VIFP Water

lhenry2

According to the VIFP program red and above members receive - Complimentary 1 liter bottle of water (Delivered to stateroom on all sailings)

Is it one liter bottle per sailing or each day?

According to the VIFP program red and above members receive - Complimentary 1 liter bottle of water (Delivered to stateroom on all sailings)

Is it one liter bottle per sailing or each day?

Carnival mostly buys the water for less than $0.20 a bottle in bulk. However, to answer you question, they will give you one bottle of water, or a gift of $0.20 for your loyalty!!!!

Carnival mostly buys the water for less than $0.20 a bottle in bulk. However, to answer you question, they will give you one bottle of water, or a gift of $0.20 for your loyalty!!!!

Even with that, rather have the water than the strawberries :D

Well when ya put it THAT way....... lol.

It was in our room when we boarded with a tag identifying it as our gift. It was room temperature. I would've preferred getting a voucher to get a cold one on the way off the ship at the port.

* definitely a downgrade from the free drink. Wish they would just let you choose which reward you prefer.

It was in our room when we boarded with a tag identifying it as our gift. It was room temperature. I would've preferred getting a voucher to get a cold one on the way off the ship at the port.

* definitely a downgrade from the free drink. Wish they would just let you choose which reward you prefer.

Whether or not it is a downgrade depends on whether you drink alcohol or not. :) I do not, so the water is much more useful to me.

Whether or not it is a downgrade depends on whether you drink alcohol or not. :) I do not, so the water is much more useful to me.

I believe you could use the drink coupon and order it without alcohol, that's why I think it's a downgrade. :) I think the best way to make everyone happy is to let you choose, that way everyone wins!

That is how it was for our cruise in February as well. But really can't please everyone... if they chilled it some would not like that. I would have stuck it in the ice bucket if I needed it cold. I don't personally care for any water except for Zephyrhills, so we brought it home. I think they will come in handy on our cruise next week as our kids will be with us so we will take them off at port. As far as giving folks a choice for the free drink or the water, I'm pretty sure the vast majority would choose the drink... the cost for Carnival is much greater on the drink- that is why it is so restrictive for those of us who do still get it. (Only available in MDR during sea day brunch..) They are really hoping that it is not used. This past cruise I thought I had it figured out as I planned our day to be in the MDR just prior to closing and I was going to hold the coupon until we were finished. I told the bar staff that when they came by. He returned a few moments later and informed me that the MDR bar would be closing soon and if I wanted to get my drink I had to order it then... sigh... So I ordered it and asked for an empty glass. I poured it off of the ice and took it with me until later then added ice in my room. It was an awful lot of trouble to have the drink when I wanted it...

Wonder if you could swap it as you get off, they have a desk set up to sell water. Just a thought...

I believe you could use the drink coupon and order it without alcohol, that's why I think it's a downgrade. :) I think the best way to make everyone happy is to let you choose, that way everyone wins!

Solution? Cruise more. Platinum and Diamond guests get both. :)

We got ours on our second full sailing day and it came in handy when we wanted to take our daily medication at night.

We are very easy to please. We are very happy with anything that is given to me free. It really doesn't matter what's it worth, free is free.

We got ours on our second full sailing day and it came in handy when we wanted to take our daily medication at night.

We are very easy to please. We are very happy with anything that is given to me free. It really doesn't matter what's it worth, free is free.

Since we do not drink alcohol, we used the free drink coupon for latte coffee at the breakfast buffet. The bottle of water will turn out to be more useful since we will not have to buy water before shore excursions. Just refill it and let it chill in the mini fridge.

A free bottle of water is always welcomed!

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

Is the water already in your cabin on boarding day or does it arrive later? Does it come with a note on the bottle(s)? Don't want to confuse it with the bottled water that you have to pay for.

MARAPRINCE

It is marked, there's no way to confuse it with the bottle in the cabin that is for sale. It was in our room when we boarded in February.

LOL they cant even sacrifice a drink as a thank you? What does a drink cost them? $2 tops?

It turns out the friends I am taking on my next cruise are old time Carnival cruisers. I told them last time we cruised , past guests got a welcome back drink. They thought that was nice. I just told them it has been brilliantly upgraded to a .20 bottle of water. They laughed pretty hard. Good thing we book various lines for itineraries and ships rather than perks lol.

Cant say it will ruin our cruise but. lol @ .20 bottle of water. Why even bother?

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy