The farthest out you booked

I'm also looking to book a April 2017 trip, but can't bring myself to put down $1000 deposit for a trip that's nearly 2 years out. I'd book in a heartbeat if they offered 50% off deposits for 2017 cruises along with the bogoho or current deal

We booked the Celebrity Equinox in Dec 2014 for a February 2017 cruise. It includes a 2 night stay in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. It has almost sold out and has gone way up in price. Our Concierge cabin was less than what an inside is now selling. [and they are sold out] We got the free drinks, free grats and $300 OBC. Too good to pass up.

I thought I was booking way far in advance for our Jan 2017 Oasis cruise, guess not. :D

I do wish they would open up Alaska for 2017 - I really want to get that booked. I'm having more trouble finding a short cruise to get my DS up to Diamond before the 2017 cruise.

Booked last week for September 2016 Vancouver, B.C. to Hawaii to Sydney the first day it opened. In the past, I have found that after the first few days, the price has continually gone up and up and up. I always try and book the first day because that seems to be the lowest price.

We booked a cruise on Harmony for February 2017, 627 days prior to sailing....never thought we would book a cruise that far out, but the price was incredible and could not imagine it being that low again.

I just booked the Harmony for December 2016 for the same reasons. Never booked thus far out before (550 days).

The earlier you book the better the rate.

and in my 25 cruises only two every came down in price.

We are booked On Freedom for April 2016 for a few months now

and glad I booked when we did because our booking came with cabin credit

today there is no cabin credit and almost 450 more then what we paid

I booked Feb 2016 in May 2014 during a BOGO deal for the second passenger. When I booked, I had a great selection in staterooms...I have continued to watch the prices and the sale prices and nothing was ever better than the deal I got. In fact, I watched as prices would literally go up at the same time that the sales would be offered.

Now there are only 2 staterooms left in my category so I really doubt that there will be any more price drops.

My parents have been cruising for several years. Mom always books at the earliest opportunity possible for booking and later pricing has never beat that original deal.

I booked in March 2014 for my Alaska cruisetour next month. I then got the attractive BOGOHO price drop on May 1st. There's virtually nothing left in my cabin category any more and it's now over $4000 more for the cruisetour. I think the pricing is such that I'm now getting the land tour part for free.:)

Edited by emeraldcity

I'm so ready to book my 40th birthday cruise for June 2017. Just waiting patiently when cruises are released. We would be takings the kids for their first cruise. Looking for eastern itinerary so we can stop at st. Marteen.

We booked in March 1014 for our April 2016 Serenade cruise. That's the farthest out we have booked.

Price has only gone up. I take that back. We were able to take advantage of BOGHO sale when it first was introduced and that saved us some money.

Roughly the same here. We've booked cruises 18+ months in advance and found that the prices usually went up from there, except when the original BOGOHO sale came around and offered us some very attractive price drops.

The most egregious price increase has been for our March 13, 2016, cruise on Freedom of the Seas. We booked it on May 1, 2014, (when the first BOGOHO sale started) and got it for $504.50/person for a Promenade cabin. Then, on July 17, 2014, we found some Crown & Anchor discounts that were available, so we repriced the booking down to $485.50/person.

If we were to book the same category cabin today, with the "30 for 30" sale, our price would be $1378/person, a 184% increase!

Booked Quantum on opening day 2013 for March 2015 sailing, almost two years forward - price rose almost 50%

Booked four X sailings last Nov. to take advantage of 123 all incusive pkg. Prices for the two relatively unique sailings rose over 50% and now show as sold out. They are the Infinity Sept 2015 SF-FLL Panama Canal run and the Equinox Feb 2017 Mardi Gras sailing.

Book early - book often. If prices drop, just cancel and rebook.

Edited by Baron Barracuda

Furthest out? 5 months.... Terrible planners :rolleyes: My first was booked in August, sailed in Jan. Second was booked in maybe Feb. and sailed in June, third was booked end of March for cruising mid-July, and the one I leave for on Friday was booked on Apr. 20, 6 weeks out. Planning one for next summer, so we'll probably book 6 months out :D

We have 11 booked between October of this year and November of 2017 (that one on Azamara), so longest is close to 3 years.

And as far as pricing, there is not a single one of those 11 that I would book today, considering the price jumps.