Poll for Golds

mamieof3

Gold's Please Vote  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Gold's Please Vote

• I like the '$9 drink at any bar' coupon
    • I would rather be able to go to the party

Its better this way. That ways you can see if the respondents are truthful or not. We already have one Plat admitting to skewing the poll.

Just checked, there are a few Plats voting for the Golds. Isn't gtalum Platinum as well?

While I am fine with the no party, I would have liked to at least experience it.

Good point, as well - differing from a previous poster with just as sound reasoning. I definitely can see your point, I always try to give everything at least a try...can't base an opinion if I haven't tried it. Thanks for your opinion. :)

I have been Gold for several years and never attended the party. The coupon we have been getting has had drawbacks to them so I've never even used them. A coupon that can be used anytime day or night anywhere on the ship would be nice.

My husband and I always have attended the party. Very very sad that it will not be there when we cruise next March. We enjoyed all the little drinks and snacks they had ....as well as the crowd of past cruisers. We felt it was lots of fun. Oh well guess nothing we can do about it...

I'm Platinum, but I voted for my daughter who is Gold. I texted her at work and asked what she chose and her answer was, "Drink coupon, duh!"

Possibly other Platinums voted for Gold family members not on CC.

Edited by nodogkisses

A few hours the last day at almost any bar or 45 minutes before dinner on one evening in a crowed room. Which sounds more constrictive to you?

How about this. If qualified, the individual cruiser receives a certificate that allows them to redeem to attend a social party at the time and place of ship's choosing OR for one drink, but not both.

Someone in another thread said something to this effect: "I would bet if the Gold's could vote, 90% would rather have $9 drink coupon to be used at any bar rather than the party. I thought it would be interesting to see how Gold's would vote when posed this question. IMO, I agree. I have been to probably 3 of the parties and it has always been so crowded, never was able to get more than one drink, and never enjoyed the drink that the waiter had to offer. Also, I never was able to sample any of the food goodies. I quit going to the parties a few cruises ago.

So, Gold's, please vote :)

I'll take the drink. wish they would just let u have it anytime u

wanted but I'll still take it.

have not been to the Carnival party in awhile...

Edited by CrusieToy

A few hours the last day at almost any bar or 45 minutes before dinner on one evening in a crowed room. Which sounds more constrictive to you?

I would rather the party, because it was a planned event. I don't consider that restrictive. I consider that what it is: a timed event. However if you're going to give me a free drink then what difference does it make to you when I use it? They are restricting it to the last few hours of your vacation in hopes that you won't use it. Plain and simple. Plus if you buy Cheers, the coupon is virtually pointless unless you're desperate to get one extra drink. It makes sense for a party to be a party. Timed specifically. The limited hours on the coupon is tacky. And the fact that you can use it at any bar doesn't matter to me. Big whoop.

I love how people expect handouts from Carnival. Then when they change or don't get it, all hell breaks loose. We have enough handouts in this country! I don't expect anything from them or in life in general. When things happen I am thankful, not upset because it wasn't what I was expecting. Get real! ;)

Edited by Mark-da-Shark

I love how people expect handouts from Carnival. Then when they change or don't get it, all hell breaks loose. We have enough handouts in this country! I don't expect anything from them or in life in general. When things happen I am thankful, not upset because it wasn't what I was expecting. Get real! ;)

Hand-outs = receiving things while giving nothing in return.

Not hand-outs = receiving something in exchange for money or conduct that benefits the giver. Including marketing promotions, reward programs, etc.

I appreciate the OP's effort, but would like to see a poll in which all platinums respected that the invitation to vote did not include them.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

I voted for the coupon. We usually either forget about the party or don't make it because we are busy doing other things. I'd rather have my drink coupon and be able to use it at any bar on whatever sea day it is, lol. Easy and still a nice perk. We'll still be loyal to carnival because they're still the cheapest (for the times of year we cruise, high seasons) and funnest!

I'm Platinum, but I voted for my daughter who is Gold. I texted her at work and asked what she chose and her answer was, "Drink coupon, duh!"

Possibly other Platinums voted for Gold family members not on CC.

well, I speak for my daughter quite frequently so I sure don't see anything wrong with that :D. There have been a few snide remarks made about Plat voting and how 'unreliable' this poll is and that is their opinion and some truth in it. But, I didn't set this up as some kind of 'official' poll (like I could, lol). I like seeing people post after voting and hearing why they voted the way they did - whether this poll or others - because I oftentimes read of reasons that make me go 'Hmmmmm'. I like having my opinion challenged in that way because it either strengthens it or makes me rethink it. So, anywho, thanks for your response/explanation :)

I would rather have the bar drink coupon for sure.

We have attended a couple of the parties. There was one that we did enjoy as my husband had tipped one of the bar guys a few extra dollars a couple of times and he "remembered us" so made sure we got plenty of drinks. :)

The last time we cruised we didn't attend the past guest party. We were busy doing other things with family members who were new cruisers.

I would prefer to be able to get a drink from a bar whenever I wanted to use the coupon.

Edited by Yvonne

Hand-outs = receiving things while giving nothing in return.

Not hand-outs = receiving something in exchange for money or conduct that benefits the giver. Including marketing promotions, reward programs, etc.

I appreciate the OP's effort, but would like to see a poll in which all platinums respected that the invitation to vote did not include them.

"would like to see a poll which all platinums respected that the invitation to vote did not include them"

I agree, and I noted this yesterday in a response to OP, but in defense of Mamie, she did title the poll, "Poll for Golds". Did the platinums respect that? NOOOOOO...most did not, because so many of them have no respect for anyone but themselves and their own opinion. Not all by far, but I believe a lot of the anger stirred up here on this board is by the platinums stirring the pot.

We're not loyal to any cruise line. We choose a ship based on price, itinerary, ports we can drive to, etc. Yes, we did the past guest party on the Pride; it was nice, plenty of food, and the drinks were flowing. It wasn't so crowded that you couldn't find a seat. All that said, we'll use the drink coupon, I guess. We won't try to get to the next level just for the past guest party. We'll continue to sail on Carnival if we get the same prices we've been getting for the past few years.

"would like to see a poll which all platinums respected that the invitation to vote did not include them"

I agree, and I noted this yesterday in a response to OP, but in defense of Mamie, she did title the poll, "Poll for Golds". Did the platinums respect that? NOOOOOO...most did not, because so many of them have no respect for anyone but themselves and their own opinion. Not all by far, but I believe a lot of the anger stirred up here on this board is by the platinums stirring the pot.

I agree! There are people here who think that their money is different than mine or others. I do respect that some have been cruising longer than I have, but that is the only difference.

I buy groceries every week from the same store. This does not mean that I own it or that new customers don't have a valued opinion. In business, EVERY opinion should be considered. Unfortunately CC is full of moss backs that think they own the world! Wake up and get real.

Voted for the coupon - but I really fall under the "I don't care" category.

Companies receive my continued loyalty by offering a value product (price/product) and good customer service. I do not need trinkets or a party to feel appreciated. I feel those that do worry about what they receive in return for their loyalty are just falling in the trap setup by those companies. If I spend $X more with the company, I then get Y and Z. It is not about appreciating your loyalty. It is marketing to get people to spend more to receive more benefits.