the time. It's usually me, but it only takes a minute for me to log out and DH to log on if he wants to check his emails or download something. (Only one device is allowed to use it at a time.)

I think for the "value" internet package it worked out at a little less than $10 a day, which seemed like a pretty good deal, considering one of us has it going all the time. It's usually me, but it only takes a minute for me to log out and DH to log on if he wants to check his emails or download something. (Only one device is allowed to use it at a time.)

that's a better deal than the 55$ for 100 minutes.:)

what is the cost on the westie?

From Kazu who is presently on the Westerdam:

I know I was asked, so here you go...

Our Captain is Captain Rens Van Eerten

Our Hotel Director is Mark L. Pells

and out cruise director is Shane Michaels.

We do have unlimited internet offered on the cruise. The flyer I got in my cabin said it was for the 16 day cruise but when you log in it says it is for your full voyage, so time will tell if it is the price for the 16 (which I think it is) or the 20 or 21.

The flyer specifically breaks the cost down by day for the 16 day and that is what the price ended up being when I checked my onboard account today.

So the Social Plan is for social websites and apps and is $49 for the voyage (16 days).

The value plan is for web, etc. but no skype or video and is $149

and the Premium Plan offers "faster" service for skype, video, etc. with limitations and is $229.

I opted for the $149 and so far all is good. In fact, I am on my balcony typing :)

I love that I don't have to copy or paste and can just try to read and answer.

Good deal IMO whether it is for 16 or 20

We sailed the NA in March and had a one plan version offered ($250 for unlimited everything for 7 days). We just got off the Eurodam and were surprised and disappointed to find out we did NOT have any options, other than the expensive same old plan. While on board, I emailed Seattle customer care with my disappointment and their answer back to me was that none of their ships were offering unlimited internet.....apparently they need better intradepartmental communications.

Edited by boze9999

We sailed the NA in March and had a one plan version offered ($250 for unlimited everything for 7 days). We just got off the Eurodam and were surprised and disappointed to find out we did NOT have any options, other than the expensive same old plan. While on board, I emailed Seattle customer care with my disappointment and their answer back to me was that none of their ships were offering unlimited internet.....apparently they need better intradepartmental communications.

Omg, Seattle never fails to amaze me:D.

Typical -- Seattle doesn't know what is going on on their ships.

Zuiderdam this past Feb/Mar:

10 day cruise -- $149

11 day cruise -- $149

No choice of plans.

On a 11 day in Nov on the Z - had this plus had a couple of my the minutes options - cannot remember the details though.

We went with the Unlimited Premium Internet on Nieuw Amsterdam. Cost was $249 for the 14 Days from FLL to Barcelona. We had no problems with connection or speed! Totally worth it for us!

That's very frustrating to hear! I was on the same journey, only on the Eurodam, and they firmly told me unlimited was not available (on any ship!), let alone TA crossing. I knew otherwise. Wish HAL would be consistent across the line, especially within the same class of ship.

That's very frustrating to hear! I was on the same journey, only on the Eurodam, and they firmly told me unlimited was not available (on any ship!), let alone TA crossing. I knew otherwise. Wish HAL would be consistent across the line, especially within the same class of ship.

It may have to do with the upgrade with the new TV and System since they just came out of Drydock? The first day we signed up on Embark Day the Unlimited was not listed as an option and we signed up for a 600 minute package for $199. When I went in to add minutes after running out is when I saw the Unlimited for $249 so it must have been added somewhere along the way. They refunded us the $199 and recharged the $249 to our Account and changed it to Unlimited. The Package was only good until Barcelona but we were Debarking then and not staying on until Venice.

The TV was a Work-In-Progress and everyday more and more was added. It will be great when it is all complete and the other Ships have it!