Unlimited internet?

cruz chic

On a 11 day in Nov on the Z - had this plus had a couple of my the minutes options - cannot remember the details though.

It was my recollection, also, that there was a "minutes" (maybe 30?) plan because some woman with ler i-Pad had this plan and had neglected to log off. Gone were her allotted minutes.

It may have to do with the upgrade with the new TV and System since they just came out of Drydock?

The TV was a Work-In-Progress and everyday more and more was added. It will be great when it is all complete and the other Ships have it!

I have been away for awhile, so what is the new TV and sytem upgrade? :confused:

I have been away for awhile, so what is the new TV and sytem upgrade? :confused:

I haven't been away and I don't know what the TV upgrade is. I hope we get tvs where the remote works. I had on in a neptune suite and it was impossible to get the TV to work. I was in a balcony room on my last cruise and it worked so much better. That's just wrong.

It may have to do with the upgrade with the new TV and System since they just came out of Drydock? The first day we signed up on Embark Day the Unlimited was not listed as an option and we signed up for a 600 minute package for $199. When I went in to add minutes after running out is when I saw the Unlimited for $249 so it must have been added somewhere along the way. They refunded us the $199 and recharged the $249 to our Account and changed it to Unlimited. The Package was only good until Barcelona but we were Debarking then and not staying on until Venice.

The TV was a Work-In-Progress and everyday more and more was added. It will be great when it is all complete and the other Ships have it!

Were you on the TA from FLL to Barcelona on April 5-19?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the Nieuw Amsterdam right now and not impressed with the fact that they had the unlimited plan after the low minute plans . I did not notice it tell I was one third of the way through the second 600 minute plan spoke to the librarian and was told I could sign up for the unlimited plan after I used up my second plan !!! They expected me to pay six hundred and forty eight dollars for what should have been two hundred and fifty ! I talked to the department head he told me 449 dollars would do . I'm still not happy or impressed shame on you Holland America !!!!

I was hoping that the Noordam would be upgraded during it's just-completed drydock. Any word?

We were on the April 20th Noordam from FLL to YVR. Internet was VERY slow and no they didn't offer unlimited. In fact they said it wasn't available on any HAL ship! They told me Cruise Critic was incorrect in reporting this! We used it in ports as everyone who purchased a package was very discouraged.

:mad:

We were also on the Noordam April 20 Panama cruise and I went directly to the librarian the first day asking if there was unlimited internet like on the Westerdam. He appeared shocked when I told him I knew people on it and they had unlimited. He said they must be trying it on some ships but he wasn't aware of it. I was disappointed but sucked it up and bought the 250 minute package. When I got the email after our return from HAL, I did put my opinion about the Internet on the comments.

We were also on the Noordam April 20 Panama cruise and I went directly to the librarian the first day asking if there was unlimited internet like on the Westerdam. He appeared shocked when I told him I knew people on it and they had unlimited. He said they must be trying it on some ships but he wasn't aware of it. I was disappointed but sucked it up and bought the 250 minute package. When I got the email after our return from HAL, I did put my opinion about the Internet on the comments.

FWIW, we were told that it was a 'test' on the Westerdam. They were trying it out. I noticed a difference in pricing that was reported the cruise before we boarded versus ours, so they were obviously playing to see what worked, what didn't , etc.

The unlimited internet was nice as it took away the worries when the internet dropped or something didn't load or CC didn't load. There was no growling under my breath that I just lost 10 minutes for nothing. I had all the patience in the world for the internet since I didn't have to count minutes :D

Frustrated with "unlimited" internet. Just back from Nieuw Amsterdam T/A 26 days plus 12 more. $250.00 not bad price considering during peak hours it is SLOW. However my issue was, even though I was booked on a collectors voyage for 26 days, the unlimited plans only coincided with HAL bookkeeping. Meaning it reset after each of "their" segments, 14 & 12 not 26 days. I can understand the additional 12 days, it was another booking number but not the 26 days. I inquired and they said submit feedback, maybe it would be something to address in the future.

for me over the years it's more that the internet connection is working..or super slow..or non existent than unlimited..what good is unlimited if the usual 'sorry for the inconvenience-- 'internet not working'signs are up and posted which are posted a lot more recently..

it's like going back in time when one talks about HAL' s internet-- dinosaurs!!

FWIW, we were told that it was a 'test' on the Westerdam. They were trying it out. I noticed a difference in pricing that was reported the cruise before we boarded versus ours, so they were obviously playing to see what worked, what didn't , etc.

The unlimited internet was nice as it took away the worries when the internet dropped or something didn't load or CC didn't load. There was no growling under my breath that I just lost 10 minutes for nothing. I had all the patience in the world for the internet since I didn't have to count minutes :D

It sounds like the "test" made everyone pretty happy on the Westerdam and hope they provide it soon to all the ships. I agree-if we had unlimited I wouldn't curse under my breath when it took ages to get into my e-mail etc! I'm sure it is just a matter of time and HAL figuring out how much to charge.

It sounds like the "test" made everyone pretty happy on the Westerdam and hope they provide it soon to all the ships. I agree-if we had unlimited I wouldn't curse under my breath when it took ages to get into my e-mail etc! I'm sure it is just a matter of time and HAL figuring out how much to charge.

I think we had it pretty good on our cruise in all honesty. The internet was quite reliable and (for the ship) pretty quick. I wonder if they were testing another provider as our price was reasonable IMO at $149 for the medium package for 16 days. I even messaged roll call members when we were getting ready to organize stuff with no problem or delay!

I only had issues uploading pics onto CC the odd time but really, that can happen any time ;)

Whomever/whatever they were using, I sure hope they keep for both the service and the price point ;)

I absolutely loved the unlimited internet on the Westerdam. It was slow but not as slow as in the past.

A great feature was the ability to send instant FB messages to other friends on the ship so we could find each other. Instead of having them searching the Lido for us, we could say exactly where we were sitting, for instance.