Summit Review 5-3-15 sail date

pumpkin 11

The MDR is not open on Embarkation Day (unless they are serving VIPs of some sort, but it's not open to the general public). The MDR is also not open on port days for lunch only sea days.

Thanks for confirming - that's what I understood.

The MDR is not open on Embarkation Day (unless they are serving VIPs of some sort, but it's not open to the general public). The MDR is also not open on port days for lunch only sea days.

I just got off the Summit 5/10/15 and MDR WAS open embarkation day for lunch. They made several anouncements. Not sure if this is always the case.

I just got off the Summit 5/10/15 and MDR WAS open embarkation day for lunch. They made several anouncements. Not sure if this is always the case.

Really? Okay, I have been cruising for 15 years and have been on 23 cruises. The MDR has never been open before for lunch. I wonder if they had some type of a problem elsewhere or they are trying out something new.

The love to try out new things on the Summit Bermuda cruise runs.

Awhile back on Summit to Bermuda, we avoided lines for bus or ferry tix on the first port day by signing up for a waterway sightseeing excursion....had a nice tour ending in Hamilton...spent the day and used the included ferry ticket back to the ship

second day we took a bus tour all over including St George....was not really a good week for beaches so it worked out well....no lines or crowds!

Agree , yes the main dining room was open on day 1 for lunch

Regarding my problems with waits for tables and the one night that we waited a half our between the salad and main coarse I will say that David was exceptional in his help in trying to smooth things out. He is the best. Our waiter said that he had to go downstairs to get watercress of our dinner. Not something that I needed but they have their instructions on how the meals should be served.

We have already booked for next year on May 8. Loved Blu and the Summit

My experience was the same as clo6216, but I was on the week before. David, the Maitre 'd was simply the best I have ever seen on any ship. Really getting involved and helping his staff, running around with juice or butter, whatever was needed. We too had Jose and Rambo, with their assistants, and they were excellent.

Yes Sarah, that is the lovely Elvis and he was fabulous!!!!!

That was our experience as well. David knows how to work the room.

Too bad that lunch in MDR was not good on embarcation. Hopefully Bistro will be open-- When I was on the Reflection, We ate at Blu for dinner 3 times. The only meals I cared for there was the filet and the short ribs. The lobster was really bad, but delicious at Murano/Normandie----- We enjoyed breakfast a few times at Blu as well. Our plan for Bermuda is to make use of Blu for the two nights that filet and short ribs are served-

We will eat dinner in Bistro once, Normandie and Qsine once. Room service for second Bermuda night (we will be exhausted after eco tour with Hidden Gems.)

First night in Bermuda we will eat dinner at Swizzle Inn--

I was hoping that Blu would have that brunch like they did for 2014 Bermuda. I wouldn't have minded trying the MDR for lunch- in case we don't do aqua on some other trip with Celebrity. But if it was bad, then Bistro it is. Thanks again for your review.

I hope you know they changed the menu for Bistro on 5. They took all the Panini's off the menu and now have soggy crepes and a special of the day. Also, they doubled the price to $10. We had planned to eat there numerous times but after the first day, we never went back.

How do we find the Blu maitre de when we board? We booked Aqua to avoid formal nights and are a family of 10. We just wanted to let them know that we will be dining together and will need a table for 10 each night in Blu. Thank you!

While the ship is docked in Bermuda are there time restrictions on leaving in the morning and returning in the evening? The reason I am asking is that friends are going and their son lives in Bermuda and they will be spending the days with them, and eating back on board in the evenings. Just wondered if there were time restrictions.

Thx

While the ship is docked in Bermuda are there time restrictions on leaving in the morning and returning in the evening? The reason I am asking is that friends are going and their son lives in Bermuda and they will be spending the days with them, and eating back on board in the evenings. Just wondered if there were time restrictions.

Thx

you can come and go as you please

How do we find the Blu maitre de when we board? We booked Aqua to avoid formal nights and are a family of 10. We just wanted to let them know that we will be dining together and will need a table for 10 each night in Blu. Thank you!

I once had a request for a specific table in the MDA and called Celebrity Guest Relations Department:1-844-418-6824

Hours

Eastern daylight/standard time zone Monday-Sunday:8 AM-8 PM

They took care or it for me, when I got on the ship all was well.

OK, I just liked the Cowboy crepe and desert crepes. But I was hoping that the expanded menu was just that- expanded, not taking any thing away. Hmm.

I'm with you, Jetswdo!

We loved Bistro on 5 for embarkation day and was looking forward to the expanded menu, not only for that first day, but as an additional alternative to MDR. Our party was disappointed by the crepes that were removed and not impressed by menu items added, particularly as the up-charge increased to $10 (for a panini? Really?). Although I still wanted to give it a shot, majority ruled and we didn't go. Whenever I went by during the week (lunch or dinner hours) it seemed as sparsely populated as always.

Edited by tnfcruise

We ate there twice. It was never empty. Once it was packed, the other time 3/4 full. We had very good service- I thought a bargain for $5 each.

I 'm wondering if it is empty only on certain ships? Could it be the price changes? Bad service?

A few comments,also off the ship May 10. MDR was open on embarkation but Aqua spa cafe was closed (last year it was open). Bistro on 5 menu is worse but they charge more so we skipped it this year.

54 Below will not be on board this year. As per the CD they have decided to go in a different direction. Feedback was mixed supposedly with some loving and some disliking 54 below in the past.

Production shows have not changed in years. They just introduced I Magic. The old time magic tricks were excellent, the use of I pads, holograms and stuff was more flash tan substance in my opinion as well as others at our table. But I am sure others really liked it.

We had an excellent comedian one night but do not remember his name.

There is definitely less trivia.

None the less it was a great cruise and we have signed on for next year.

Hi all,

Is it a terrible idea not to buy a drinks package?

Also, is the package for the entire duration of the cruise (i.e. 7x55$), or just the days at sea? and does anyone know if we can buy it for one day or does it have to be for all days?

Thanks,

Bassem

Hi all,

Is it a terrible idea not to buy a drinks package?

Also, is the package for the entire duration of the cruise (i.e. 7x55$), or just the days at sea? and does anyone know if we can buy it for one day or does it have to be for all days?

Thanks,

Bassem

Welcome to Cruise Critic!! It is def not a terrible idea to not buy a package...we would never buy a package, but certainly it's our first pick when offered as a perk. If you're not sure how much you'll buy in the way of beverages you can always just pay for each drink for a day or two of your cruise and then decide if the package is worth it for you. You can purchase a package at any bar on the ship. Once you have a package it is good for sea and port days. If you are planning to buy a package you will pay for each day up to the end...can't pick and choose which days you want to have it for.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Cathy