Not all drink prices have increased...

Some of the high end wine was cheap compared to what a restaurant would sell it Caymus Cabernet sells for 60 or more in wine store and it was 80 on sine list that is a bargain, I found a nice selection of wines by the glass that were included in premium liquor package

Some of the high end wine was cheap compared to what a restaurant would sell it Caymus Cabernet sells for 60 or more in wine store and it was 80 on sine list that is a bargain, I found a nice selection of wines by the glass that were included in premium liquor package

I noticed that too. Caymus went from $92 to $80 on the ship.

shhhhhhhh.

The only difference in wine prices that I've noticed from ship to ship apply to all beverages, which is that in certain international markets (Australia and I Europe on our last Serenade cruise from there) the tip is added into the price of the drink. It works out the same as in the North American markets, but it's a little bit of a shock to see the higher prices on the wine list.

On our first cruise (Nordic Empress), I was appalled by the wine prices and we pretty much stuck to mixed drinks and beer. Now I find the wines, especially by the bottle, to be quite fairly priced (looking at the mid- to upper- ranges - the less expensive bottles are often 4-5x retail) so am almost exclusively a wine drinker now. It's better for my liver, too.

Hi All .... Was recently on the Vision. Least expensive wine by the glass was $9 plus tip. Are all the wines this price?:rolleyes:

That's when the bottle retails for 7.99. Some of the bottle prices are not too bad (2x retail) but the glass prices are pretty high.

I truly hope they have at least a few selections at $8 per glass :( What do the bottle prices look like as well?

Here is 'someone's' list from March 2015 but keep in mind prices could have changed and may vary from ship to ship, sailing to sailing, bar to bar :rolleyes:

Bob I can't see a list on the link you posted.

Edited by marci22

... It's better for my liver, too.

And better for your heart health too!;)

With the auto grat it would be $94?

Correct, but that's better than the $106 it used to be with the 15% grat.

I'd think the opposite. You are captive for 5 or 6 days. Plus the fares are low per day anyway.

Lowest inside starting at 1499.00 and suites as high as 15,000 on a TA is not what I would consider cheap. Rates are getting to be crazy.

Edited by HappyCampers3

Lowest inside starting at 1499.00 and suites as high as 15,000 on a TA is not what I would consider cheap. Rates are getting to be crazy.

Typically, the per-night price of a Transatlantic crossing is lower than other itineraries. I'm not sure exactly which sailing you're quoting there, but I don't think that's typical TA pricing.

Agreed. I see many 12 - 14 night TA's available starting at the 600 - 800 dollar range for inside.

Checked the poster's profile, and it looks like it's a 16 night FLL to Copenhagen on Serenade. Looks like a pretty awesome itinerary, stopping in the Azores, Ireland, Normandy coast, etc. on the way. So, that's a tad higher than most TAs I've seen, but I'm jealous....:D

We just sailed the Serenade TA last week and not all of the drink prices have increased for non-premium simple mixers.

I ordered a HOUSE vodka and tonic for only $6 + $1.08 tip. A Grand Marnier straight-up did increase to $7 + tip from $6. A Baileys on the rocks was only $7 + tip. Jack Daniels on the rocks $8 + tip. At one point a bartender tried to charge me for Absolut @ $8, but I refused the drink. He was visibly upset, but hey, that's not what I ordered.

There were the $10 and $12 monsters, but we only had a few. It seemed if you ordered more than one mixer it was $10. Some martini's were $12.

Caveat, check on your ship before you order, but at least for this cruise, an inexpensive drink is available.

We were on the BR end of April and got the same price. House vodka and cranberry was $6 plus tip.

Kettle One was $9 plus tip for that and tonic.

Typically, the per-night price of a Transatlantic crossing is lower than other itineraries. I'm not sure exactly which sailing you're quoting there, but I don't think that's typical TA pricing.

Similar itinerary and ship as OP is speaking of. Believe it or not, prices have come down quite a bit from initial pricing. Within first week we had a price adjustment.

We just got back from the Radiance last week. Since it was sailing from Australia, tips were already figured in. The wine price said $36, and there was a line for a tip. I thought it was pretty sneaky that you had to look at the bottom of the bill and read the small print to find out that an 18% tip was added into that $36 cost. That being said, there was always some kind of discount offer being made. One night it was 20% off the price listed on the wine list, and another it was 30% off if you bought 2 bottles. I had 5 bottles of wine in 18 days, and only paid the full price listed on the wine list once. We paid $9.00 for wine by the glass in the Windjammer for wine at lunch, and again that included the tip.

There was a time in the afternoon when there was a discount on beers, and a bottle of Stella was $5.85. Other than that, the aluminum bottles of beer ran $7.50, as did large drafts in the Schooner Bar. We only bought 2 mixed drinks, a gin and tonic in the lobby for 9.00 and a mud slide in the Schooner for 12.50.

Guess it depends on ship. Rhapsody 14 nights solo in GS is 4 grand

TA's are notoriously inexpensive. Why do you think so many D and D+'s go

Edited by John&LaLa

So what's the best advice to find out drink prices once we're onboard?

"They" are saying that there aren't drink menus anymore?:

Ask the bar server each time you order.

We just got back from the Radiance last week. Since it was sailing from Australia, tips were already figured in. The wine price said $36, and there was a line for a tip. I thought it was pretty sneaky that you had to look at the bottom of the bill and read the small print to find out that an 18% tip was added into that $36 cost. That being said, there was always some kind of discount offer being made. One night it was 20% off the price listed on the wine list, and another it was 30% off if you bought 2 bottles. I had 5 bottles of wine in 18 days, and only paid the full price listed on the wine list once. We paid $9.00 for wine by the glass in the Windjammer for wine at lunch, and again that included the tip.

There was a time in the afternoon when there was a discount on beers, and a bottle of Stella was $5.85. Other than that, the aluminum bottles of beer ran $7.50, as did large drafts in the Schooner Bar. We only bought 2 mixed drinks, a gin and tonic in the lobby for 9.00 and a mud slide in the Schooner for 12.50.

That's good to hear since we will be on Radiance in just a few weeks. We are wine only drinkers and are planning on buying a bottle each night with dinner. I imagine that if they were to offer 30% if you buy 2 bottles then we could just save one for the next night since there are no longer corkage fees! Were the discounts well advertised on the wine?

Edited by weatherboy80

I understand that if you buy the drink pkg all people in the room have to get it as well. So what if there is 1 adult in the room and teenager who is not allowed alcohol. Can you just buy one drink pkg then? We have two cabins booked, one for my daughter and her friend and one for my DH and myself. So of course we had to put one adult in each stateroom.

I understand that if you buy the drink pkg all people in the room have to get it as well. So what if there is 1 adult in the room and teenager who is not allowed alcohol. Can you just buy one drink pkg then? We have two cabins booked, one for my daughter and her friend and one for my DH and myself. So of course we had to put one adult in each stateroom.

Royal does not require all guests in a stateroom to purchase a beverage package.

Clarea, are you referring to the 40th anniversary Caymus? If so, the price better be lower because it's not good. I'm bringing 2 bottles of the 2011 onboard. Now that I would pay 92 for.