Moderno now listed as complimentary

BreeYark

Yes we had it open on the jan 4 ba cruise for various breakfast buffet and ethnic buffet... German is all I recall

Yep it was free.... But it wasn't free Brazilian churasscuria that's for sure ....just in case any posters here think it was free for dinner... It wasnt

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

exactly, some of the ships do offer breakfast and buffet lunch free; the lunch on the Sun was very good, but certaily the Brazllian Steakhouse was not free.

The MDR menus were just upgraded, and all very good. Not sure why there is a need to change them again. I'm all for good food though, so I am looking forward to seeing what happens with all of this.

MDR when we sailed a few weeks ago on the Pearl were very good. I did bring one sample menu home with me.

Chicken wings and sausages on a stick.

But they serve that anyway....:(

I think its confusing Moderno complimentary buffet in the morning and lunch time with the pay version in the evening time. I highly doubt the dinner time would ever be free, that one of their big money makers...

Checked again this morning, and things seem to be back to normal. Both Moderno and Le Bistro are back to 20$ for the June 28 Epic cruise. Sorry about the confusion.

The sample menus are still missing though, so I expect new menus soon :)

Thanks for the above link. It is unfortunately outdated because it states delivery charge between midnight and 5 AM.
That is the new Freestyle Dining Guide that was only published on April 21, 2015! Which is not to say that it can't already be outdated. However, the information is correct for all ships that are still using the old room service menu (which is most of the fleet). If and when they expand the $7.95 room service charge to the whole fleet, I guess they will eventually get around to updating this guide again.

That is the new Freestyle Dining Guide that was only published on April 21, 2015! Which is not to say that it can't already be outdated. However, the information is correct for all ships that are still using the old room service menu (which is most of the fleet). If and when they expand the $7.95 room service charge to the whole fleet, I guess they will eventually get around to updating this guide again.

I thought it was confirmed that the room service charges go fleetwide May 1st. But who knows when they will get around to updating the website.

Thanks for the clarification.

I thought it was confirmed that the room service charges go fleetwide May 1st. But who knows when they will get around to updating the website.

Though it appears from what we are reading it goes fleet wide on Friday,again until we know for sure we should be careful what we repeat. I remember some guy on here about a month ago gripping about everything wrong with his cruise including the latitude party did not even have appetizers like in years past, served only cubes of cheese and frowned if you took more than one glass of wine or 1 piece of cheese. Well I don't remember what ship he was on but on the Pearl a few weeks ago, they served wine, rum punch and you could order a regular drink. They also served the same appitizers they have served for years and had no problems with us even taking 2 glasses of wine at once or more than one nibbler. There is an example of people posting something that certainly isn't fleetwide if at all.

Though it appears from what we are reading it goes fleet wide on Friday,again until we know for sure we should be careful what we repeat. I remember some guy on here about a month ago gripping about everything wrong with his cruise including the latitude party did not even have appetizers like in years past, served only cubes of cheese and frowned if you took more than one glass of wine or 1 piece of cheese. Well I don't remember what ship he was on but on the Pearl a few weeks ago, they served wine, rum punch and you could order a regular drink. They also served the same appitizers they have served for years and had no problems with us even taking 2 glasses of wine at once or more than one nibbler. There is an example of people posting something that certainly isn't fleetwide if at all.

I enjoyed my extra glasses of wine at the Latitudes Party on the Star:D

Yes, I agree with you, although on a certain thread it is gospel, because a certain poster ( allegedly ) has the "ear" of a certain FDR and he has confirmed this through her:rolleyes:. If I had remembered where I saw that piece of info, I would never have repeated it here.:cool:.

Just too many changes and facts to keep up with. I need a spreadsheet.

Hi, Brenda! :) Where did you see a confirmation about the room service charges going fleetwide? I am not up to speed on this.

We're on the Dawn to Bermuda and then to New Orleans in October and I'd hoped to do a few room service meals in our cabin. We'll see.

Barbara/BabsinTX

Hi, Brenda! :) Where did you see a confirmation about the room service charges going fleetwide? I am not up to speed on this.

Barbara/BabsinTX

Check out the 'sticky' in regard to room service charges going fleetwide.

Also.....Moderno is NOT going complementary!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari