Breakaway Cirque Dreams show

vnova91

It is a great show. The food isn't very good, so you may want to plan on dining after it. I did it back when the UDP allowed you to see it for free on the first night, but that's not offered anymore.

It's difficult to know if your children will enjoy it. I suggest finding some videos of that show or similar Cirque shows on YouTube and gauge their reaction. It's surprising what kids will find interesting/boring. My son fell asleep during it, which blows my mind since there's so much going on.

BTW, most people assume the best seats are in the front. I don't blame them since you'd assume the closer to the action the better. I was in the seats in the back and I liked it better since I was able to see everything going on and didn't have to strain my neck to see anything. There's performers all over the place, not just on stage.

EDIT: https://www.google.com/search?q=Cirque+Dreams+Jungle+Fantasy+menu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Cirque+Dreams+Jungle+Fantasy&tbm=vid

Edited by Sizzlechest

It is a great show. The food isn't very good, so you may want to plan on dining after it. I did it back when the UDP allowed you to see it for free on the first night, but that's not offered anymore.

Do they still offer a discount if you attend the first night or did they stop that too?

I am confused about seating for Cirque on Breakaway.... I booked the only seating offered which was standard. I called NCL to inquire. I was told that standard is 47ish dollars now and premium is 95ish dollars. She said there is balcony seating and that is the premium seating. She also said we are in a booth with standard. Then she said to come early for best seats. How bad are the booth seats and are all standard seats booth seats? Is it worth it to try to upgrade to premium once on the ship (there are no premium seats left for prebooking)? Thanks for any clarification and insight for good seats.

Our daughter (she was 7 when we last cruised) LOVED the show. And she loved the main course and dessert. We loved the appetizer and main, the dessert not so much.

As far as seating, you do not get assigned a seat until you get there, unless you buy the Premium Seating. But it's not a balcony, it's a small elevated area with maybe 2 tables. When we arrived at the show there were quite a few people ahead of us in line but we still got seated right in front of the stage. Maybe they put children of certain ages close to the stage? I don't know for sure but the performers really enjoyed having our daughter up close.

These are the Premium Seats. The picture was taken from our non-premium front row seats by the stage.

20141005_200217_zps68217344.jpg

We loved the cirque show. We went the first night and received a discount. We tried to book as soon as we got on the ship but they said that they were selling but that we could show up and try and get seats and we did. We all enjoyed the food as well.

Hi

Is this show actually worth the extra $39 per person plus tax and tip???

Have 4 boys with us 6,10,11,13

Should we just save the money

you get a 25% discount if you see it on the 1st day (sun).

I booked it for Sun thru ncl.com at full price ($40) and was auto-refunded 25% on my credit card after the cruise was over.

I didn't think it was worth $40.

too many acrobat acts. could have done 1 less.

and they don't stop performing when they serve you dinner.

for $30, it was ok.

but if you haven't seen any of those Cirque du Soleil shows, then $30 aint bad.

Edited by fstuff1

I was the opposite of most people. I liked the food a lot not so much the show. I think kids would like it much more. I left before desert.

I am going on the Breakaway this coming December, and i am thinking of booking the Cirque show....would you happen to know the current prices for the show....and is there a big difference between the standard and the premimum seats? I read on this thread that the tickets for premimum seats are $95....is this true....how much are the standard seats....read that they are in booths...how many people to a booth? I have the UDP....so if i were to book, would i get the 25% discount? do you see the discount on the ticket right away.... as i am opening up a cash account with ncl..

We liked the Cirque show and meal but it's not worth the $39 p/p we paid. Long rectangular tables were set perpendicular to the stage and if you're not at the front, you're looking through people's heads to see.

My husband moved his chair away from the table about a foot and they kept asking him to move in. You're eating dinner while the show is performed too.

If you can get a table farther away and set facing the stage, it would be a much better view. They were not offered to us and no-one was seated there during our performance. Maybe these are the higher priced seats, but they weren't offered and I'm not sure I would get them anyway.

Just my opinion, but the Staged shows in the theatre with acrobatics were just as good, we could see everything going on and for 'free'.