Celebrity: What's up with Infinity September-October 2016

milesfromu

The odds seem to be there is a charter or two in there somewhere and paperwork and new itineraries are not confirmed.

You can cancel now or wait it out. Which I agree would be frustrating. If you wait it out there maybe an inconvience obc for you.

Edited by hulamoon

Hi All,

My TA called Celebrity and for those 5 to 6 weeks the Infiniti is being chartered by a couple of large companies, and since they will completely fill the ship, more money for Celebrity. She asked what happens to the people already booked and Celebrity is working on that right now, possibly offers of new cruises or full refunds.

Candie

What problems? Noro or more?

...and greatly in need of not just ship refurbishing but replacement of a lot of items.

We had a 2 room cabin on the back with the very large balcony.

Lots of rust stains all over the balcony.

One of the couches was almost unusable to sit on it was so lumpy.

Lots of rust around the rest of the ship. Lots of windows in the public ares where the solar film was peeling off.

Covers on the elevator buttons missing inside and outside of the elevators.

We had a table for 10 in the main dining room at dinner. Almost every chair was stained on the chair back as well as the seat.

We actually had some towels with holes in them & at breakfast had a dish with not just a chip but an actual piece missing.

Etc......hard to remember everything. We have sailed on her twice before so to us, her age really showed.

Hi All,

My TA called Celebrity and for those 5 to 6 weeks the Infiniti is being chartered by a couple of large companies, and since they will completely fill the ship, more money for Celebrity. She asked what happens to the people already booked and Celebrity is working on that right now, possibly offers of new cruises or full refunds.

Candie

Get out the dancing shoes.👯

I would expect a full refund plus there are always other offers for cruises on Celebrity and other cruise lines.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Get out the dancing shoes.[emoji133]

I would expect a full refund plus there are always other offers for cruises on Celebrity and other cruise lines.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

Just talked with James in corporate. He said that they still have not received anything that indicates the ship has been chartered by corporations.

We have 5 cruises booked with Celebrity and if they think they can just cancel the Sep 11 and Sep 18th cruises with a "tough luck" statement, we will have the reconsider those as well as the Royal cruises we have booked.

Seems diff stories...you'd think TAs would be given good info so they can advise their clients...and Celeb Official could chime in here...Revenue Dept, Concierge desk, corporate....who really knows?

glad to hear ship will be refurbished before the cruise we moved to (Infinity, 10/27/16)...but wonder if they'll give that to the charters as well.....and that all will be settled by the time folks have to book pre cruise air and hotel.

If we lose this one...we won,t replace it..it has already been .too much of a hassle for an older ship in shoulder season at non-bargain fares!.

If you mean a full refund of the deposit, that is a given. But that still does not begin to cover the fact that we have made plans for it, researched, etc. Plus all other fall 2016 cruises have gone up in price considerably. So to switch to one of those would be costly at this point.

Celebrity is facing many, disappointed, angry, loyal cruisers who may definitely go elsewhere. No they dont care. It it always the bottom line.

Hi All,

Candie

I also believe in the tooth fairy and Santa !:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't post this to upset all of you, I was trying to help. There are many people upset with Celebrity, not just the Infiniti bookings. I told you this is what my TA found out but she told me to take it with a grain of salt.

Candie

I didn't post this to upset all of you, I was trying to help. There are many people upset with Celebrity, not just the Infiniti bookings. I told you this is what my TA found out but she told me to take it with a grain of salt.

Candie

I do not believe anything until Celebrity Corp advises what has happened.

My TA was told that Revenue Dept was working on my cruise and it should have been back on the Celebrity Website last week. (Not)

Your TA is correct in advising "Take Info with a grain of salt"

I've been waiting to hear about my cruise on 3/14/2016 on the Connie-it's disappeared from the sites. It's actually been gone 3 months now. Supposedly it's "sold out." Everything is still showing up in my celebrity though.

I wouldn't hold your breathe for answers. I haven't gotten anywhere in 3 months with my TA, Celebrity or other contacts.

There is a company charting music cruises on constellation.

Cruise critic blocks the address but try soul train cruises to see the charter for Connie in 2016. Perhaps more ships are being chartered by time life?? And vista....

We have tried to transfer our booking on Infinity but Celebrity refuse unless we pay £75.00 each!!

If the cruise is cancelled we have no intention of booking an alternative on Celebrity or any associated company.

I just don't understand how Celebrity can justify treating its customers in this way.

Does the CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo know how her management team are treating its customers and affecting Celebrity's reputation?

Why has the Celebrity representative that looks at these boards not commented and fed this all back?

Cruise critic blocks the address but try soul train cruises to see the charter for Connie in 2016. Perhaps more ships are being chartered by time life?? And vista....

Thanks for the heads up. WOW it is already 80% sold out. :cool:

Will you be on board?

Theme cruises might be the wave of the future for some of the sailings from North American ports.

Yes, I found that when I was looking for Equinox August 2016 cruises. They are still missing, but I'm expecting Atlantis or Pied Piper to be chartering during that period as their sailings for this August are already a 'sell-out'.

Thanks for the heads up. WOW it is already 80% sold out. :cool:

Will you be on board?

Theme cruises might be the wave of the future for some of the sailings from North American ports.

No we'll probably be on board Eclipse for the longer cruises even though we are unhappy with the port cancellation.

The ship is going to be chartered by SalesForce.com next year just like this year. There is a domino effect with this which is why so many itineraries are being effected. I don't know why it takes so long to get the contract signed; seems like bad business practice to upset so many cruise passengers like this. Celebrity really needs to do a better job communicating with their customers.

Hmmmm, interesting posts. We're booked on the Sept. 11th sailing but were already thinking about canceling, even before we read these posts. If it's a huge corporate reservation, I'd feel like I was crashing somebody's party and would definitely cancel.

I don't know, maybe it's me, but I really do miss the old days of booking your cruise. Now there are so many decisions to make while trying to make sense of pricing and all the switch-a-roo policies that it's becoming a hassle. Add to that cruise line companies' increasingly lack of customer service and it's sure to become even worse. Oh well.......