Does Roll Call Activity Influence Your Choice of a Cruise?

mlbcruiser

I do look at the Roll Call before booking just because I am nosey :eek: AND because the shore excursions booked with other CC travelers are important to me. My cruises are usually in Europe where the excursions are more than beach days. The ship excursions are waaayyy more expensive and I have found them not to be as good as the ones that I have taken independently with other members of the Roll Call. Just my opinion of course

I do look at the Roll Call before booking just because I am nosey :eek: AND because the shore excursions booked with other CC travelers are important to me. My cruises are usually in Europe where the excursions are more than beach days. The ship excursions are waaayyy more expensive and I have found them not to be as good as the ones that I have taken independently with other members of the Roll Call. Just my opinion of course

This might limit you from cruises on smaller ships where their might be very small roll call with few shared excursions. The smaller ships can do ports that the larger mass market ships cannot, so you may be limiting yourselves. We're doing an Azamara Venice to Croatia Dalmation coast next summer. Worst case scenario is that we do ports on our own.

Edited by hubofhockey

Just curious. Does the lack of roll call activity ever influence your choice of a cruise? Have you ever switched cruises because there is another date or similar cruise that is much more active? Also, have you ever switched because the roll call has TOO many posters? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

While it's common for a roll call to pick up shortly before the date of the cruise, when the cruise is a "biggie", last min. bookings/roll call additions are often not so numerous.

Even though I tske part in roll calls, they have absolutely no influence on our cruise choice.

I've never looked at a roll call before we booked a cruise, and if I did I can't imagine that it would influence our decision. We book cruises based on many criteria, but that's not one.

There have been a couple of roll calls that made me not want to get involved with some of the people on them, but then I just ignore that roll call, not cancel the cruise.

I use the roll call mostly for port information and possible tour groups; don't care about the social aspect much.

I have made real friends through roll calls. However, no it would not impact me.

Agree with you on both points. We have lifelong friends now with whom we still communicate. Maybe we'll even cruise together again some day. :) And no, the RC is absolutely not important to me. I would never give anyone that much power. ;)

Roll call activity doesn't affect my choice of a sailing but it does affect whether or not I will participate in that roll call. A M&G is the ONLY activity that I would join. CC activities arranged by Madame Superorganizer, as self appointed alternative cruise director, are not for me. I even skip a M&G if it's been scheduled up against a featured speaker presentation.

Rarely is anybody in the M&G who regularly posts on the board which I frequent. So I don't feel any obligation to take part just because somebody decided the ship didn't offer enough activities, or not the activities that she (and it's always a she) likes. Whose vacation is it anyway - mine or hers? Better for me to just stay away and let those who enjoy these things do so.