Not all drink prices have increased...

We just sailed the Serenade TA last week and not all of the drink prices have increased for non-premium simple mixers.

I ordered a HOUSE vodka and tonic for only $6 + $1.08 tip. A Grand Marnier straight-up did increase to $7 + tip from $6. A Baileys on the rocks was only $7 + tip. Jack Daniels on the rocks $8 + tip. At one point a bartender tried to charge me for Absolut @ $8, but I refused the drink. He was visibly upset, but hey, that's not what I ordered.

There were the $10 and $12 monsters, but we only had a few. It seemed if you ordered more than one mixer it was $10. Some martini's were $12.

Caveat, check on your ship before you order, but at least for this cruise, an inexpensive drink is available.

Edited by steveru621

Thanks for the update. Most of us here know this to be true, but some like to pick the highest price drink and then declare on CC that all drinks are this price, you just shake your head sometimes.

We just sailed the Serenade TA last week and not all of the drink prices have increased for non-premium simple mixers.

I ordered a HOUSE vodka and tonic for only $6 + $1.08 tip. A Grand Marnier straight-up did increase to $7 + tip from $6. A Baileys on the rocks was only $7 + tip. Jack Daniels on the rocks $8 + tip. At one point a bartender tried to charge me for Absolut @ $8, but I refused the drink. He was visibly upset, but hey, that's not what I ordered.

There were the $10 and $12 monsters, but we only had a few. It seemed if you ordered more than one mixer it was $10. Some martini's were $12.

Caveat, check on your ship before you order, but at least for this cruise, an inexpensive drink is available.

THAT IS THE EXACT DRINK I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A CURRENT PRICE ON! Thank you a million times over. That is in line with what I have paid in the past. Thank you for that answer.

THAT IS THE EXACT DRINK I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A CURRENT PRICE ON! Thank you a million times over. That is in line with what I have paid in the past. Thank you for that answer.

It probably varies from ship to ship and sometimes even bar to bar on ONE ship!

I had several HOUSE vodka and tonics on Freedom and they were 10.00 + 18%. I can probably find a receipt or two for the non believers.:rolleyes:

There were also several times where a Lava Flow was 12 bucks + 18% at the pool but only 10 bucks + 18% at the Schooner Bar. Its inconsistent at best.

Glad to see that not all drinks are $12! Assume that a house gin and tonic would be the same as a vodka and tonic.

Its funny around here how some people will take one post from one person off of one ship as gospel but question many posts from many people from many ships that basically are saying the same thing :rolleyes:

I would wait until i got onboard before assuming anything regarding drink prices. Again, they are inconsistent fleet wide at best. I never had any luck finding a cocktail under 10 bucks + 18%. Most of mine were 12.00 + 18% YMMV

I will be buying the Premium Package on Allure!

Edited by ryano

Its funny around here how some people will take one post from one person off of one ship as gospel but question many posts from many people from many ships that basically are saying the same thing :rolleyes:

I would wait until i got onboard before assuming anything regarding drink prices. Again, they are inconsistent fleet wide at best. I never had any luck finding a cocktail under 10 bucks + 18%.

YMMV

Glad I could amuse you. :rolleyes:

I had several HOUSE vodka and tonics on Freedom and they were 10.00 + 18%. I can probably find a receipt or two for the non believers.:rolleyes:

There were also several times where a Lava Flow was 12 bucks + 18% at the pool but only 10 bucks + 18% at the Schooner Bar. Its inconsistent at best.

Lava Flow is worth more at the pool. :p

Thanks for the update. Most of us here know this to be true, but some like to pick the highest price drink and then declare on CC that all drinks are this price, you just shake your head sometimes.

Not only this but then use that as justification for getting a drink package.

It is not unusual at land based restaurants either. Ordered a bacardi rum and coke and a draft beer at the bar of my favorite restaurant last week and it was $2 and $1. In the dining room, it was twice that.

And yes, those are correct prices. I think they are having a local drink price war here. Most of the places have these prices now. If only Royal could match that:)

Just wondering if the drink prices on a TA would be charged at a more consistent and reasonable price, seeing that the cruise line is dependent on the passengers for 6-7 continuous days to 'keep them afloat', so to say :) I can only hope since we are doing this same TA next April :)

Edited by HappyCampers3

Absolut(ely) true. That's why I added the caveat!

It's unfortunate that there is no consistency in prices and services from ship to ship. The problem I have usually the bartender assumes I want Absolut, or wants to get a bigger tip. So true about bar to bar prices as well.

Michael Bayley, why is a house vodka 66% more expensive on Freedom than Serenade???

Just wondering if the drink prices on a TA would be charged at a more consistent and reasonable price, seeing that the cruise line is dependent on the passengers for 6-7 continuous days to 'keep them afloat', so to say :) I can only hope since we are doing this same TA next April :)

I'd think the opposite. You are captive for 5 or 6 days. Plus the fares are low per day anyway.

Hi All .... Was recently on the Vision. Least expensive wine by the glass was $9 plus tip. Are all the wines this price?:rolleyes:

There are a very few wines at the $8 and under level.

I'd think the opposite. You are captive for 5 or 6 days. Plus the fares are low per day anyway.

They also don't want passengers to be unhappy and bored, and feel like they are being put over a barrel. I would not be surprised if they lowered prices to keep people happy.

Transatlantics are not about making big money, at least for everyone but Cunard. They are about moving the ship and getting what revenue they can while they are at it.