Breakaway or Getaway: Any difference?

alibubba

We are going to Bermuda on the Breakaway next month and have the Getaway booked for next year with the whole family. Is there much difference between them? Will we get a good picture of the Getaway when we are on the Breakaway.

They are basically identical with some decor and theme differences.

Breakaway has Uptown Grill where Getaway has Flamingo Grill

Breakaway has Manhattan Room where Getaway has Tropicana Room

Breakaway has Fat Cats where Getaway has Grammy Experience

Deck plans are identical.

Edited by LrgPizza

They are basically identical with some decor and theme differences.

Breakaway has Uptown Grill where Getaway has Flamingo Grill

Breakaway has Manhattan Room where Getaway has Tropicana Room

Breakaway has Fat Cats where Getaway has Grammy Experience

Deck plans are identical.

We loved FatCats on Breakaway. Didn't enjoy Grammy Experience on Getaway as the new singer isn't our style. (Just got off ship a few days ago. Previous entertainer, Sugar Blue, had good reviews but he is gone now.)

Both Grills are good, but we are partial to Flamingo Grill on the Getaway. Love the Latin food.

We loved FatCats on Breakaway. Didn't enjoy Grammy Experience on Getaway as the new singer isn't our style. (Just got off ship a few days ago. Previous entertainer, Sugar Blue, had good reviews but he is gone now.)

Both Grills are good, but we are partial to Flamingo Grill on the Getaway. Love the Latin food.

I also loved the Flamingo Grill as well. I remember when I wasn't feeling the buffet, I would go upstairs to Flamingo Grill and get chicken, beans, rice, and dessert and that was delicious.

There's an important difference:

The Getaway has the Illusionarium, which the Breakaway doesn't have. The Illusionarium is fantastic... definitely a "must see" show... and I liked the dinner there, too.

For folks staying in The Haven, an important difference is that the Breakaway has a sliding glass dome over The Haven courtyard, which can be opened or closed depending on the weather. On the Getaway, The Haven courtyard is open to the air and there is no dome that can be closed in inclement weather.

There's an important difference:

The Getaway has the Illusionarium, which the Breakaway doesn't have. The Illusionarium is fantastic... definitely a "must see" show... and I liked the dinner there, too.

So what does the Breakaway have instead of the Illusionarium? We LOVED the Illsuionarium show on the Getaway.

Also, I was wondering the difference of the "theme" between the 2 ships.

We loved the Getaway and everything it had to offer, however wasn't really "thrilled" with the "latin" theme it had going...almost every night. We went as a big group and we had practiced all our "dances" they normally do on the other ships and couldn't wait for all the parties and the "Glow Party" dancing only to find out almost all the music they played the entire week was Latin music and we were a little disappointed.

I assume since the Breakaway isn't a "Miami" based ship, it has a different "theme" to it. What is it? :confused:

Instead of Illusionarium, Breakaway has Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/whats-on-board/Entertainment#wb1-gallery

NYC is the theme throughout the ship. From hull art, the Rockettes as Godmothers of the ship and various other themes in restaurants and venues (including upside down Empire State Building wall sconce lamps outside the Manhattan Room (MDR).

Instead of Illusionarium, Breakaway has Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/whats-on-board/Entertainment#wb1-gallery

NYC is the theme throughout the ship. From hull art, the Rockettes as Godmothers of the ship and various other themes in restaurants and venues (including upside down Empire State Building wall sconce lamps outside the Manhattan Room (MDR).

Well that sounds neat. Maybe I will have to give her a shot. :D