New Dining Policy -- Official as of 4:20 EST

coldflame

My dh does the same for me.

I am sailing NCL for the first time in Nov. and this really makes me think twice about it. I did send an email to my CC and voice my displeasure. If enough people speak up, they could change the policy. I have seen it happen with RCCL.

Very true people need to complain and let them know this is NOT cool. As for my family we scheduled our first cruise with NCL about two weeks ago. I refuse to be policed on a vacation like a child. If these new rules do not get rolled back soon we will be sailing with one of our usual cruise lines. I really wanted to try NCL, but oh well plenty of other lines to cruise with. Oh and they can take that 7.95 room service charge and shove it.

Edited by mkdreams

If enough people complain do you think they will revoke this? The stewards could just be instructed to remove any safety or health issue food from the cabin or fridge. Also what does this mean as far as minibar in cabins...no more food?

If there is money to be made from you they are accepting of it so you can purchase the stuff in the mini-fridge or order from room service but self-service options are frowned upon.

Very true people need to complain and let them know this is NOT cool. As for my family we scheduled our first cruise with NCL about two weeks ago. I refuse to be policed on a vacation like a child. If these new rules do not get rolled back soon we be sailing with one of our usual cruise lines. I really wanted to try NCL, but oh well plenty of other lines to cruise with. Oh and they can take that 7.95 room service charge and shove it.

Me too. We were just shopping around and the Getaway and Breakaway were really appealing, but they are off our list now. So glad I saw this today before we committed.

Very true people need to complain and let them know this is NOT cool. As for my family we scheduled our first cruise with NCL about two weeks ago. I refuse to be policed on a vacation like a child. If these new rules do not get rolled back soon we be sailing with one of our usual cruise lines. I really wanted to try NCL, but oh well plenty of other lines to cruise with. Oh and they can take that 7.95 room service charge and shove it.

People can complain all they want to, it will fall of deaf ears. This is what Del Rio wants and if he alienates some formerly loyal cruisers there are many more that will take their place.

People can complain all they want to, it will fall of deaf ears. This is what Del Rio wants and if he alienates some formerly loyal cruisers there are many more that will take their place.

Yeah your probably right usually it does fall on deaf ears, but sometimes it does change things. I have seen it happen on other lines. Heck about a year ago Disney tried to limit how much alcohol a person can bring on the ship. Lets just say people were so mad that Disney ended that policy before it even began. If NCL does not roll back the new policy, fine no skin off my back. Like I said we have plenty of other lines to cruise with.

I was told FDR is interested in improving every facet of the onboard experience and changes for the good will continue.

So when are these changes for the good going to start?

So far, none of the changes that have been put in place are for the good of the passenger.:rolleyes:

Maybe they mean good for NCL's bottom line?:eek:

My feeling is that if you pay extra to go to a specialty restaurant(which we don't) and can't finish all of your food, you should be able to take it back to your cabin. You paid for it -you paid extra for it.

Essentially, any meal - whether it be in the buffet or MDR has been paid in full before sailing you should be able to take unfinished food with you.

No different than if you went to a restaurant on land at home and couldn't finish it all - you would be given a take home container because it was food that you paid for.

Just doesn't seem right.

:mad::mad::mad: wow, this really sucks! we have our 3rd cruise booked on the NCL escape Feb, 20-27, 2 rooms and we are traveling our 3 children and 1 nephew. kids like to snack!! so that means every time they want a drink or a snack we have to go to the dinning area REALLY !! and I really like to have my morning coffee in my room while we are waiting for everyone to get ready so now I cant even do that. we are paying $5000 for this cruise and we cant bring anything to our room.

Yeah your probably right usually it does fall on deaf ears, but sometimes it does change things. I have seen it happen on other lines. Heck about a year ago Disney tried to limit how much alcohol a person can bring on the ship. Lets just say people were so mad that Disney ended that policy before it even began. If NCL does not roll back the new policy, fine no skin off my back. Like I said we have plenty of other lines to cruise with.

Those companies cared and Del Rio doesn't- he has his vision of what NCL should be and that is that.

I did ask Cruise Critic to check, because from all reports, since the no take out food policy was enacted, no one has been told they can not take anything out of the buffet and they have reported that they in fact did take food from the buffet.

I doubt the buffet is included, if only for the fact that there are not that many seats there and passengers take food to eat at the pool and also take food (at least on the Pearl) into the Italian restaurant for overflow seats and most importantly in NCL's response they never mentioned the buffet.

Hopefully, Cruise Critic will find out if the buffet is included and report back, so that folks can continue to be upset or relieved that it is not included.

Boy I hope your right that the buffet is not included. we are traveling with 4 kids we have 2 rooms book and to not let kids have a snack while in the room. ONLY being able to go to the dinning areas for a snack will SUCK!

just emailed our cruise consultant to have her confirm this. Im sure I will hear from her by tomorrow morning.

What I don't understand is if this was happening why did I not get a notice about it being we have a cruise booked for Feb. 2016

Boy I hope your right that the buffet is not included. we are traveling with 4 kids we have 2 rooms book and to not let kids have a snack while in the room. ONLY being able to go to the dinning areas for a snack will SUCK!
Well, don't know. I just said I doubted that it was. Cruise Critic has not gotten back to me, since they said they would check it out.

just emailed our cruise consultant to have her confirm this. Im sure I will hear from her by tomorrow morning.

What I don't understand is if this was happening why did I not get a notice about it being we have a cruise booked for Feb. 2016

I have a cruise booked November 2015, August 2016, November 2016 and April 2017 and have not gotten notification either and know I won't. If you have been following all of these changes you would already know that they do not notify their booked customers of any changes they make. They just wait for us to board the ship so we find out ourselves.

If I order room service every morning ... The $50 for one week would still be less than the cruise cost difference of the other cruise lines....heck possible three meals a day.

Edited by kessdarln

I see no 'official' announcement from NCL. I see a bunch of people getting all twisted up on a web site dedicated to good feelings about cruising. Can't read this no more.

(REPLIED TO MYSELF SO YOU KNOW WHERE I AM COMING FROM....). Some confirmed facts for you from Wikipedia:

"420, 4:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a code-term that refers to the consumption of cannabis and by extension, as a way to identify oneself with cannabis subculture or simply cannabis itself. Observances based on the number 420 include smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m. and a.m. everyday....I think you all got punk'd lol. PS I am REALLY not going to read this no more.

My feeling is that if you pay extra to go to a specialty restaurant(which we don't) and can't finish all of your food, you should be able to take it back to your cabin. You paid for it -you paid extra for it.

Essentially, any meal - whether it be in the buffet or MDR has been paid in full before sailing you should be able to take unfinished food with you.

No different than if you went to a restaurant on land at home and couldn't finish it all - you would be given a take home container because it was food that you paid for.

Just doesn't seem right.

If they don't want food waste, let us take it back to the cabin fridge for later. If we're not allowed to do so, the food will be discarded as waste.

We Customers pay for the food served to us in the restaurants, so it should be ours to take with us. Just give us a disposable container for it.

I have a cruise booked for less than a week from now and I have not been notified of any of the changes that have been made since I made final payment.

Those changes include:

Beverage gratuity gone from 15% to 18%.

18% gratuity on specialty restaurants

1st night Cirque dinner no longer included in UDP

kids now full price at specialty restaurants vice 50%

room service fee of $7.95

no food allowed to be taken from restaurants

There may be more but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Some of these changes won't effect me but others will.

I wouldn't know about any of them it I wasn't on cruise critic.

I have 3 more cruises book. We'll we see after this cruise whether I will be canceling them.

Lois

This is a huge opportunity for someone to design and release a range of 'smuggle food out of the buffet' hand luggage. Looks like a regular shoulder bag but has a flip down side hatch with plate sized slots that you can slide the goodness into and skulk away unnoticed.