Dress code for main dining

Hi, I am aware of the dress code for the main dining rooms, however am wondering if this applies for breakfast and lunch as well??

Thank you!

Different dress suggestion at lunch: T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops are acceptable for lunch.

This is sooooooooooooo true! :D

Some woman came to the MDR lunch in a bathrobe! :rolleyes:

LuLu

:D :D hehe I remember seeing the same on our Mexican Riviera cruise! I should've done the same! (not that I'd have been game to... :p)

Men in tank tops my be turned away from the MDR at lunch...our Son-in-law was.

Wait.... So they'll let someone in wearing a bathrobe but not a man in a tank top? (Personally, I'm not a fan of seeing men's upper body hair while I'm eating - :eek: - so the no tank top thing works for me ;).) But seriously... who wears a bath robe around the ship to begin with!? Good grief. Hey... maybe they're saving space in luggage by not packing a swim suit cover.

Wait.... So they'll let someone in wearing a bathrobe but not a man in a tank top? (Personally, I'm not a fan of seeing men's upper body hair while I'm eating - :eek: - so the no tank top thing works for me ;).) But seriously... who wears a bath robe around the ship to begin with!? Good grief. Hey... maybe they're saving space in luggage by not packing a swim suit cover.

Must have been Carnival passengers wearing the bathrobes. It is amazing how many people show up to the Lido Restaurant on Carnival in the bathrobes and pjs at breakfast.

I saw slobs in their 15 year old Harley Davidson t-shirts and jeans in the MDR on the INDY a couple weeks ago. Show a little respect to the staff and other cruisers. Guy looked like he just stepped out of a truckers rest stop. Should have fed him his food from a styrofoam container. Flame me if you want but it's no different then showing up to a funeral in shorts and a wife beater.

Seriously.....no hat????? A bathrobe is ok but no hat???? I look pretty cute in a hat. Some people have things all backwards and wrong. SMH :confused:

Hats have been seen on occasion; bathrobes have been seen on occasion. It's not that one is okay and the other is not. It's just that some people will do inappropriate things, and sometimes they'll be called on it; other times they won't. Generally, there are standards that the company would like for you to follow, but they would rather not have to play fashion police.

Did see someone turned away from the Dining room for being in their pj's and robe .You see people in just pj's and pj's and Robe in the Windjammer most mornings on a cruise. I personally feel if you don't want to dress for Breakfast call room service and eat in your cabin.I also feel it is only showing respect for the crew and other passengers if we dress when we go out in public for our meals.

Edited by Jasp 0401

I think in the "olden" (very olden) days, it was common practice to wear a bathrobe to the "bathing" beach as they were known. I think some folks have not kept up with the times and are still back there in those "olden days", bless their hearts!!! ;):eek:

Edited by Rala
typo

I think in the "olden" (very olden) days, it was common practice to wear a bathrobe to the "bathing" beach as they were known. I think some folks have not kept up with the times and are still back there in those "olden days", bless their hearts!!! ;):eek:

I love this! Seriously, I couldn't care less what anyone else is wearing. Well, that's not totally true. I do care I suppose. I just don't let others' attire dictate my vaca.

But on another note, have you ever looked up the southern meaning of bless their hearts;). Being a southern gal, I know exactly what I mean when I say it. :D

When my daughter married into a very northern family a few years back, her new Mother in Law sent me the funniest card depicting the southern meaning of bless her heart. Oh, so true!

I saw slobs in their 15 year old Harley Davidson t-shirts and jeans in the MDR on the INDY a couple weeks ago. Show a little respect to the staff and other cruisers. Guy looked like he just stepped out of a truckers rest stop. Should have fed him his food from a styrofoam container. Flame me if you want but it's no different then showing up to a funeral in shorts and a wife beater.

I just read that correctly right? You are comparing someone wearing jeans to being a "wife beater". I really hope you are being sarcastic.

I love this! Seriously, I couldn't care less what anyone else is wearing. Well, that's not totally true. I do care I suppose. I just don't let others' attire dictate my vaca.

But on another note, have you ever looked up the southern meaning of bless their hearts;). Being a southern gal, I know exactly what I mean when I say it. :D

When my daughter married into a very northern family a few years back, her new Mother in Law sent me the funniest card depicting the southern meaning of bless her heart. Oh, so true!

Well, I am a New England born and bred girl, but if I get what you are alluding to, I think I mean the same as you do when I say "bless their hearts" !!! ;) Maybe there were some southern relatives in my past that I don't know about! ;):D