How to contact a member for chat, ie pop up chat or email

sparky876

Another member and myself would like to contact each other without displaying our emails publicly, how do we go about doing this?

I am not aware of a way to do this directly. If you need to contact the person without having everyone get your regular e-mail address then I suggest you get a "throw away" e-mail address like hotmail. That way you can post that address online, get the contact info of the person you want to contact, then ignore the throw away address until you use it again for online contact. It may accumulate spam, but you would not be reading it anyway.

No way to do it within Cruise Critic.

When giving an email on a site like this, I change the @ and the . to words. So I would have something like

blahblah at gmail dot com

This makes it difficult for automated efforts to find the address, but does not prevent others on here to pick it up

If you do like paul929207 said, I doubt that you would get any junk-mail.

Why would anyone want to send e-mails to someone on CC that they dosen´t know? I have my e-mail here on CC and I haven´t got any junk-mails at all.

I have a few email addresses that started life as throw-aways, simply because I was unsure if what i was joining was something that was likely to be a spam generator, in fact the email address am registered with CC was originally a throw-away.

I have another email address that I refer to as my dummy address. I have given that out and several times after I have communicated with someone I have asked them to switch over to "my real" address. I would never post that address on any boards.

I have the same username and avatar on Trip Advisor and it allows private messaging. That has worked well for me.

Me as well. I get a message once in a while asking for details or if I had any pictures of the rooms ive stayed in etc. its not hard to find me at all with my user name. I am not hiding from anyone