No wow

dhill

WE returned in May from An eleven day Hawaiin cruise on the Soltice,WE had a great time who wouldn't . But we were not impressed with the Soltice there is no wow factor on this ship.WE read how beautiful she was we agree but no wow factor. The buffet food was good but a lot of the stations had the same foods. and they would close down a lot of the drink stations so you had to walk a long ways to get something to drink,The hours in the buffet were kind of odd.The main dinning room was good no wow factor.We did eat at Silks one night that was really good Another thing we did not like was the wine dispensers in stead of being able to put your ship card in and sampling the wine they made you buy a fifty dollar card we were just walking buy and wanted a sample not fifty dollars worth.All in all we had a blast And Vancouver B.C was great.Will we sail with Celeberty again we could but we really like the Princess Ships a lot better

Yes we had a wonderful time hated to go back to work:( We would not give the Soltice a bad review she was a nice ship and all may be we were expecting a little more This was our first time sailing with Celeberty I think we were expecting a little more then what we got.:)

Glad you liked Hawaii & had a good time, it certainly is beautiful.

Different things WOW different people. Since you did use "WOW", I'm thinking you are used to Royal Caribbean, since that's their mantra. What did you expect to WOW you; flow riders, water park, rock climbing? You won't find any of those on any Celebrity ship. That's what makes cruising so great; there is something for everyone's taste.

The Solstice was the first ship that we sailed on with Celebrity after over 30 cruises on various lines.

The WOW factor for us was as soon as we boarded and were given that glass of bubbly and then walked into the Atrium.

It then continued when we walked onto the pool deck and seen how elegant everything looked with the sheer curtains, hammocks and etc and also the Solarium, then onto the grass area.

It didn't stop there as were were in an AQ cabin and was really impressed what the cabin, and bottle of bubbly there plus the shower panel and all of the other little things that were included in the AQ class.

It then got better when we went to dinner and walked into Blu.

Then the Martini Bar, Coffee Cafe, Sunset bar and on and on.

That was about 5 years ago and up to that time the S class was for us the nicest of any ships that we had been on. Don't know how they compare to the new floating amusement parks but those features that they offer don't interest me.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

WOW for us is being able to cruise! We can make any cruise a WOW just by NOT BEING AT WORK! Maybe this line isn't for you, and I have no idea because this will be our first X cruise as well but I suggest maybe trying one more time. Compare & decide but it sounds like Princess is your "cruise home ship". At least you tried. Deb

For us the WOW is the Celebrity art collections. Others just walk right past on their way to be WOWed by something else. We linger and go back again and again to visit our favorites.

OP, I hope your next cruise has your WOW factor.

While we enjoyed our cruise on Caribbean Princess, the only WOW factor we had was..."wow, we can't get there from here" with all the dead-ends on specific decks and "wow...this may be the ugliest main theatre I have ever seen on a ship".

Hi Dhill,

You went to all the wrong places to look for a Wow factor!

Dining wise you only went to one of the three speciality restaurants, Silk Harvest which you enjoyed but in my opinion it is the one with the least Wow! The service in Murano's always engages me and makes me feel it is a special event and the pleasure of sailing away from a port looking out from Tuscan Grill, amazing every time!

I really do not like Martini! Trust me I have tried, but you cannot go past the bar without tracing your initials in the bar and smiling at the antics of the bar staff.

Walking on the lawn, taking your sandals off and feeling the grass when you are miles from land.....strolling over to watch the hot glass show....

Meeting all those staff from every corner of the world who give so freely those genuine smiles.

Although I have now done several cruises, many with celebrity, the Wow does not diminish.

While we enjoyed our cruise on Caribbean Princess, the only WOW factor we had was..."wow, we can't get there from here" with all the dead-ends on specific decks and "wow...this may be the ugliest main theatre I have ever seen on a ship".

I agree completely!! Never seen so many dead ends and such ugly, mismatched decor on any ship. This was on Sapphire. Definitely no 'wow' whatsoever for us.

Hi Dhill,

You went to all the wrong places to look for a Wow factor!

Dining wise you only went to one of the three speciality restaurants, Silk Harvest which you enjoyed but in my opinion it is the one with the least Wow! The service in Murano's always engages me and makes me feel it is a special event and the pleasure of sailing away from a port looking out from Tuscan Grill, amazing every time!

I really do not like Martini! Trust me I have tried, but you cannot go past the bar without tracing your initials in the bar and smiling at the antics of the bar staff.

Walking on the lawn, taking your sandals off and feeling the grass when you are miles from land.....strolling over to watch the hot glass show....

Meeting all those staff from every corner of the world who give so freely those genuine smiles.

Although I have now done several cruises, many with celebrity, the Wow does not diminish.

Where is that 'like' button Mr /Mrs Cruise Critic ?? [emoji15]

Edited by gcgold

WOW for us is being able to cruise! We can make any cruise a WOW just by NOT BEING AT WORK! Maybe this line isn't for you, and I have no idea because this will be our first X cruise as well but I suggest maybe trying one more time. Compare & decide but it sounds like Princess is your "cruise home ship". At least you tried. Deb

True, not being at work for 14 days is always a wow factor for us. We did 6 Cunard cruises & loved them. We still were wowed aboard the Eclipse with the staff lined up & greeting you upon arrival, next you got the bubbly & started your relaxation.

True, not being at work for 14 days is always a wow factor for us. We did 6 Cunard cruises & loved them. We still were wowed aboard the Eclipse with the staff lined up & greeting you upon arrival, next you got the bubbly & started your relaxation.

lined up and greeting you ???only happens to a queen in the UK

ooops bit of a typo should read "the queen".

much apologies .

If you met my partner....That being said yes, for both trips on the Celebrity Eclipse,guests were greeted by the staff lined up as you entered the main foyer of the ship. These were 14 day trips, so perhaps they do it for that reason.

Edited by keithm
Additions