New Celebrity Promo - Extra OBC Offer (Through June 28, 2015)

Andy

If you check the prices..... X has raised the prices the equivalent of the OBC. At least it is true for the C1 and suite categories on the cruise we have booked. I'd rather have the lower price and no OBC. Insurance is based on the price of the cruise, so less is better :-)

We got the benefit of both a low price and OBC for our Silhouette in Dec. I keep watching but guessing there is nothing they will do that beats what we already have - great price, tons of OBC and the free Bev Pkg. Cannot wait to see this class of Celebrity ships. We are so excited. Already have Reflection for next Dec 16 b/c we got it when they were offering the bev pkg.

Hey Havn'fun. So we are on the same cruise as you. So did you just call them and mention this sale and they gave you the OBC? And can you still take advantage of future sales if they offer something even better? Appreciate your advice.

So on my existing cruise for Feb where my balcony cabin class is sold out I can call and get a $100 OBC?

Hi Cobbie48,

This is strictly a guess, but I think the answer will be no. My best advice is to call your TA or Celebrity if you've booked direct. As I always say, it never hurts to ask !

Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks for the heads up. I just had the OBC added to my cruise! :D

Glad it worked out well for you. Congrats !

If you check the prices..... X has raised the prices the equivalent of the OBC. At least it is true for the C1 and suite categories on the cruise we have booked. I'd rather have the lower price and no OBC. Insurance is based on the price of the cruise, so less is better :-)

Not true:(, we booked a suite 2 nights ago and added the new benefit tonight, $300 OBC. The cost per person did rise $50 so we netted a $200 gain.

Edited by Oville

Hi Andy, I hope you and your family are doing fine!:)

Thank you for the tip. If you've read my post above you'll see you saved us $200. Your such a good guy.

Katie

Edited by Oville

Just got a call directly from a Celebrity rep saying she saw on a website I had a question and could she help me? No, I can't get the OBC but she gave me her direct number for future help. I'm impressed.

Hi Andy, I hope you and your family are doing fine!:)

Thank you for the tip. If you've read my post above you'll see you saved us $200. Your such a good guy.

Katie

Hi Katie,

All is well here. Thank you for your very kind comment, and I'm glad you were able to save money ! Have a wonderful cruise.

Not sure, but there was an earlier thread (that disappeared) about a new promo coming out tomorrow.

Thank you I thought I was going a little crazy because I thought I saw that post this morning but then couldn't find it.

I just booked (2 hours ago) my cruise on Summit in Aqua class via TA, by this promotion I should get $100 from Celebrity. My TA called Celebrity to get it, they told her that to get $100 OBC I need to pay a higher rate for the same category and this higher rate is $300 more than my rate for Aqua with 123go promotion. Ridicules.

I just booked (2 hours ago) my cruise on Summit in Aqua class via TA, by this promotion I should get $100 from Celebrity. My TA called Celebrity to get it, they told her that to get $100 OBC I need to pay a higher rate for the same category and this higher rate is $300 more than my rate for Aqua with 123go promotion. Ridicules.

This is confusing. Why didn't your TA get you the 123GO and OBC from the get go? Try doing a fake booking on the Celebrity site and see what you come up with for the same cabin type.

Edited by Oville

This is confusing. Why didn't your TA get you the 123GO and OBC from the get go? Try doing a fake booking on the Celebrity site and see what you come up with for the same cabin type.

Actually, I tried to do a fake booking at the same time TA was on the phone with Celebrity, the cabin ithat I booked in category XA was last one and I could not double check. Celebrity are saying that 123go + OBC rates are higher than 123go only. Also, if I'd not want to take beverage package fir 123go, my rate would be almost $500 less. Now I am just thinking that for $500 both of us could have a few premium drinks instead of drinks we will get using our classic package with 123go. So, everything is balanced, you are not getting anything for free.

Actually, I tried to do a fake booking at the same time TA was on the phone with Celebrity, the cabin ithat I booked in category XA was last one and I could not double check. Celebrity are saying that 123go + OBC rates are higher than 123go only. Also, if I'd not want to take beverage package fir 123go, my rate would be almost $500 less. Now I am just thinking that for $500 both of us could have a few premium drinks instead of drinks we will get using our classic package with 123go. So, everything is balanced, you are not getting anything for free.

Thanks, is an XA a guarantee, not an A1 or A2 rate? If so isn't it already discounted?

Is this ONLY for the cruises listed in the promo? Mine is not there so I only want to take the time to call if it's for other cruises. Thanks!!!

No - those are just examples of cruises that are available. If you read the "fine print" of the promo, it lists the dates for when you would need to cruise.

Thanks! I called the TA. Never sure if I should believe him or not! I never feel like he works too hard for price drops or added perks. We received the 123 promo when we booked our suite last week, so we did get the $300 OBC. He says we cannot combine the two offers to get more OBC. The ad says it is combinable with 123 Go but, he says no go. Oh well.....