3 Ships dance

Shogun

Hi All

QM2 was in Greenock the other day and left at night to a fireworks display wish Princess would do same for when ships stay overnight or even stay after dark

Yours Shogun

The Three Queens met up in the 5am Central US time hour. With today being the Memorial Day holiday in the US I'd meant to wake up early to catch part of the meeting "live" but will check out the replay video.

Thanks for the screen grabs and thank you shogun for the reminder!

Hi antsp

QM2 is a real linner so looks right, morden cruise ships just do not have the lines to compare to her, just compare the front to the Royal Princess

Yours Shogun

Quite agree Shogun, most modern ships including Princess are starting to look like a block of flats at sea

Quite agree Shogun, most modern ships including Princess are starting to look like a block of flats at sea

Last August, when we were ashore in Invergordon (Scotland) a local woman made the same comment to us about the Caribbean Princess .

Edited by ischeer

Thanks, Shogun.

A very special moment in time. I wish we could have witnessed this occasion live. It was wonderful to see as we are headed to Liverpool in August. Can't wait!:D

Also, thank you Dave for the great screenshots!:)

Hi All

QM2 was in Greenock the other day and left at night to a fireworks display wish Princess would do same for when ships stay overnight or even stay after dark

Yours Shogun

It was a great night at Greenock, QM2 always seems to attract huge crowds. However, my understanding is that the firework display that was put on was paid for by Inverclyde Council and Clyde Ports, not Cunard.

DW and I always go down to Greenock when any Cunard ship is in as do hundreds if not thousands of others and if it is QM2 enjoy the fireworks display when she leaves if it is at night. Maybe if Princess had a connection with the Clyde as Cunard do then they too might get a firework send off, but I doubt it. For us 'Clydesiders' Cunard is special.