Princess@Sea Cruise App Question

francot

Addition

Hello.

Do I need to purchase any internet to utilize the Princess@Sea Cruise App?

Or is it free to everyone?

Thanks in advance!

It is free at the apple App Store and, I think, for android as well. Download the app before you board, but since it is intranet, you won't be able to use until on board. I have it ready to go and am eager to see how well it works. I don't think it's available on all ships.

Edited by rpcv77

Addition

It is free at the apple App Store and, I think, for android as well. Download the app before you board, but since it is intranet, you won't be able to use until on board. I have it ready to go and am eager to see how well it works. I don't think it's available on all ships.

Cool! Probably can get it at the dock pre boarding.

Princess@Sea is not an app & uses free ship Wi-Fi to access the intranet for things like account balance, itinerary, daily activities & non-MDR and buffet menus.

Princess Cruises Messenger is a downloadable app that you can get before a cruise to access free messaging service with passengers & also uses the free Wi-Fi access to the intranet.

I downloaded the Princess Cruises Messenger app to try on my recent cruises on the Ruby and Emerald. I found it very clunky. It had received an update before the cruise that said several ships were added. Emerald and Ruby still didn't have the text feature that has been advertised for the Regal. It seemed to just redirect me to Princess@Sea. Even though "Remember Me" was checked, I had to sign in every third or fourth time. If I wanted to use the internet from the app, I first had to sign into the app, then sign into the internet. Rather than a menu item for "My Account", I had to click on "More", then "My Account."

I think Events, My Account, and Internet are the most used, so they should be the most accessible.

Each time the app came up, there would be flag that the Home "page requested was not ready."

IMO, Princess@Sea/Princess Messenger needs some fine tuning and consistency between ships

Edited by billco

Cool! Probably can get it at the dock pre boarding.

I got my Princess Messenger App before my cruise from the Apple App Store & those with Android can download them from their store.

If you don't want to use the Messenger app, you don't need to download anything to access Princess@Sea which is available on the ship without an app.

Princess@Sea is not an app & uses free ship Wi-Fi to access the intranet for things like account balance, itinerary, daily activities & non-MDR and buffet menus.

Princess Cruises Messenger is a downloadable app that you can get before a cruise to access free messaging service with passengers & also uses the free Wi-Fi access to the intranet.

Ok, got it. Messenger is an app that can be downloaded now, @Sea is a web page viewed from the ships only. Thanks!

Ok, got it. Messenger is an app that can be downloaded now, @Sea is a web page viewed from the ships only. Thanks!

That's it!

I've enjoyed Princess@Sea several times however on the Regal in April both P@S and Messenger only worked for a couple of hours. When they're working, we've enjoyed them very much! :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

To access Princess@Sea, you connect via WiFi and log in. It uses the ship's Intranet, not the Internet. You can log into the Internet with a separate login via Princess@Sea. Here's a screen capture of the main page to give you an idea:

eb754ec39ca1bdd7d478dae6a6b54ce0.jpg

To access Princess@Sea, you connect via WiFi and log in. It uses the ship's Intranet, not the Internet. You can log into the Internet with a separate login via Princess@Sea. Here's a screen capture of the main page to give you an idea:

eb754ec39ca1bdd7d478dae6a6b54ce0.jpg

Where do we get the login/password for Princess@Sea?

Thanks

Where do we get the login/password for Princess@Sea?

Thanks

You create your own sign in info for P@S; for Messenger when signing in you are issued an alpha numeric code to share with anyone you want to text. Since both of these only worked for a few hours during a 17 day cruise on the Regal my experience was limited this time.

It's been several months but recall that the 8 digit number on the back of the cruise card was used for initial sign in. Unfortunately I am not certain if it was for P@S or messenger. :o. I seem to recall it was for P@S and hopefully someone with more recent experience can confirm what this numeric code on the cruise card is used to initially access on the ship. :o

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's been several months but recall that the 8 digit number on the back of the cruise card was used for initial sign in. Unfortunately I am not certain if it was for P@S or messenger. :o. I seem to recall it was for P@S and hopefully someone with more recent experience can confirm what this numeric code on the cruise card is used to initially access on the ship. :o

I have only used princess@sea, as messenger has not been available on

any ships I have been on.

It was @sea that used the numbers on the back your your cruise card

to create the initial account.

I am going to roll the dice on messenger again soon...

I have only used princess@sea, as messenger has not been available on any ships I have been on.

It was @sea that used the numbers on the back your your cruise card to create the initial account.

I am going to roll the dice on messenger again soon...

Thanks for "refreshing" my memory. :p

Hopefully Messenger works for you because in the few hours it was operational if was a good way to contact friends.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Any more recent and/or successful experiences using Princess Messenger on board? We are cruising on the Royal next month, which should be fully outfitted with this technology.

So was the Regal which was the first ship to have Messenger however based on it (and P@S) being unavailable during much of our 17 day TA in April...it's still a "work in progress" and Princess HQ was unable to provide a fix.

Is the Princess@Sea Messenger available on the Ruby Princess?

I second this. Does anyone know if the messenger app is for the Ruby yet? All I could find was that it would be coming in the following months per the princess website but no indication of when that is.

I second this. Does anyone know if the messenger app is for the Ruby yet? All I could find was that it would be coming in the following months per the princess website but no indication of when that is.

According to the iTunes store, it works currently on the Regal, Royal, Diamond and Star.

The messenger app did not work on the Ruby when I sailed May 10-17-2015. Princess@sea works (events, accounts, internet)

The messenger app did not work on the Ruby when I sailed May 10-17-2015. Princess@sea works (events, accounts, internet)

Thanks. t least that works. That seams to be the better part of it. When you used it did everything work on it. I heard that for some people the menus didn't show up?

Does anyone know it the messenger works on the Diamond Princess?:confused:

We have a large group and this would help us contact each other during our cruise......:confused:

Someone in the know please HELP!;)

Does anyone know it the messenger works on the Diamond Princess?:confused:

We have a large group and this would help us contact each other during our cruise......:confused:

If it does work, please realize there is no notification (sound or vibrate) that a new message has arrived and thus everyone in your large group that might expect a message would have to look at their device often to see if there indeed has been a new message.