Inside cabin are they OK

I'm very interested in going to Europe next summer and the Carnival Vista has a great itinerary to see many different countries. Question I've read that Carnival has some of the best inside cabins available has anyone actually seen one, also I will be traveling with my 15 year old daughter is this an appropriate trip for her?

The inside cabins are 185 sq ft and I think are the biggest in the industry for a standard room. Floor plans can be found on http://www.carnival.com. My boys shared one on our first cruise and it was plenty big with tons of storage. The bathroom is a nice size as well.

My kids have been to Europe several times and they love it. We all enjoy historical sites, museums and good food. If those aren't your thing there are nice beaches or quaint small villages. All travel is beneficial and if you think your daughter would enjoy Europe then you should consider it!

I did a weekend trip with my daughter in an inside cabin. It worked just fine.

My top tip would be arrange a meeting place for when you become separated. I lost mine for over an hour when she had a strop over where we were going to eat dinner!

I think I'll book the 12 night cruise actually sounds like a great deal. Showed it to my daughter and she is excited, in the mean time will be sailing aboard the Imagination on a 4 day cruise my first and will try to see which sea sickness pill works best for me. Normally I don't get motion sickness but on my last boat trip I was as sick as a dog. Maybe because it was a catamaran in Kauai on rough waters.

Couple items with interiors

They can be very dark

You have no idea what time it is

Given there are very few ship clocks, you completely lose track of time unless you have a watch or use your phone.

The Vista does have Havana interiors which give you access to the aft Havana pool area.

I'm very interested in going to Europe next summer and the Carnival Vista has a great itinerary to see many different countries. Question I've read that Carnival has some of the best inside cabins available has anyone actually seen one, also I will be traveling with my 15 year old daughter is this an appropriate trip for her?

Sure if you want to feel like you sleeping in a closet:)

will try to see which sea sickness pill works best for me. Normally I don't get motion sickness but on my last boat trip I was as sick as a dog. Maybe because it was a catamaran in Kauai on rough waters.

try Bonine. it is non-drowsy. People make the mistake of going right for Dramamine. that works if you want to sleep like a hibernating bear.

Also suggest ginger gum or ginger candy; available Walgreens, CVS, etc. Or bring some cans of ginger ale. Ginger settles the stomach.

Sure if you want to feel like you sleeping in a closet:)

I think that's elitist.

OP...It will be a great ship and Europe is port intensive anyway! I love balconies but if I needed to be in an inside to afford a cruise; especially on a new ship and to Europe....I'd do it! Scope out the ship for your "spot" and just sleep in your cabin. Go for it!

We've been on 3 DCL cruises and have always had insides. We're booked on the 8 night Mediterranean next June in 2 insides. There is a channel on the TV that shows real time views from the bridge so you can have that on 24/7 if you want. My kids will be 14 and 16 on the cruise and are totally looking forward to being able to see Europe.

As far as motion sickness goes I would recommend Bonine as well but from what I've read the Mediterranean is a lot smoother than Caribbean.

Inside is great if one likes to sleep in complete darkness.

I tend to only use the cabin for sleep, etc. and spend most of my time in public spaces. If you prefer privacy and fresh air, inside probably isn't for you.

A friend booked her two teenage sons into an inside several years ago. They loved it. In fact she had to work at getting them out of the cabin! They had brought a game box and projector. It worked a treat against one of the cabin walls with the lights off. :D

If seasickness is a concern, try to book midship and on a lower deck where you will feel less motion.

Also, the Imagination is a smaller much older ship so no comparison to what the Vista will be.

I took my 3 sons on a Med cruise in 2013. At the time they were 15, 18 and 20 and they all loved it.

I will be on the May 24 sailing with the one who will be 18 at cruise time and we can't wait!

If it was sailing in an inside cabin to Europe or not going at all, I'd definitely book the inside cabin! :). That said, I would not select one as a preference. We're actually in a 4J for this trip - inside cabin prices, with a window overlooking one of the front (secret) decks.

We're sailing with a (will be) 16 year old and 8 year old. Not worried about the cruise itself as they're both seasoned cruisers, just worried about the little one on the flight over and back.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

I've sailed inside, oceanview, balcony, extended balcony, vista balcony and mini-suites and not necessarily in that order. Many people say that once you have had a balcony, you'll never go back, but we didn't find that true. We book what we can afford on specific ships and if it's an inside, it's fine.

As stated above, inside cabins are quiet and very dark (day or night). I would bring a small nightlight for in the bathroom just to help at night.

When I say it's dark during the day, I don't mean when you have the lights on, it's plenty bright, but with no lights on, it's dark as night during the day.

The ONLY thing I don't like about an inside is that when you wake up in the morning, you can't see if it's daylight yet, or you can't see the weather. But other than that, when we cruise we spend very little time in the cabin anyway.

In 11 cruises we have had inside cabins the majority of the time. All were on Carnival except the last. We put our tv on outside ship view, take a battery travel alarm and nightlights, and enjoy the public areas of the ship. We would rather cruise more often and spend our money on excursions and a few land days pre or post cruise. We found an inside cabin a cost-effective way to see Europe for the first time. We did Celebrity Eclipse transatlantic repo in April in an inside cabin and were ported in Bermuda, the Azores, Portugal, Spain, France, and England. We had big bucks suites all around us, but we saw the same countries and did many of the same private excursions booked with CC people who had been to Europe many times and shared good advice. No one asked or cared what category cabin we had. We have booked an inside cabin on the Vista last Med and transatlantic and are so excited to be going back!

Since the Vista is a new ship, we booked an inside cabin because we will not be spending much time in the cabin. We want to explore the ship & enjoy the features/newness of this ship. We have had balconies, outside cabins in the past and depends on the itinerary what type of cabin we choose.

When we finally cruise Europe, our cabin would be an inside since the itinerary is Port intensive. Rather spend the money on excursions in Europe rather than on type on cabin, IMO.

Enjoy your cruise!

How are they for a family of 4? We are basically 4 adults, 15 year old and 18 year old. Are bunks right above the beds?

Thanks..

Four adults in any regular (inside or oceanview/balcony) is tight. With a balcony, at least you have that extra little bit of space......and fresh air. Maybe check into one of the Family suites.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

• 4 weeks later...
If it was sailing in an inside cabin to Europe or not going at all, I'd definitely book the inside cabin! :). That said, I would not select one as a preference. We're actually in a 4J for this trip - inside cabin prices, with a window overlooking one of the front (secret) decks.

We're sailing with a (will be) 16 year old and 8 year old. Not worried about the cruise itself as they're both seasoned cruisers, just worried about the little one on the flight over and back.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

I did an inside cabin on a 7 nite Med Cruise in 2013- no issues at all. No motion sickness either. When I booked my Vista cruise, the agent at Carnival said with all the new stabilizers and the size of the ship- motion sickness should not be an issue.

An inside room is perfect for a Mediterranean Cruise because it is so port intensive. I am prone to seasickness and always begin taking Bonine two days prior to traveling. I also book a room midship. It will be on Deck 7 for our VISTA cruise next May. I love balconies if it is a scenic route. For our upcoming Alaskan cruise, we have an Ocean Suite but there will be two sea days plus a day of cruising Glacier Bay. I plan to spend a lot of time on the balcony. However.....for a Med Cruise....an inside stateroom is a wise choice, Save the money and use it on your shore excursions!

I don't mean to disagree with HLGW60, but what is more scenic than a Med cruise??

Not to say that there is anything wrong with an interior - my kids absolutely love them, but some of these Euro ports are just stunning.

I am just saying that the primary attraction of a Mediterranean cruise are the cruise excursions outside the port area such as Florence, Rome, Capri, Amalfi Coast, Athens, etc which make for a very long day. You are cruising mostly in the evening and at night.

On the other hand when you are sailing the Inside Passage in Alaska the primary attraction is the scenery of glaciers, mountains, and wildlife all.along the journey.

It is all a matter of personal preference and what aspects of cruising are most important to you. My brother enjoys just sitting on the deck the entire cruise and watching the water. Not me.

I'm very fortunate to have had a balcony on all my previous cruises. I booked a Havana interior cabin for the Vista, for several reasons:

--Steps away to the Havana pool on the promenade deck

--Supposedly all guests must be 12 or older (we'll see if that's true or not)

--There's a bar right outside my front door, yes please!

--I wanted extra spending $ to explore the many ports, and the non-interior rooms on this ship are a bit pricey for my frugal tastes.

--I plan to be in port all day and exploring the ship all night; according to the posters it's extra dark in the interiors and that'll help me zonk out for my next fun-filled day! :D

We booked an inside for exactly the same reasons but we moved from a Havana to a Cloud 9 spa inside. I saw that the Havana pool/bar area is open to all after 5 p.m. which is when we'd be back from excursions so we had little need for the privacy there during the day. I thought we would use the spa/sauna etc. perhaps more on the return to the ship after a long day. Still not sure where the THALASSOTHERAPY POOL is going to be situated as I can't find it on the deck plans yet.

Here's a pic from my Interior on the Breeze. Unlike Club Disney Chandler, who had a sofa bed & a pullman, we had 2 pullmans and no sofa bed. Our kids loved sleeping up top, but we found it rather cramped to get in & out of the lower bed.

I love the interior rooms, since they provide total darkness for sleeping. It doesn't matter what time of day or night it is, you will not be bothered by any light, which I love. The only other downside (aside from difficulty getting in & out of bed) to our room was it's location. 2209, being low and all the way forward, meant we heard & felt the bow thrusters during dockings. During early morning dockings, it was impossible to sleep thru.

Breeze2209.jpg