Very soon live from the Star on the way to north cape

GUEST080219

I just noticed that I have not done any update today so far. First the freestyle daily for today

a7fe7212fa85ca01f540f5d655018fa6.jpg

For Tromso today I had not booked any excursion. Instead I just the shuttle bus for $15 into the center and from there first via the bridge to the cable car station.

221d16af5416d9700d35943a0deb487a.jpg

4eb8ce375aade002717c7f0d49cb5178.jpg

e110ddff4b366ace7fec8acfd17807ce.jpg

d6da32fa3e4056aa25caf68f3eec4c2c.jpg

b639865c072ccf145e8ab5554d20b8af.jpg

Unfortunately it was starting to rain while I was underway so not the most comfortable walk.

I was on The Star last week and they never listed a MDR in the Dailies as being open for lunch, but Versailles was open all but one of the port days.

Thank you ExpatBride! And also for the inside scoop on the crepes! Can't wait!

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately when I arrived at the cable car station there just arrived a couple of tour buses so it took quite awhile to finally reach the top. Each car fits around 27 persons and needs 4 minutes for the way and two or three to let the guests off and new ones on. So with just two cars it takes a while.

That is a bit of the view from the top

19c755af53a6d086b46d5715ce7b8ac6.jpg

b928e6bfebd324a08e5d40cece3fe4e2.jpg

f42e25f849949810d9d0d65ad547d2d8.jpg

The nice thing is that behind the restaurant on top you can continue to walk a bit more up, go to where still snow lies or wherever you want to go.

Back over the bridge to Tromso pedestrian are but it started raining again

0f1828cc7d281c7bb464af58b9dca14c.jpg

13be2f33b2077a533b08e6cafa3829c2.jpg

After that with the shuttle bus quickly back to the Star

I figured he'd eventually tire out : -)

Absolutely. There are a couple of things why it happened. First the Internet connection gets quite spotty the further north you get. Another reason is that even the the itinerary is stunning the on board activities are really quite boring and the same everyday. So for most parts there is nothing interesting to write about. If there is some interest I will continue back at home where I am 10 times more efficient. And I can upload better pictures.

Makes perfect sense- ship internet can be challenging at the best of times! I'm amazed you were able to post as much as you did, considering where you are.

Your photos are already very good, so if you add more when you are home there will be lots of us enjoying them! Hope you find the next few ports interesting and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for your great review! Will be on this tour next year! Do you think spa pass makes sense? There you have an indoor pool or?

Greetings Melani

I personally love the spa. It is quiet, beautiful view of the wake, there are two hot pools as well as the lap pool. You also have a sauna and steam and a great shower!

In the men's wet area there are two plunges: hot and cold. Love them!

Thank you for your great review! Will be on this tour next year! Do you think spa pass makes sense? There you have an indoor pool or?

Greetings Melani

I have not been in the Spa on the Star or any other ship. If they have a relaxation are with a view I would suggest to do it. I felt we were very lucky with the weather so could enjoy the view from open decks but you never know how it will be on a different cruise. The truth is apart from the buffet there are not many indoor seating areas with a view left on this ship.

I bought a spa pass for 7 day Norway cruise on Star and with cool weather found it well worth the $139[i think] They did not sell day passes as all weekly passes were sold but never found it crowded[at least times I was in there]

the communal area has a small pool, jacuzzi and therapy pool but best of all about 8 padded loungers facing floor to ceiling windows at aft of ship-beautiful views to be enjoyed

the male/female areas have small sauna and steam room and of course showers

• 1 month later...