Do you want an honest review of Oasis of the Seas?

Considering tapas are supposed to be Spanish food, that is a compliment :p

While I myself have no grudges against you not being a Royal cheerleader, I also wondered about your choice of words.

Just because people don't have anything to complain about in their reports, it doesn't mean they are not being honest. Or frank. Or direct.

I myself haven't had much to complain about but I guarantee I've written about the negatives if and when there have been any.

So maybe it's just that people thought you were calling them dishonest compared to yourself. We all know how well THAT goes down in this forum :rolleyes:;)

Do wish though that you'll find out soon how to post photos!!

Once again sorry if the word honest caused controversy. Is it really a big deal?

I didn't get that either. There is NOTHING wrong with JetBlue! It is an awesome airline - I'd save the smarmy for Spirit or Southwest...but that's just me, and price be d%$^ed I would never choose to fly them. (ETA: Just saw your response, and now I get it.)

I'm also enjoying the review. :) You'd never catch me on a Behemoth of the Seas, but it's fun to read others' experiences.

Oasis of the Seas isn't for everyone. One of my sons said "This ship is too damn big". The other son "loved it more than any ship". It was definitely a different experience. I liked that I didn't feel any movement. We'll see what it's like stepping down in size.

I was wondering the same thing! The Trip Advisor reviews for that Days Inn are horrific.

I did read the horrific reviews about Days Inn. Did you read where I only paid $50 and received 2 round trips rides to the airport and a ride to the port. That was well worth more than $50.

I warned the family and we all agreed that it was just for a few hours. Apparently my humor isn't working.

I deal with stressful situations by making jokes about them when they are over. While I was in the hospital following cancer surgery I pretended to be on a cruise ship. The food was basically the same tasteless mass produced slop. I played with the high tech lighting in the room and created a shady spot over my bed. I pretended to be in port in Cozumel under an umbrella.

I make mistakes and I know better. Why would I go back to the MDR without a reservation expecting a different result? It's because I'm human and being human is funny.

Oasis of the Seas isn't for everyone. One of my sons said "This ship is too damn big". The other son "loved it more than any ship". It was definitely a different experience. I liked that I didn't feel any movement. We'll see what it's like stepping down in size.

See, movement is one of the things I love! When I'm on a ship I want to know I'm on a ship. Otherwise I'll just take a land-based vacation. :)

I didn't get that either. There is NOTHING wrong with JetBlue! It is an awesome airline - I'd save the smarmy for Spirit or Southwest...but that's just me, and price be d%$^ed I would never choose to fly them. (ETA: Just saw your response, and now I get it.)

I'm also enjoying the review. :) You'd never catch me on a Behemoth of the Seas, but it's fun to read others' experiences.

I love Jet Blue. I wish we could have flown Jet Blue. I saved $800 on Spirit after the up charges for bags and seat selections. I know this because I know how much my friends paid and their return flight was on Delta. I didn't think the flight experience was bad and it wasn't actually Spirit's fault the bags got stuck. That's on DFW. One of my sons was non stop complaining about Spirit. I thought I was going to have to tell him to shut up. The staff on Spirit was funny. One attendant told us we could open our air vents free of charge. :) It wasn't Jet Blue and with the exception of having to pay for drinks the actual flight wasn't any different than American or Delta for me. We arrived on time going. We were delayed for weather (they can't control that) coming home but we arrived only 30 minutes late.

We could have spent the money on either the flight or the boardwalk balcony for the boys. I reminded my son Mr. Complainer that they chose the upgraded cabin. He chose a few hours of non first class travel for a week in an awesome cabin.

That being said I will probably not fly Spirit again if I can possibly avoid it unless it saves me $800.

MarlylinTX.....love your sense of humor!!!! Dump hotel. Seapus, plenty of garbage cans, brain rattling, poor suckers!!!!! Lol keep it coming!

We are leaving on Friday from Baltimore and am obsessed with this vaca!!!

I'm booked on a cruise next Feb. I checked the roll call and several people were boasting about how they booked rooms at a "stop and sock" in Fla. for $29/night because of a computer glitch. Checked the reviews and I think I will be able to pick them out on the cruise because they will be constantly scratching themselves.LOL

And the parents of these kids should tone them down and teach them to have consideration for others. No .. its not "what they do" .. unless they have wuss parents.

Agreed, it's not the behavior of the kids but the lack of consideration from the parents. Screaming is what kids do, that's correct. Correcting children's behavior to the current situation is what parents are supposed to do.

Keep your review coming. I´m hooked on your "tell it like it is" approach.

And food really is the most subjective experience. 20+ years ago I ate at what was then rated as the number 1 restaurant in Houston and one of the best in the world and to this day it is probably my most disappointing restaurant experience. Ever.

:D

The smarmy voice was because I was jealous that they had a nice relaxing experience on a comfortable airline. I didn't really begrudge them. I was just pretending to be a sore head. ;)

Gotcha! Yes we love JetBlue .. always a great flight .. no bag charges .. and those little TVs make the flight whizz by! We defected once - just once- to Southwest and hated it .. what a tacky cattle car experience .. we said never again. Its JetBlue all the way for us.

Really enjoying the review and ur observations .. looking fwd to the next installment!

Edited by F27TW

See, movement is one of the things I love! When I'm on a ship I want to know I'm on a ship. Otherwise I'll just take a land-based vacation. :)

That's was part of my son's complaint with the ship being "too damn big". I'm prone to motion sickness which is ironic because I cruise so often. :confused:

Agreed, it's not the behavior of the kids but the lack of consideration from the parents. Screaming is what kids do, that's correct. Correcting children's behavior to the current situation is what parents are supposed to do.

It was just a funny story to tell. "We couldn't escape the shrill sounds of the screaming children". We were just outside the children's play area and sound really travels in the boardwalk area.

Once again sorry if the word honest caused controversy. Is it really a big deal?

Well judging by the amount of comments around the word "honest", it seems to be.

And no need to apologise.

I still do think people write honest reviews even if they were full of praise.

Don't really know why that bugs people so much. If those reports are too sweet to swallow, just stop reading!

You are doing great (except for the photos [emoji6] )

"I've cruise enough to know the food probably won't be good"....When I read comments like these on a post my one and only thought is god help the crew that has to deal with passengers such as yourself....:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

When I read comments like yours my one and only thought is you probably do the same thing to assume everyone is like that. I've had pretty crappy food and service and never said a word. Not everyone bitches and complains loudly to the staff when they don't like something, but I'm assuming that's what you do because it was your first thought.

I'll continue the review later this evening but I wanted to prove that I can embed an image. It's grainy and small but it's the lighthouse in Nassau from my balcony in cabin 9716. I took it with my iPhone 5C. We have our pictures on 5 different devices and we're still compiling them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=353345&d=1435076091

I also want to clarify that I'm critiquing my vacation not any individuals. I don't know you so how can I possibly offend you. I would ask that if you find my opinions and comments offensive please don't continue reading. My humor isn't for everyone. I've walked out on bad comedians.

I've received some positive feedback so I'll keep posting.

There are some valid questions. "Didn't you read the reviews?" is definitely a valid question.

I'll continue the review later this evening but I wanted to prove that I can embed an image. It's grainy and small but it's the lighthouse in Nassau from my balcony in cabin 9716. I took it with my iPhone 5C. We have our pictures on 5 different devices and we're still compiling them.

Yey!! A picture!! [emoji3]

From now on it gets even better.

And yes, I understand the 5-camera thing. On our last trip we had three cameras and 5 camera phones [emoji15]

I also want to clarify that I'm critiquing my vacation not any individuals. I don't know you so how can I possibly offend you. I would ask that if you find my opinions and comments offensive please don't continue reading. My humor isn't for everyone. I've walked out on bad comedians.

I've received some positive feedback so I'll keep posting.

There are some valid questions. "Didn't you read the reviews?" is definitely a valid question.

Great photo.

I laughed at your comment earlier that you are in to computers but couldn't figure out how to embed a picture because I AM THE SAME. I am sure I will have the same issue (and I'm also in computers for a living)....so totally get it. :)

Not sure why all the rude comments, but I am one who is liking your review to see your thougths. Thank you.

LOL, I've been watching this topic for several days. Not actually reading the comments, but just enjoying the title.

Back on/off topic. I don't have that much to add to the conversation, just to stop and and say that every time I see the title of the topic, I want to say "No, please tell me a bunch of lies about your experience so I can either, be jealous that your cruise was so wonderful and mine did not measure up; or wonder which rust bucket you were actually on! :eek: :D

Great photo.

I laughed at your comment earlier that you are in to computers but couldn't figure out how to embed a picture because I AM THE SAME. I am sure I will have the same issue (and I'm also in computers for a living)....so totally get it. :)

Not sure why all the rude comments, but I am one who is liking your review to see your thougths. Thank you.

My kids really tease me about my technology skills. "What do you do for a living Mom?" You should see me with my iPhone.

You guys are handling the hecklers pretty well. ;)

We sailed on Allure two years ago and are going on Oasis in January and enjoyed "Behemoth of the Seas." The neighborhood design is not just a marketing thing. The ship is very organized and depending where you are does not feel big at all.

We are a bit burned out on the Chops experience-- especially for the price. As far as frozen steaks, if you take the kitchen tour you'll find a large walk in cooler full of fresh meat. :)

As far as frozen steaks, if you take the kitchen tour you'll find a large walk in cooler full of fresh meat. :)

Agreed. Some people are so intent on dissing the food that they'll make up stuff like "everything is frozen" just to justify their complaints. Personally, over eight cruises on RCCL, I've had some food that was great, and some that was mediocre. Don't know that I've ever had anything I would describe as "bad," but not always great.

I'd hate to accuse anyone of dishonesty, but I think sometimes people think it makes them sound like they are very sophisticated diners, if they trash all or most of the food on the ship.

This is the best review and off topic commentary/heckling ever here on CC!!! IMHO

OP-I'm loving your style more and more!! :D

Wait...does the H in IMHO stand for "Honest"? Because, if so, those are fightin' words. ;)