Santorini, the boats to Oia are running.

cinnamon

We were in Santorini yesterday on Rhapsody OTS and the boats to Oia were running, just as they had been in 2012.

I have written about it on my blog 'Not Quite Live from Rhapsody 12th June' on the main RCCL BOARD.

Are these boats simple water taxis or is there a schedule posted online? Does anyone know how late they run from Oia back to Fira? We are hoping to end our day in Oia and then go back to Fira to catch our tender. This could be a nice way to avoid the tram.

Are these boats simple water taxis or is there a schedule posted online? Does anyone know how late they run from Oia back to Fira? We are hoping to end our day in Oia and then go back to Fira to catch our tender. This could be a nice way to avoid the tram.

Last I heard, the boat company provided a bus that took you back to Fira and everyone took the cable car/mules/walk down from there. Someone reported that there was about an hour and a half in Oia before the bus left, although I'm not sure if there were buses before and after that time. I assume the buses run on a schedule of sorts.

Cinnamon, thanks for reporting on the boat. Glad to hear it's back.

We were told that if there are many ships in port with thousands of tourists on them ,these boats couldn't carry all the passengers to Oia.The port police gives advice on how many passengers they should carry daily.I didn't tell you the police was there dear cinammon!Maybe the ship crew told us this in order to buy their shore excursion.I believe I have to inform in case it exists such a thing!

Edited by fabrome

By the way, if anyone's interested in finding out how many ships and cruisers will be anchored on a given day, I found this:

http://www.santorini-boatmenunion.com/images/cruiseship.pdf

Unfortunately, it only lists a month at a time, but at least it's probably more accurate than the schedules in the "Ports" section of cruisett.com, as cruise schedules seem to change a bit from the time.

Angie, they gave me a leaflet with that website address. boatmensunionsantorini.

You could check there but when we went the return buses were stopping at 13.00.

Or try emailing

boatmen@otenet.gr

The office staff on the dock spoke good English.

Edited by cinnamon

By the way, if anyone's interested in finding out how many ships and cruisers will be anchored on a given day, I found this:

http://www.santorini-boatmenunion.com/images/cruiseship.pdf

Unfortunately, it only lists a month at a time, but at least it's probably more accurate than the schedules in the "Ports" section of cruisett.com, as cruise schedules seem to change a bit from the time.

The July schedule is up. It is very helpful. Im going to have

Hi all...

Travelling to Santorini first week in Aug. Splendour OTS. Coming in with my 10yr old daughter...so I don't want to make a mistake. Is this boat close to the ships tender dock so we can walk over for the tender to Oia? Can anyone tell me what marker to look for. Just a little nervous with my little girl and would rather not wait for cable car. We would plan to take the local bus back to Fira because we want to spend most of the day in Oia. Been before but want to show my daughter the beauty of the place!

Thanks! Lisa

Hi all...

Travelling to Santorini first week in Aug. Splendour OTS. Coming in with my 10yr old daughter...so I don't want to make a mistake. Is this boat close to the ships tender dock so we can walk over for the tender to Oia? Can anyone tell me what marker to look for. Just a little nervous with my little girl and would rather not wait for cable car. We would plan to take the local bus back to Fira because we want to spend most of the day in Oia. Been before but want to show my daughter the beauty of the place!

Thanks! Lisa

I was there June 24th. The store that sells tickets for the boat to Oia is right there when you get off the tender. The fare is €20 per person and includes a shuttle when you get off the boat, up the road from Amoudi Bay into Oia.

It also includes the bus trip back to Fira, which departs Oia every hour.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk