Most boring port ever??

Care to offer some suggestions?

I did tons of research and the best I could come up with was a day pass at the Grand Lucayan. Would have probably been a great day on a gorgeous beach but we got there and they said they were not selling day passes that day. They told this to people who had already pre-paid!! We still went on the beach which was absolutely gorgeous but that experience left a sour taste in our mouth. Not to mention the drive to the resort was absolutely hideous. The place looks entirely run down and unsafe. Every store or gas station we passed had bars all over their windows/doors and cops were everywhere (that should be a plus, I guess).

We were just at the Grand Lucayan earlier this year and it didn't look run down to us. Elaborate please...

My daughter works at WDW, so we intentionally chose a cruise with Port Canaveral, just so we could see her for a few hours.

Without her there? Probably not. I wouldn't dare do WDW without the entire day. I heard Cocoa Beach was fun and the NASA tour is supposed to be pretty amazing, but I still wouldn't normally choose a cruise to somewhere I can drive to. Heck, some people cruise to New England, apparently, and they leave from Boston. I don't get it, but somebody must be enjoying it.

We had a blast in both Freeport and Nassau, but we'd never been there before, so they were both new to us.

I wouldn't mind going back to either, but there are too many places to see to go on the same cruise again.

Cocoa Beach is a fun place. We always take a cab there when we're docked at PC.

The port for LA. There were no local buses and no transport except an expensive ship shuttle with long line-ups. We went back on the ship because there was absolutely nothing to do and nothing to walk to even.

Not so. There is a free shuttle into town and of course liquor store. Just what I need.

It's gotta be either port canavaral or Freeport

I was at both last year on the pride, we went on the only sailing we could do the entire year based on my sons camp and husbands work schedule

I mean what a snooze fest these ports were . I lived in Orlando for 30 years so no thanks to Disney. Too expensive too short a trip no thanks

They should just do away with these, do key west at least

What's everyone else think??

Port Canaveral and Nassau, with Key West coming in a close third.

Have not been to Freeport, but agree with those listing Naussau. While I can honestly say I've enjoyed each port I have visited, clearly some are calling me to return while others are not.

I'm kind of surprised at the Belize response. Have visited there twice and enjoyed both visits. On the first I visited Altun Ha and on the second did cave-tubing in the rain forest. The area immediately around the dock is sketchy, so if you love to just get of the ship and stroll/shop, it's not for you. I would say the same of Dominica, which may just be my FAVORITE port. If you enjoy the more "eco-tourism" ports, you will enjoy Belize and Dominica.

Edited by printingchick

Has to be Costa Maya. The cruise lines kind of made it up. There was very little there. Just a fishing village about mile or so from where they built the pier. There are couple of lesser known and mostly unexcavated pyramids. Other than that, most everything was built for, and only open when, cruise ships are in port. Diamonds International anyone?

Edited by CruisinHarvey
I can't spell