Afternoon Tea

Do the RCCL ships have Afternoon Tea?

Not like I've read about on Princess. They will usually have an afternoon snack period, and you might fine some scones.

Not like I've read about on Princess. They will usually have an afternoon snack period, and you might fine some scones.

Have had wonderful scones, whipped cream and strawberries on several ship but none on my last Rhapsody cruise. In fact Rhapsody didn't have any afternoon snacks.

I wish they did. I arrange my sea days around afternoon tea on Carnival. I have to threaten my boyfriend to get him to go with me, but he ends up liking it, I swear. [emoji3]

Love my afternoon tea!

No afternoon tea? What about an ice cream machine? Or a deli? Is there pizza 24 hours a day? And is it any good?

As mentioned, no actual afternoon tea service, but there are snacks available in the Windjammer buffet, usually from 3 - 5 pm (check the hours in your printed Cruise Compass). There is always something available, not to worry.

The one and only time we have sailed PCL I was looking forward to the Tea Time other's had posted about....Not really impressed...Everyone was "herded" into the dining room "shoehorned" at tables... and the tea and snacks were just sat in the middle of the tables...not what I expected at all :eek:

No afternoon tea? What about an ice cream machine? Or a deli? Is there pizza 24 hours a day? And is it any good?

I spent about $1000 more for the Royal cruise we have coming up than I spent on the cancelled Carnival cruise for the same time period. It seems from reading this board that Royal offers less than Carnival. I'll be interested to see if this is true.

There is no traditional afternoon tea but afternoon snacks are available in the Windjammer generally between 3.30-5.00pm, it is listed on the cruise compass. For pizza, you can get it from Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's depending on the ship you are on and of course from room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had wonderful scones, whipped cream and strawberries on several ship but none on my last Rhapsody cruise. In fact Rhapsody didn't have any afternoon snacks.

Plenty of snacks at the Park Cafe in the afternoons, both sweet and savoury, and also at the other cafe on one of the Centrum levels.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Do the RCCL ships have Afternoon Tea?[/quote

The Anthem of the Seas did superb afternoon teas in the Windjammer on our recent 16 night cruise.

There was a selection of sandwiches,cakes, scones. cream scones.eclairs.fancy cakes and suchlike.

So much to choose from so of course I chose too much !!

Selswick

The one and only time we have sailed PCL I was looking forward to the Tea Time other's had posted about....Not really impressed...Everyone was "herded" into the dining room "shoehorned" at tables... and the tea and snacks were just sat in the middle of the tables...not what I expected at all :eek:

and that was Princess, you should see P&O cruises which is the number one for afternoon tea giggles.

Imagine a shilp full of oldies on zimmerframes all waiting and panting to get in the door. (Think the old folks home on the simpsons)

When it opens they ignore the gel, they barge and run towards the food , pick food up with their bare hands and then put it back after they smell it. They are rude to the staff.

Its the culture of pando and as Princess is a former sister of them (P&O Princess) I am not suprised the habits have spread.

P&O is not a bad cruise line, it is the few of the pax who expect everything for nothing and are so rude to the caring fantastic crew. They work so hard, are so great and I love them.

I spent about $1000 more for the Royal cruise we have coming up than I spent on the cancelled Carnival cruise for the same time period. It seems from reading this board that Royal offers less than Carnival. I'll be interested to see if this is true.

There is usually a soft-serve ice cream machine on the pool deck available for limited hours, something like noon to 6pm.

There is no traditional afternoon tea but afternoon snacks are available in the Windjammer generally between 3.30-5.00pm, it is listed on the cruise compass. For pizza, you can get it from Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's depending on the ship you are on and of course from room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's on the Jewel, which is the ship fyree39 is sailing on. Jewel usually has afternoon snacks in the Winjammer. Jewel also has Seaview Cafe and Solarium Cafe which both have really weird hours so check your cruise compass. Seaview Cafe has changed its menu so not sure what they still have and it has gone to a pay venue at night. Solarium Cafe will have pizza at night, but I don't know of any 24 hour pizza location.

Carnival and RCI are similar, but have different options. Don't go on your RCI cruise expecting it to be exactly as Carnival. The opposite is true too, both lines do some things better than others. If you go on RCI website and research your ship, you will get a better idea on what types of food is available. Food is so subjective, what one person likes another one says is horrible. I think the pizza is good, ice cream is good too.