Wow I never expected from royal ....

I know I tested the waters for many many years but I never take trip insurance. Stupid thoughts if I have it there is a door open not to go. Please don't yell at me I am not ignorant in everyday life but with cruising I guess I have blinders on. The short of it my DH is dealing with a medical issue and will have major surgery next Friday. So I will not be sailing as planned June 18th. I figured well I threw away that $$$ (1st of all most important we were assured he will end up being ok after all is said and done). I called royal spoke to an agent as I booked directly thru them. Got a supervisor from resolutions and he was wonderful I had to prove with medical proof that DH was not fit to travel. I did so the next day all was faxed to his attention my account was noted. I called I was able to move the $$ I had spent to another sailing in July!!! No money lost. I did how ever take a major jump down in cabin type but as the costs have risen since I org booked. Who cares we will be on the ship!!! I am grateful they were wonderful and this is a great goal to keep my husbands spirits up and it's like a prize at the end of the tunnel. I just wanted to share a positive experience with Rccl cust service. Happy cruising [emoji41][emoji267]

Wishing your DH well !

IF the cruise has wait list in which people have place a deposit in hopes of a cabin opening up than RCCL tends to be more compassionate because it knows they can resell the room at this short notice.

I am glad RCI was willing to work with you to come to a reasonable resolution Ocean View . Good ! :)

My concern is those who read this and believe that somehow Royal will solve their problems if the unforeseen occurs and they did not purchase insurance . Then we will have to read a thread about how evil and uncaring Royal is . Not everyone purchases trip insurance . My problem is those unwilling to accept responsibility .

This is not a slam against you OP . I have no problem with anyone trying to get corporations to "be nice" , it's the whining about the consequences of their own actions that bothers me .

Edited by richstowe

I am glad RCI was willing to work with you to come to a reasonable resolution Ocean View . Good ! :)

My concern is those who read this and believe that somehow Royal will solve their problems if the unforeseen occurs and they did not purchase insurance . Then we will have to read a thread about how evil and uncaring Royal is . Not everyone purchases trip insurance . My problem is those unwilling to accept responsibility .

This is not a slam against you OP . I have no problem with anyone trying to get corporations to "be nice" , it's the whining about the consequences of their own actions that bothers me .

I agree I am more shocked I was able to be helped! I completely understand it would have been my loss. I would never complain if I wasn't helped. As it was my choice not to get trip insurance.[emoji41]

Very True and the OP realizes how fortunate they were.

I have only sailed on Royal Caribbean once and experienced the same level of customer service. Since they have now made a reappearance on the west coast, we have booked on them again and glad to hear they have the same level of excellence in customer service!

Best of luck with the surgery and recovery.