Rome pre-cruise hotel question

lightsleeper

Unless you are using a American oriented hotel chain, which generally allow booking 365 days in advance of checkout, I would start looking around December 2015 or January of next year.

You can do your research and come to a decision before then, and start monitoring the website, in case they open up booking prior to that.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We were able to book our hotel in Rome (for this past fall) about a year out, and the rates were definitely cheaper than they were later.

You could email the hotel in which you are interested and ask when their bookings open for your dates, or just check their website now and you can see how far out they are booking, Also be sure to check for multi-night deals once you are ready to book; many hotels will give you a discount if you are staying 3 or more nights.

I'd book as early as you can, and then monitor prices on the off chance there's a drop.

Enjoy your trip!

In addition to the advice above, some smaller hotels will go ahead and take your booking via email before their online booking opens up. If you are set on a hotel, there is no harm in contacting them to ask if they will take your reservation. (Also, always ask for their best rate.)

• 1 month later...
Any Rome hotel recommendations? I'm looking through this whole section (Italy Ports) and not finding much.

Really? Guess search isn't very good as this topic is frequent.

What area are you looking for in Rome and what's your budget?

Really? Guess search isn't very good as this topic is frequent.

What area are you looking for in Rome and what's your budget?

I realized I should have been doing my search a different way. As you said, very frequent topic.

Will be staying in Rome for several days prior to cruise.

Cruise departs September 2016..

How far in advance should/can we make hotel reservations?

First trip to Italy so have no idea on the above

We booked a pre cruise hotel thru Princess already.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Any Rome hotel recommendations? I'm looking through this whole section (Italy Ports) and not finding much.

Glad to help. We stayed at Hotel Navona which was a hop skip and a jump from Piazza Navona. Lovely old building. This means no elevator but their staff will help you bring your luggage up and down the stairs. Breakfast is not included (10Euros) but from time to time they have special rates which include breakfast. Staff were very friendly and were very helpful with directions.

Glad to help. We stayed at Hotel Navona which was a hop skip and a jump from Piazza Navona. Lovely old building. This means no elevator but their staff will help you bring your luggage up and down the stairs. Breakfast is not included (10Euros) but from time to time they have special rates which include breakfast. Staff were very friendly and were very helpful with directions.

Thank you for the recommendation but do need an elevator

Thank you for the recommendation but do need an elevator

Before our recent cruise, we stayed at the Grand Hotel de la Minerve, and it was lovely. Can be pricey but I found a very good rate booking a few months ahead through Expedia (I used its mystery hotel/Priceline type function and was able to guess that the hotel on offer was the Minerve, so that worked out well). The location is perfect, about a one minute walk to the Pantheon and central to everything. And it has an elevator ;) Though you do have to walk up a few stairs to get to the rooftop restaurant, which is lovely (we had Sunday brunch and breakfast there - both good).