The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Western Caribbean on the Oasis of the Seas, May 9 – 1

Well, you know Steve, Hawaiian shirts all the way!

I enjoyed both shows a lot. But, I think that Come Fly wth Me has an edge over Blue Planet. JMHO. It was the timing and the special effects that were so marvelous. Of course, that can vary with the cast that is performing at any given time, also.

I saw enough in your review to make me feel comfortable I want to see Fly with me and make up my own mine, not that I have to like one over the other. Now what about the Aquatheater show. Same stunts, just different themes? Anything to differentiate the two shows?

Edited by BillOh

I saw enough in your review to make me feel comfortable I want to see Fly with me and make up my own mine, not that I have to like one over the other. Now what about the Aquatheater show. Same stunts, just different themes? Anything to differentiate the two shows?

To be quite honest, I didn't see a huge difference. I did enjoy the practices as much, if not more than the show.

The problem with watchng it from the balcony is that I kept getting distracted. Talking to Lisa and Steve and my Steve, going back into the cabin for something, etc. I never did watch it from start to finish uniterrupted, but I did watch parts of it several times!

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Thanks again for the fantastic review Ginny.

We love the Oasis class and everything those ships have to offer. We enjoy Nachi Cocum as well whenever we are in Cozumel.

Great job. Looking forward to your next review.

Thanks again for the fantastic review Ginny.

We love the Oasis class and everything those ships have to offer. We enjoy Nachi Cocum as well whenever we are in Cozumel.

Great job. Looking forward to your next review.

Thank you! I would return to Nachi Cocom in a heartbeat.:cool:

How did you book your cabana place in Haiti? Thank you

We booked through the RC excursons online more than a year in advance. However, it looks as if the cabanas are no longer available for reserving online pror to the cruise anymore. To rexerve a cabana now you will have to go straght to the Excurson Desk after boarding. If you are in a suite the Suite Concierge will reserveone for you on Barefooot Beach pror to your cruise if you e-mail him.

Excellent review, Ginny! While I still have quite a while before it is our turn on Oasis, I have been very busy taking notes so I will be able to go over them again them when our turn to sail does arrive.

I really appreciate all the time you've taken to do this review and all the photos you've shared. I will definitely be reading your previous reviews, and will be looking for your Panama Canal review as well since that is one of the cruises I'm looking to get booked.

Maybe if I'm really lucky we will get to meet you some day. Hopefully on a cruise ship sailing to some beautiful beaches somewhere in the Caribbean. :D

Excellent review, Ginny! While I still have quite a while before it is our turn on Oasis, I have been very busy taking notes so I will be able to go over them again them when our turn to sail does arrive.

I really appreciate all the time you've taken to do this review and all the photos you've shared. I will definitely be reading your previous reviews, and will be looking for your Panama Canal review as well since that is one of the cruises I'm looking to get booked.

Maybe if I'm really lucky we will get to meet you some day. Hopefully on a cruise ship sailing to some beautiful beaches somewhere in the Caribbean. :D

Thank you so much for the nice comments.

Now I have to get busy on my Picaboo Photo Book!

Hey Ginny and all the other AZ friends!

First of all...thanks so much for the Calabaza recommendation. We spent the day with Gina on May 14th and it was absolutely wonderful! She sends her greetings :p

Thanks for this review! I was waiting for it because I know how much time you put into them and how thorough you are.

Jim and I am looking at a winter 2017 cruise on the Harmony. Right now we have "pick of the litter" on the cabins since we are flexible on dates. We had already planned on an end cabin on the boardwalk so your review helped confirm that this is what we want. My question...what would be your first choice of deck? I want to be able to watch the shows and get a glimpse of the big screen, but don't necessarily want too much noise from down below when my door is closed.

P. S. so glad you enjoyed Nachi Cocum! We have been there several times and haven't had a bad experience yet!

Edited by beachluver9

Loved reading your review, Ginny! We were on the same cruise with you and your review created pleasant flashbacks. In fact, we also had one of the over the water cabanas and I can see my husband in one of your pictures.

Thank you for taking the time to post!

Deb

Hey Ginny and all the other AZ friends!

First of all...thanks so much for the Calabaza recommendation. We spent the day with Gina on May 14th and it was absolutely wonderful! She sends her greetings [emoji14]

Thanks for this review! I was waiting for it because I know how much time you put into them and how thorough you are.

Jim and I am looking at a winter 2017 cruise on the Harmony. Right now we have "pick of the litter" on the cabins since we are flexible on dates. We had already planned on an end cabin on the boardwalk so your review helped confirm that this is what we want. My question...what would be your first choice of deck? I want to be able to watch the shows and get a glimpse of the big screen, but don't necessarily want too much noise from down below when my door is closed.

P. S. so glad you enjoyed Nachi Cocum! We have been there several times and haven't had a bad experience yet!

Hi!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I am also glad you enjoyed Calabaza (Barbados. See my Jewel review 2014). The only problem is that we are now spoiled for catamaran & snorkeling excursions!

Loved reading your review, Ginny! We were on the same cruise with you and your review created pleasant flashbacks. In fact, we also had one of the over the water cabanas and I can see my husband in one of your pictures.

Thank you for taking the time to post!

Deb

Thank you. The Oasis has so many options that we could have been on the same cruise and have had totally different experiences. But weren't those cabanas wonderful?

• 3 months later...
Wonderful reviews! I have read them all and I would love to hear all about your panama canal trip. Your pictures are great and love hearing all about your adventures with all the az cruisers!

Thank you so much. I enjoy sharing our experiences. I can't wait for our Panama Canal cruise, but don't want to write the review because that means it will be over!

• 6 months later...
We were directed to the Diamond waiting area. I was going to take pictures of the waiting area, but almost as soon as we were seated boarding began and we were onboard before noon.

We knew from our past experience that we did not want to eat at Park Cafe or the Windjammer on boarding day. We ate at Park Cafe on the Allure on boarding day and it was a madhouse.

Hmm, I'm re-reading your review for obvious reasons. What did you mean by pre-cruise drama ;)

In two past Allure cruises we were platinum and Emerald and went to the Dog Haus for lunch knowing the two other choices Park and Windjammer would be busy. We were re-thinking now that we are diamond we would be boarding a little earlier and wondering if we could get to the Park before the line goes out the door. Not being desert rats, and being May, we won't mind being out in the sun.

We were there in May and it was just plain hot in the courtyard with no sea breeze. I actually enjoyed going to Sabor on the Boardwalk last year on the Oasis more. We had a nice quiet lunch with Norine and Gene. Small upcharge, but totally worth it. There was hardly anyone there. I am thinking of doing the same thing for our Harmony TA this October.

We were there in May and it was just plain hot in the courtyard with no sea breeze. I actually enjoyed going to Sabor on the Boardwalk last year on the Oasis more. We had a nice quiet lunch with Norine and Gene. Small upcharge, but totally worth it. There was hardly anyone there. I am thinking of doing the same thing for our Harmony TA this October.

We may head to Park Cafe and have that or the Dog Haus as a back up plan. Less than 3 weeks! On Allure last time we hit the Park Cafe with no crowds right before Muster.

Edited by BillOh

• 2 months later...

Ginny,

Just finished your Jewel B2B, didn't know if u still look at the thread, so I try to post on a newer one (which, of course, I'll read also, even though I've already "done" its "sister" Allure).

Wanted to thank you for the informative and entertaining review. I was riveted. You have a way with words :). The time you invested in it is much appreciated.

I've taken notes, sadly we r doing only week, but plan to arrive 4 days before the cruise, to adjust to the jet leg and factoring bad weather flying through New York from Tel Aviv.

Our first cruise ever at the ripe age of 60 was with Jewel, and we have very fond memories of it.

Thanks again, happy cruising :)

• 9 months later...