How do I get to Rome Hotel after flight

Windstar is charging 75 per person for a 19 mile ride, give me some suggestions bus, cab other Thanks for your help

Where is your hotel located? We took a bus to termini station. From there we took a cab( or could have taken the local bus to our hotel.

Last time we were there, this past October you could...

-take the Leonardo direct train to Termini-12E (I think)

-take the local stopping train to Termini (or perhaps a station closer to your hotel)-8E

-take a direct bus that drops you off at Termini rail station (4E)

-take a cab/limo 60E depending on where you are going.

We took the bus since it was convenient to our hotel and we only had one carry on bag each.

Edited by iancal

Still remember Bobs Rome Limo from several yrs. ago to airport. Mercedes bus with Frank Sinatra singing whole trip. Bob is an ex pat from States. Nice ride.

I am not saying Bob's Rome Limo is a poor service but he was offering people discounts on second rides if they would post favourable reviews on TripAdvisor.

Edited by Putterdude

Bob's Limo is our favorite.

Many car services and hotels will give you a discount for posting on Trip Advisor. We wouldn't post a positive review if we received poor service. My husband revies everything, whether or not there's any offer.

Anyway, arranging a car is the most convenient way to get from the airport to your hotel. Unlike the taxis, it's a flat rate, no ad ons for luggage. You can also get your hotel to arrange car service.

Above all, be careful. If someone approaches you, run. Either hire a car or go to the legal taxi line. I had a guy offer to take us from Termini to our hotel, a few blocks away, for €35. Ha!

Be smart. I had to learn the hard way.:o

Don't know where OP got 19 miles(?). Civitavecchia is about 45 miles from Rome.

Pick a good hotel ("in Centro") that will also arrange for pickup in a private car. Cost of transfer from port will be about €120 (for a sedan holding 2-3 people depending on luggage though possible to arrange for a larger vehicle). If you hook up with a decent guide (licensed), perhaps also recommended by the same hotel, you can extend the driver at about €40/hour (and pick up the guide at €60/hour). Total cost for transfer plus half day private tour for a couple (or as many people as the arranged vehicle will hold) = €540 (plus any admission tix). Be careful about claims regarding single driver-guide. Only a licensed guide can enter major antiquities, Vatican, etc.

For a great little hotel (one block from the Spanish Steps), I recommend Garibaldi Suites. However, with only four suites, you may need to book as much as 6-12 months ahead. (Check it out on Trip Advisor)

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Flatbush Flyer: The were asking about the airport to the hotel not the pier to the hotel in Rome.

We used Rome In Limo and were happy with their service. Professional drivers, fair rate and clean cars. They also drove us to the pier with a tour along the way, tour of Rome itself and several other tours. Would use them again in a heartbeat!

Google.. Bob's Limo Rome.. 1 person 45.00, 2 people 50.00, 4 people about 65.00. We have used them several times and they are great. happy cruising

As I have booked Bobs Limos for 3 pick ups and drop offs. They were very fast in reply to my queries too.

Excited much. The time in two weeks we will be leaving for our cruise.

We caught a bus from the airport to Termini train station. Can't recall the price but it wasn't expensive. We purchased the ticket from a stand at the airport. Definitely watch out for people approaching you to offer a taxi. usually more expensive!