Elf

Shopping at Target yesterday I re-discovered ELF cosmetics. I bought 3 things - a lip exfoliant (very convenient - in a tube just like a lipstick), an SPF15 neutral lip balm, and a red (but not TOO red) lipstick. All for $3 each. :) I used them all today and really like them, Bringing them all on the cruise in 3 weeks.

I love ELF. I use the Studio line brushes. For $3, they have held up very well, rarely shed, and do exactly what I need them to do. The mascara primer is my absolute favorite product. It lengthens my lashes like no other product.

I'm always on the look-out for a decent gel liner, especially in green. Has anybody tried the e.l.f. gel liner?

I've been using the Sonia Kashuk Twist Up Longwear Liner, $8 at Target, but it doesn't really last all day. I actually have to carry Q-tips with me to smooth it out during the day. Plus it doesn't come in the dark green, which looks best on me.

Thanks!

I'm always on the look-out for a decent gel liner, especially in green. Has anybody tried the e.l.f. gel liner?

I've been using the Sonia Kashuk Twist Up Longwear Liner, $8 at Target, but it doesn't really last all day. I actually have to carry Q-tips with me to smooth it out during the day. Plus it doesn't come in the dark green, which looks best on me.

Thanks!

Yes! I use it in brown and it's just as good as the Mac brand imho I also like the liner brush! Go try it I also used the powder blush it was good but shade is limited[emoji1]

The Elf line has some real hits and misses. Check out some of the YouTube beauty bloggers for some of the cult favorites. The selection on the website is much better and there are plenty of deals for 40 to 50% off.

some of my favorites are the Kabuki brush, essential eye shadow brush and my latest find are the Studio Matte Lip Color

I like some Elf products, others not so much. I see the price has crept up to $6 for some items when everything used to be a $1. Still a good buy for basic makeup items. My DD loves their liquid eyeliner and told me I had to to try the Makeup Mist & Set she bought recently. She said it works well in keeping makeup in place throughout the day.

I like some Elf products, others not so much. I see the price has crept up to $6 for some items when everything used to be a $1. Still a good buy for basic makeup items. My DD loves their liquid eyeliner and told me I had to to try the Makeup Mist & Set she bought recently. She said it works well in keeping makeup in place throughout the day.

They have upped the game with the studio line items. The essentials line (white packaging) is still okay, but the quality of the studio line items (black packaging) is really very good.

I went to my local Target yesterday looking for the e.l.f. gel liner. They didn't have it at all. I checked online but they charge $4.95 shipping on the $3 item = $7.95. I decided it wasn't worth trying it out for that. Too bad.

I went to my local Target yesterday looking for the e.l.f. gel liner. They didn't have it at all. I checked online but they charge $4.95 shipping on the $3 item = $7.95. I decided it wasn't worth trying it out for that. Too bad.

Try Old Navy if you have a store near you. They sell elf by the checkout line.

Thanks!

Look for Jordana Cosmetics 12 Hour Made To Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil! I get mine at Walgreen's for about $3 each and they last all day and last much longer than all of the more expensive brands I have tried. They go on super smoothly (no tugging, not dry). They have a really pretty green called Jade Jewel. Also, if you don't use an eye makeup primer, that can help with longevity. I have used Urban Decay before but find that Wet n' Wild's primer works just as well and is far cheaper. I put a tiny dab on my little finger and apply it just under my lower lashes to keep my lower lid eyeliner from moving.

Look for Jordana Cosmetics 12 Hour Made To Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil!

How misleading. That is a pencil not a liquid. Not even a little liquid - why would they give that name? Ugh, marketing....:rolleyes:

I hate pencil liners. I've tried hard and soft, expensive & cheap and ugh, hate them all.

Love liquid eyeliners - my favorite is Almay and 2nd favorite is Palladio. I have some Ulta and I like the application (tiny brush - normally I don't like those and prefer a pen) but it can flake during the day and irritate my eye.

I started using Mabelline eyebrow pencil waaaay back when I was 12 years old and have been using pencil eyeliners ever since. I always smudge them so they don't look like a solid line. That's why I don't use liquid eyeliner.

You'll all be disgusted with this, but eyeliner is the ONLY makeup I wear. I stopped wearing eye shadow and mascara long ago, as well as any face makeup. I've never worn lipstick.

That's why finding the perfect eyeliner has been my almost-life long goal, lol. Aloette used to make the perfect jade green one that was waterproof and lasted all day. I miss it! Haven't been able to find anything like it since. I still have one left...I only use it for special occasions.

I'm looking forward to the day I retire (probably in 2 years) when I will never wear eyeliner again (well, except for special occasions). It's just so freeing. :D Plus, I'm almost 60 and the eyelids are sagging :mad:.

I started using Mabelline eyebrow pencil waaaay back when I was 12 years old and have been using pencil eyeliners ever since. I always smudge them so they don't look like a solid line. That's why I don't use liquid eyeliner.

You'll all be disgusted with this, but eyeliner is the ONLY makeup I wear. I stopped wearing eye shadow and mascara long ago, as well as any face makeup. I've never worn lipstick.

That's why finding the perfect eyeliner has been my almost-life long goal, lol. Aloette used to make the perfect jade green one that was waterproof and lasted all day. I miss it! Haven't been able to find anything like it since. I still have one left...I only use it for special occasions.

I'm looking forward to the day I retire (probably in 2 years) when I will never wear eyeliner again (well, except for special occasions). It's just so freeing. :D Plus, I'm almost 60 and the eyelids are sagging :mad:.

No reason for anyone to be disgusted that you only wear eyeliner....that's your choice and your life! I grew up with a mother who was a cosmetician so makeup has been a part of life for me. I had to chuckle that your lifelong goal has been eyeliner as for me it's got to be foundation [emoji3] I just stick to tinted moisturizer but I'm bound to try the new Dior spray after my daughter & her friend have rave reviews for it.

I like the elf gel liner a lot but I also use a soft pencil by Arden which is getting hard to find since being discontinued, eBay has been my go to source. I hope you find the gel liner... I think you'd like it

I hate pencil liners. I've tried hard and soft, expensive & cheap and ugh, hate them all.

Love liquid eyeliners - my favorite is Almay and 2nd favorite is Palladio. I have some Ulta and I like the application (tiny brush - normally I don't like those and prefer a pen) but it can flake during the day and irritate my eye.

Funny, I pretty much hate all liquid liners I've ever tried. Good thing we all have options.

have never used a liquid liner - and can only imagine how 'scary' I would look if I tried LOL :D:D

I swear by the Urban Decay eye pencils/liners - fabulous product - and lots of different shades - a bit pricey but well worth the $$

Funny, I pretty much hate all liquid liners I've ever tried. Good thing we all have options.

I wasn't knocking eye pencils in general or people who use them-obviously it's great we have many options - I was particularly upset that a product called itself a liquid pencil when there was nothing "liquid" involved - I got excited to try a new product but it turns out I won't be.

I swear by the Urban Decay eye pencils/liners - fabulous product - and lots of different shades - a bit pricey but well worth the $$

Agreed on the Urban Decay. I have plenty but usually get any sets they have at Ulta for Christmas.

I also recently tried the Mally pencils, and they are nice.