Sabatini's

sh2738

Got a quick question in Sabatini's. Has anyone ever had any of the vegetarian options? Judging by the sample menu on the princess website, it looks like there is only one main course vegetarian option. Is this your experience?

Also, when I call to book a reservation is it possible to request one with a great view? We are going there for an important celebration, a birthday, and it would be great to be able to have a view to celebrate. Anyone have any luck with this?

Thanks all.

Also, when I call to book a reservation is it possible to request one with a great view? We are going there for an important celebration, a birthday, and it would be great to be able to have a view to celebrate. Anyone have any luck with this?

The type of great view available will depend on which ship you will be on.

And for a great view, be sure to eat before sundown.

The type of great view available will depend on which ship you will be on.

And for a great view, be sure to eat before sundown.

I will be in the Ruby and I believe it is supposed to have some nice views from what I have read.

I will be in the Ruby and I believe it is supposed to have some nice views from what I have read.

Yes, Sabatini's is on Deck 16 aft.

Regarding Reservations they can only be made once on board. There should be someone there starting around 2pm on boarding day, and you can visit them on your tour around the ship. You can also call the DINE line after you board. I would make reservations on the first day.

Regarding veggie options: ask when you visit if they will be able to prepare for you other veggie dishes.

Sabatini's on the Ruby has beautiful views! Although it has been three years since we were on the Ruby, we have been on other Princess ships since then and the staff on every ship has always been accommodating and willing to do whatever it takes to please their diners.

Yes, Sabatini's is on Deck 16 aft.

Regarding Reservations they can only be made once on board. There should be someone there starting around 2pm on boarding day, and you can visit them on your tour around the ship. You can also call the DINE line after you board. I would make reservations on the first day.

Regarding veggie options: ask when you visit if they will be able to prepare for you other veggie dishes.

Yes thanks. Yes I know that they can only be made once in the boat, which is a shame, they should let you make reservations in the personalizer. We are planning on eating there the first night. Hopefully we can request a nice table.

Sabatini's on the Ruby has beautiful views! Although it has been three years since we were on the Ruby, we have been on other Princess ships since then and the staff on every ship has always been accommodating and willing to do whatever it takes to please their diners.

Yay. Do you remember what size tables are by the windows?

We were just on the Ruby and there are quite a few tables for 2 and also a few for 4 near the windows. I would go to Sabatinis as soon as it opens and talk to the head waiter. Tell him/her what you want and see what they can do.

They are also very good about taking care of your food request. Just tell that to the head waiter that as well.

ENJOY!

Yay. Do you remember what size tables are by the windows?

Along the curved aft windows they are 2 tops.

Along the Port side there are a series of 4 and 2 tops.

I love Sabatini's on the Ruby/Emerald/Crown. Beautiful view especially when there is an aft sunset. :)

Don' t call it a boat! :cool:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

For the view on the Ruby, Emerald and Crown you need to be there before sunset which unless you are a very early eater, isn't likely going to happen in December and January....you will see nothing much more than black glass. We always have enjoyed Sabatini's with a another couple or two but frankly haven't gone for a couple of years. We did however go in January on the Ruby and found the menu has been diluted to the point that it really is not the same experience that it was say 3 or 4 years ago.

For the view on the Ruby, Emerald and Crown you need to be there before sunset which unless you are a very early eater, isn't likely going to happen in December and January....you will see nothing much more than black glass. We always have enjoyed Sabatini's with a another couple or two but frankly haven't gone for a couple of years. We did however go in January on the Ruby and found the menu has been diluted to the point that it really is not the same experience that it was say 3 or 4 years ago.

Well I am going in a week so that shouldn't be a problem.

Yes thanks. Yes I know that they can only be made once in the boat, which is a shame, they should let you make reservations in the personalizer. We are planning on eating there the first night. Hopefully we can request a nice table.

We sailed the Crown in January on a 4 day cruise & made a reservation for 6:00 on the first evening for a birthday & very few passengers were there. That was a surprise because on other short getaway cruises in January it was reported that specialty dining room reservations were all booked before sailaway. Many passengers had a free specialty dinner as part of a promotion but that shouldn't be an issue for your upcoming Alaskan cruise.

Cruise lines policies vary concerning prereserving specialty restaurants & no matter what system used not everyone will be happy. On our most recent RCI cruise it was possible to make specialty restaurant reservations before the cruise. However it also had a 25% penalty fee to cancel within 24 hours & not positive but like their shore excursions may have required prepayment. And with their system those booking their cruise well in advance may take up all of the reservations with none available for those booking later. I prefer the Princess system & in dozens of Princess cruises have always been able to make a specialty restaurant reservation. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We sailed the Crown in January on a 4 day cruise & made a reservation for 6:00 on the first evening for a birthday & very few passengers were there. That was a surprise because on other short getaway cruises in January it was reported that specialty dining room reservations were all booked before sailaway. Many passengers had a free specialty dinner as part of a promotion but that shouldn't be an issue for your upcoming Alaskan cruise.

Cruise lines policies vary concerning prereserving specialty restaurants & no matter what system used not everyone will be happy. On our most recent RCI cruise it was possible to make specialty restaurant reservations before the cruise however it also had a 25% penalty fee to cancel within 24 hours. And with their system those booking their cruise well in advance may take up all of the reservations with none available for those booking later. I prefer the Princess system & in dozens of Princess cruises have always been able to make a specialty restaurant reservation. :)

Yes I did a RCL one last summer as well also celebrating the same birthday. I preferred it because I am a planner and like everything planned out, haha. Yes I have the promo for the free specialty dining so hopefully it won't be bad on the first night. Will book it as soon as we get to the ship.

Order the chicken. It doesn't sound very glamorous, but it is so delicious. :D

I am not sure about that. I am not much of a meat eater and I am traveling with a vegetarian. I am much more of a seafood lover.

Yes I did a RCL one last summer as well also celebrating the same birthday. I preferred it because I am a planner and like everything planned out, haha. Yes I have the promo for the free specialty dining so hopefully it won't be bad on the first night. Will book it as soon as we get to the ship.

I'm the planner in our family & understand how you feel. ;)

Lucky you to be sailing in only a week to Alaska...Buon Viaggio! :)

I'm the planner in our family & understand how you feel. ;)

Lucky you to be sailing in only a week to Alaska...Buon Viaggio! :)

Thanks. I will be doing a detailed review with photos and maybe video when i get back.

I am not sure about that. I am not much of a meat eater and I am traveling with a vegetarian. I am much more of a seafood lover.

The vegetarian options aren't vast. You could make a meal just with appetizers and pasta and skip the entree. I do not recommend the lobster three ways. I will go so far as to say it was the worst dish I ever had on Princess. No matter what you choose, though, you'll have a good time. The atmosphere in Sabatini's is really nice.

The vegetarian options aren't vast. You could make a meal just with appetizers and pasta and skip the entree. I do not recommend the lobster three ways. I will go so far as to say it was the worst dish I ever had on Princess. No matter what you choose, though, you'll have a good time. The atmosphere in Sabatini's is really nice.

Good. Yes I might have to convince her to have something non vegetarian, haha. That's a good idea to get apps and pasta. It looked, from a sample menu, that there were plenty good ones to choose from.

Good. Yes I might have to convince her to have something non vegetarian, haha. That's a good idea to get apps and pasta. It looked, from a sample menu, that there were plenty good ones to choose from.

Taste is subjective but I've had all of the entrees & for me they've been the least tasty course.

I enjoy the other courses very much & the atmosphere at Sabatini's. I've enjoyed the chicken entree the last couple of times & like the Crown Grill you can request any item on the menu. If you want to add a lobster tail to your steak that should be an option. At the CG, my wife enjoys the mussels & gets it as her first courses and then has a filet mignon with lobster tails for an entree.

As part of the 50th anniversary celebration there are some amazing chocolate dessert options created by Norman Love. I usually limit my dessert calories but was weak & lacked the willpower to avoid those great options only available this year.

Taste is subjective but I've had all of the entrees & for me they've been the least tasty course.

I enjoy the other courses very much & the atmosphere at Sabatini's. I've enjoyed the chicken entree the last couple of times & like the Crown Grill you can request any item on the menu. If you want to add a lobster tail to your steak that should be an option. At the CG, my wife enjoys the mussels & gets it as her first courses and then has a filet mignon with lobster tails for an entree.

As part of the 50th anniversary celebration there are some amazing chocolate dessert options created by Norman Love. I usually limit my dessert calories but was weak & lacked the willpower to avoid those great options only available this year.

I am completely with you on the special desserts. That is certainly where we will have to splurge. Haha.

They will try to accommodate special location requests but on most ships it is first come, first served and they don't hold locations. Make your table request with the earliest reservation and get there on time. That is just our experience on a number of ships.