The farthest out you booked

Booked a 15 transatlantic using a BOGO and 5 additional free cruise credits. Cost was just under $5k for (2) in a balcony with MTD. Price for same cruise today is well over $8k. It was an excellent choice.

The sooner you book the better. Watch for price drops and call the RCI TP and ask for lower price. They have never denied me the lower rate

I booked Anthem for February 2017 about two weeks ago. Repriced yesterday and saved about $500.

Booked B2B on Serenade for April 2017 this past April. Just had it repriced and saved $800

Just booked Brilliance for December 2016 with the 30 for 30 balcony deal. Mostly wanted to hedge our bets to ensure we got the cabin I wanted and to protect against price increases. I looked at price history for holiday 2015 RCI cruises as a gauge, and boy have those fares increased! :eek:

If plans change between now and mid-2016 we can always cancel, but we can't roll back the prices in case they soar, soar, soar.

Our very first cruise we booked 20 months in advance. We were three friends coming from all corners of the country and wanted time to plan and pay. Never thought I'd book further out than that. When X's last set of itineraries came out we booked one 26 months out. Seems crazy but this time it involves flights to Europe.

The shortest amount of time I've ever booked ahead is 2.5 weeks. Both ends of the spectrum.

We currently have eight booked. The farthest out is 659 days (March 2017 on Oasis). Prior to the perpetual BOGO sale, we found price drops (sometimes multiple drops) on about half of our cruises. Now that RCL has executed its price migration strategy (which, IMO, was dastardly brilliant on their part), I doubt we'll see any drops on anything we currently have booked. Everything we've booked since the original BOGO sale went into effect last May has gone up in price, and now that they've established a new baseline on price, I don't see prices going back down to pre-BOGO levels again.