QM2 Back to Back, separate bookings

Koukla-mou

I've just booked my first Transatlantic B2B via a TA. The booking has come back as 2 separate sailings with different Cabins on each leg. This was advertised as a back to back with a Guarantee Cabin.

Is this usual to have the separate voyage numbers?

What is the procedure at New York? (we plan to do a ship's excursion if there is one)

We are happy with our cabin allocation but what are the chances of getting the same cabin for both legs?

Thanks for any advice.

I've just booked my first Transatlantic B2B via a TA. The booking has come back as 2 separate sailings with different Cabins on each leg. This was advertised as a back to back with a Guarantee Cabin.

Is this usual to have the separate voyage numbers?

What is the procedure at New York? (we plan to do a ship's excursion if there is one)

We are happy with our cabin allocation but what are the chances of getting the same cabin for both legs?

Thanks for any advice.

Yes a b2b is always classed as two cruises. Your room steward will carry your things to the new cabin but it is a bit of a pain to have to move.p

Tell your TA that you are not happy with the cabin move. One of the reasons we book direct with Cunard is because any problems like this are at second hand through a TA.

And of course your cabin may have been allocated to someone Les already.

Best of luck.

David.

Edited by balf

I have a current B2B booking for QM2 and it is a single voyage number and single reference number for accessing voyage personaliser. I have the same cabin throughout.

As stated the changeover is painless if a little inconvenient, they will write to you towards the end of the first leg with arrangements for the swap over. The receiving steward prioritises cleaning of the new cabin then the move takes place. You need to collect a new card before leaving the ship from the purser then can go ashore using your old card and check back in using your new one.

M-AR

I have done a back to back TA which was also classed as one booking with one reference number. Everything was treated as one booking, except I got two lots of internet free! Happy days!

Same here and also had the same room number but I didn't realise about two lots of internet.

Same here and also had the same room number but I didn't realise about two lots of internet.

The two lots of internet is a bonus on a b2b. whether is booked as two separate booking or one. It similar to what happens on each segment of a world cruise with Cunard.

B2B is usually classed as 1 Crossing unless booked as two crossings.

The advantage of the OP is that the b2b will count twice towards gaining extra CWC membership. If the booking shows as two crossings.

If you have to move stateroom then it is all done for you all you have to do is take your safe contents and any personal items you do not want the stewards to touch.

enjoy.

Edited by Pennbank

I'm glad this question has come up.

We have a B2B booked on QV in November and have actually got 2 separate cabins booked but we are quite lucky they are next door to each other so don't have far to go.

They do have separate cruise references so as we have Carnival shares will we get 2 OBC's.

Susan

A BTB can be booked as 2 separate trips or as one single round trip, you should be aware when you book it as each leg is priced individually and sometimes it is cheaper to take the separate option. You would have two separate references as well. I have done a BTB before and had to move cabins in NYC but it was painless, all you do is pack the washing gear and perhaps the contents of the drawers and the stewards move it all to the new cabin and rehang it. You will need to ensure that you collect your new cabin key on the morning of arrival in NYC from the Purser as they can't give it to you earlier as the cabin that you will be moving to will probably be occupied. I would get you TA to call Cunard to discuss the possibility of occupying the same cabin for each leg as it will save the little bit of hassle.

Edited by capnpugwash

The other advantage of two separate voyages is that they count as 2 towards your World Club level. If you plan on cruising more on Cunard the internet benefits of World Club are very good and save you money.

Yes, you will receive Shareholder benefit OBC for each of your voyage booking numbers.

You will also receive additional CWC invitations to the cocktail receptions and some of the loyalty benefits for out and return.

Re Back to Backs; More often than not, when a voyage is booked as a 'Roundtrip Transatlantic', QM2 itinerary ( there are several 'Roundtrips' each year) then Cunard will usually try and accommodate you in the same stateroom for the return.

Your trips sounds as if it was sold to you as a back to back rather than the Cunard 'Roundtrip Transatlantic' ? However, don't worry too much about the change in stateroom it's not too much of a hassle , but it could delay your disembarkation and take up some of your time for your shopping or site seeing in NYC.

If the stateroom that you have been allocated to move into (after the last guest has vacated) has not yet been serviced , just agree to transfer your clothes into the wardrobes and leave your unpacking. Don't miss out on NYC. :)

Thanks for all your helpful answers. So pleased about the double internet time!

The cabin on the second leg is a better grade than the first one so we are happy to move.

Another question. As we have 2 bookings, there are no excursions showing on Voyage Personaliser for New York. Can I expect there to be excursions available onboard?

Just sharing my experience on a back to back; If you should purchase a spar pass for 4/5 days etc. Do make sure you use it up completely on the sector that you have purchased it on. The Canyon Ranch spar will not roll it over to the next sector on Transatlantic's, due to the separate voyage numbers . I came unstuck sometime ago :mad:....Well actually I didn't, but only after a bit of a battle ;)

Make sure that your separate reservations are "linked". I had 3 separate reservations last year and they were linked. Cunard picked up on that and I was able to stay in the same cabin for the whole trip. If you do have to move be sure to hang as much as you can in the closet. That all gets moved by the steward.

I have had to move several times on Cunard and other lines this year. Mostly because I have been booking after final payment date to get the best deals. Not really a big deal -- especially if getting the trip at a lower fare. Katherine

I'm glad this question has come up.

We have a B2B booked on QV in November and have actually got 2 separate cabins booked but we are quite lucky they are next door to each other so don't have far to go.

They do have separate cruise references so as we have Carnival shares will we get 2 OBC's.

Susan

We are on the same two, and had already thought about the OBC - though the three nighter doesn't give much.

We are in PG for the 3 nights and QG for the 14 nights so will definitely have to move, but we have done the same on the World Cruise. I hadn't realised there was more internet time on each leg of the World Cruises though.

Edited by cruiseluvva

I have done a back to back TA which was also classed as one booking with one reference number. Everything was treated as one booking, except I got two lots of internet free! Happy days!

Same here.

We booked with a travel agent (only one we have booked not directly with Cubard). All the paperwork said it was one cruise, i.e. cabin, reference numbers etc.

The only thing that changed were our waiters at the end of the first leg. The waiter actually said he was sorry about having to change and introduced the new waiters to us. I wasn't fussed but it was very nice of him to do that I thought.

Another question. As we have 2 bookings, there are no excursions showing on Voyage Personaliser for New York. Can I expect there to be excursions available onboard?

When we did B2B, as I recall, not all the excursions were shown on line. We booked the Manhattan transfer (takes you at about 8:00, picks you up about 1500). I think there was a form in out cabin which you filled in and just dropped it in a box next to the travel desk thingy and a day or so later the tickets arrived in our room. Simples.

The cabin on the second leg is a better grade than the first one so we are happy to move.

When I emailed Cunard about excursions, this is the reply I got:

I can confirm that the majority of the New York City tours are sold onboard due to it being dependant on the number of in transit guests travelling on that sector. In the important information for New York, we do advise the following

Guests not leaving or joining in New York - Due to the varying number of guests continuing their voyage and visiting New York as a port call, only one tour option, New York Highlights, will be available to pre-book. During your voyage, depending on final guest numbers and the demand, the tour office will offer one or two additional tours which can be booked directly on board. A general overview of the New York tour options are available on the Cunard website, however it is important to note that these are examples only and cannot be guaranteed to operate.

We're doing a B2B with cabin change; port going out and starboard coming back so hopefully get the sun both ways. We're doing it that way, rather than a RoundTrip, as it works out cheaper- just as the Capn said

Koukla- mou, another mou here! Maggiemou. Are you Cypriot by any chance? ;):)

I had a B2B experience earlier this year. I had to change cabins. The packing was done for me. I did my own personal stuff but the stewards and housekeeping did the rest. All clothes were lifted out of the closets on hangers and hung on a trolley and wheeled into my new cabin. it was all re hung and even my huge display of flowers were transported to their new home. No hassle and all done very swiftly without any issues. Go out and enjoy, and forget about it. You will think a fairy Godmother has been in when you return.

Yiasou, Koukla- mou.

Koukla- mou, another mou here! Maggiemou. Are you Cypriot by any chance? ;):)

I had a B2B experience earlier this year. I had to change cabins. The packing was done for me. I did my own personal stuff but the stewards and housekeeping did the rest. All clothes were lifted out of the closets on hangers and hung on a trolley and wheeled into my new cabin. it was all re hung and even my huge display of flowers were transported to their new home. No hassle and all done very swiftly without any issues. Go out and enjoy, and forget about it. You will think a fairy Godmother has been in when you return.

Yiasou, Koukla- mou.

Kalispera Maggiemou. Not Cypriot but live in Kerkyra. Thanks for your advice. It sounds like it won't be a problem. I'm pretty easygoing so will enjoy the cruise wherever I am.

I did contact my TA who quoted the cruise line as saying "both cabins are booked for the other leg and the only way of getting the same cabin would be to upgrade" Well I won't be doing that, but they can upgrade me if they wish.:rolleyes:

Edited by Koukla-mou

Just to clarify this, if I may, we are booked on the 3 night Queen Victoria cruise in November, followed by 14 nights to the Canaries. Booked separately, and in different cabins, different grades entirely in fact.

Will we REALLY get the full internet package - in our case 4hrs pp - for the 3 nighter? And like the TAs, will that carry over to the 14 night cruise or must we "use it or lose it?"

Just to clarify this, if I may, we are booked on the 3 night Queen Victoria cruise in November, followed by 14 nights to the Canaries. Booked separately, and in different cabins, different grades entirely in fact.

Will we REALLY get the full internet package - in our case 4hrs pp - for the 3 nighter? And like the TAs, will that carry over to the 14 night cruise or must we "use it or lose it?"

Well what should happen is that you get two internet packages and can only use one per booking, but it depends on how you speak to the internet man as to whether he will allow the 3 day balance to be carried over. He might or might not, some of them are nice but others are charmless nerks.