The farthest out you booked

Was looking at sailings for April 2017 and was Just wondering how long out is the farthest you booked a cruise and did the price usually go up or down before final payment. I've never booked more than 9 months out.

We've booked 2 years out before, and the price never went below our initial purchase price. There are so many factors, such as itinerary, ship, stateroom type, time of year, etc.

We booked Quantum on the day bookings opened for a cruise that was 18 months in the future. WE were on a cruise at the time, and were given an offer that was better than what the website was offering, so we jumped on it. The price never went down.

We booked the Serenade for March 2016 exactly 2 years prior. More because we wanted cabin #1100 than the price, although the price is up considerably since then, probably 40% - 50% or so.

mac_tlc

We've booked 16-18 months out the last few years and have only seen prices increase. For our October 2015 cruise (booked March 2014) we called a few weeks ago to see about changing cabin class and the agent said "Wow, you got a killer price. Don't change a thing!"

Edited by 1ParticularHbr

We booked in March 1014 for our April 2016 Serenade cruise. That's the farthest out we have booked.

Price has only gone up. I take that back. We were able to take advantage of BOGHO sale when it first was introduced and that saved us some money.

Edited by luvscruising2007

I booked my August 2015 Alaska cruise the day it opened in March 2014. I wanted to get a specific room so I booked right away. I was able to get the price reduction when they ran a sale (buy one get 2nd 50% off). Since then, the price just keeps going up.

I always book my cruises well over a year out. However, I'm retired, I sail as a single and for itinerary.

My Med/TA B2B for this October, I booked in March, 2014. I received a very good price reduction (over a thousand dollars) several months after I booked. I book with a travel agent, same one for years, part of a major agency and I never have to ask for price drops, they email me.

Nearly two years for our South America cruise on Celebrity. We were wondering if Royal was going to sail there in 2017 but they aren't. Now all the concierge cabins are already booked except C3's.

We booked a cruise on Harmony for February 2017, 627 days prior to sailing....never thought we would book a cruise that far out, but the price was incredible and could not imagine it being that low again.

The real interest in the ship for me is the waterslide. We have sailed on Allure, and enjoyed it, but the size is not my favorite, but the waterslide is what I am looking forward to. I believe the ideal size ship is either Freedom or Voyager classes.