Princess vs Carnival ?

uncleg

OK I have always cruised Carnival because of price, I'm fairly easy to please. I have been pricing some cruises and noticed that as a single I can get a cabin on most Princess cruise for less than double the price, whereas with Carnival I always end up paying double. I like a lively crowd and lots of dancing an fun...would the Princess experience be similar? And since I'm asking how is their Long Island Iced Tea?!

The average age of the passengers will depend on the length of the cruise as well as the time of year, not the cruise line. I've been on Carnival cruises where the "sidewalks" rolled up at 8pm. However, I don't understand what age would have to do with "a lively crowd and lots of fun". I took my 75 year old mother on a cruise last year and she was still going strong in the late evening when I was ready to drop :o

There has always been plenty of fun and dancing on the Princess cruises that I have been on. OP, I think that you would enjoy Princess as well. It is quieter than Carnival but that has more to do with less announcements and different types of activities than you might find on Carnival. It's more of a "laid-back" kind of fun rather than an "in-your-face" kind of fun. Hope that makes sense :D

If you really enjoy fun and dancing and loads of entertainment, I would suggest you stick with Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Princess is more laid back and less frenetic fun than either of the other cruise lines, which is why we like it so much. Yes, entertainment is offered, dancing, shows, etc.

However, I think you may be bored... or not!

We primarily sail with Princess to relax.... for us, it's like coming home.

I hope this helped.

OK I have always cruised Carnival because of price, I'm fairly easy to please. I have been pricing some cruises and noticed that as a single I can get a cabin on most Princess cruise for less than double the price, whereas with Carnival I always end up paying double. I like a lively crowd and lots of dancing an fun...would the Princess experience be similar? And since I'm asking how is their Long Island Iced Tea?!

No IMO it will not be a similar experience. More subdued on Princess.

No IMO it will not be a similar experience. More subdued on Princess.

Yep I agree. If you like partying by the pool and people dancing well into the night in night clubs, you probably won't find it on a Princess ship. Passengers on Princess are typically an older crowd, even the music reflects that. Carnival does have more energy. DH likes LIIT on both lines.

Yep I agree. If you like partying by the pool and people dancing well into the night in night clubs, you probably won't find it on a Princess ship. Passengers on Princess are typically an older crowd, even the music reflects that. Carnival does have more energy. DH likes LIIT on both lines.

Thanx everyone for your honest answers, I am generally the guy who closes down the club.

Thanx everyone for your honest answers, I am generally the guy who closes down the club.

After the theater's entertainment the Princess CD mentions other evening options & when mentioning the late night disco they realize that not many will go there. I've never gone but based on the CD's statements neither do many other Princess passengers. ;)

If that's a priority then maybe staying with Carnival or sailing RCI may be a better option for you.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You didn't mention the itinerary or time of year. On our Caribbean cruise in April on the Caribbean Princess, Skywalkers, the dance club was fairly busy every night. It was generally a fairly young crowd. They also had a 2 for 1 drink special every night from 11:00 to 12:00. That certainly loosened up everybody's dancing genes. :D

A European or Alaska itinerary will probably have a more sedate night time atmosphere. ;)

You can still close down the club that that might be around 11:15.

I'm sorry but that's just not generally true on 7 day or shorter Caribbean itineraries, especially during the periods when there are school breaks. It may not be music you like, but unless there are very few young adults on the sailing you can be pretty sure there will be a decent number of people in Skywalkers.

Part of it depends on the DJ in Skywalkers. More than once, we have been when it has been primarily filled with folks asking for Doors, Stones, Doobie Bros, R&B and similar music. The DJ kept playing new stuff that we didn't know and didn't care for.