What else dies RCI not have.

ThAnkyou so much for all your replies. Sorry for the error in my post about sinning. I was using a cell phone and no glasses.

I do realize that Disney cost more normally because they add in those cost. But my point of jumping ship was the cost. So if I am going to have to pay for those things that I like and i do like to iron my clothes and wash my panties. Then I may as well stay with disney. ?!?

I also like to mix drinks in my room and sit and relax on my Balcony. Maybe I am a Disney snob. Maybe I will give RCI a try. But will prob not be the 2 week cruise first go around with them.

I don't gamble either.

Okay. I can join that game. :D

You can't water ski or fish off the back of the ship.

You can't bring your bicycle and ride it around the pool deck.

You can't repaint your cabin.

You can't barbecue on the balcony.

Of course, I managed to read the OP's post in context and understand that they would talking about things they were used to being able to do on Disney, but could not do on RC.

Instead of disagreeing with every post on this forum you could have provided a useful answer.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

I do realize that Disney cost more normally because they add in those cost. But my point of jumping ship was the cost. So if I am going to have to pay for those things that I like and i do like to iron my clothes and wash my panties. Then I may as well stay with disney. ?!?

I think that's what people were trying to say, as well, that the items you mentioned are mostly just economic ones, so it comes down to whether or not you're still way ahead on overall cost, if you add in more for drinks or laundry services.

But if it's important to you to wash and iron your own clothes while cruising, you're out of luck there. At least, if you drink a lot, you can price out an unlimited drink package, and add that into the cost, compared to what you would pay for fare plus any purchased drinks on Disney.

Instead of disagreeing with every post on this forum you could have provided a useful answer.

See post #4. Your reply seemed less useful, but I didn't disagree with it. I rather was trying to clarify whether or not it had anything to do with the comparison to Disney. When you replied snippily, I had a little fun with it.

He did, you just didn't like it because it didn't agree with yours. BTW, everyone else who responded on this thread responded in context, so I guess we're all wrong;)

Maybe I am seeing the cost incorrectly. But I see one person said 6.50 a day for soda. But another place I thought I saw 20. But even at 6.50 a day that is near 100 for my soda for the week.

Royal has named the soda package Refreshment and the next highest package Replenish, so it's easy to get the names mixed up.

Refreshment is soda only, and is $6.50 per day plus 18% for adults.

Replenish is soda, specialty coffees, non-alcoholic drinks, fresh squeezed OJ, and still/sparkling bottled water. It's $19 per day plus 18%.

I am not a fan of anyone line. I would love to try them all. But alas I am not rich.:eek: I thought I read on the Disney they do not allow any drinks to be brought on board.

Unless it has changed in the last day (and believe me, FB and other things would have blown up about it), that is completely FALSE.

On Disney you can bring on whatever drinks you choose - water, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor and mixers. The caveat is you have to have it in your carry-on and hold onto it until your cabin is ready. If you put it in your checked baggage and it breaks, you WILL be required to pay for the cleaning and/or replacement of any luggage yours ruins.

Unless it has changed in the last day (and believe me, FB and other things would have blown up about it), that is completely FALSE.

On Disney you can bring on whatever drinks you choose - water, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor and mixers. The caveat is you have to have it in your carry-on and hold onto it until your cabin is ready. If you put it in your checked baggage and it breaks, you WILL be required to pay for the cleaning and/or replacement of any luggage yours ruins.

And, technically, you're only supposed to consume it in your cabin:D

See post #4. Your reply seemed less useful, but I didn't disagree with it. I rather was trying to clarify whether or not it had anything to do with the comparison to Disney. When you replied snippily, I had a little fun with it.

OP asked what RCI didnt have. I answered. If you work really hard at it you may even get the concept...

But even at 6.50 a day that is near 100 for my soda for the week.

That's right, if you're talking about soda for two people. So, if you want unlimited soda, you can tack on about $50 per person to the base cost.

OP asked what RCI didnt have. I answered. If you work really hard at it you may even get the concept...

I got it, and I joined in (unless you think I'm wrong, with the similarly useful things I listed).

I got it, and I joined in (unless you think I'm wrong, with the similarly useful things I listed).

I disagree. I dont remember it that way. Ive barbecued on every balcony ive had and painted my rooms. Just goes to show everyone cruises differently!

Is this accurate?

Per the Disney Website:

While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension

Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind and poo-poo'ed RCI before even setting foot on one of their beautiful ships. I'm sorry you feel this way, and I hope you'll change your mind. RCI has an amazing product. Try them - it's good to spread the love around. :D:p

Sounds like you've already made up your mind and poo-poo'ed RCI before even setting foot on one of their beautiful ships. I'm sorry you feel this way, and I hope you'll change your mind. RCI has an amazing product. Try them - it's good to spread the love around. :D:p

Nobody wants to spend $100 (the rough sum of laundry, beverage package, and paying for 2 extra bottles of wine) so that they can save $500.

Edited by alfaeric

Is this accurate?

Yes. But the vast majority of people don't abide by it. They just fill their tumbler before leaving the cabin. I believe you are charged a corkage fee if you take a bottle of wine to dinner - but if you get a wine glass and pour it in the cabin, no one will know where it came from. It would just mean no refills at dinner.

The #1 thing for ME that RCI doesn't have that Disney does = a million KIDS!

I don't know what I'm going to find in three weeks on RCI, but I know last year on HAL I was FAR more aware of the kids on there than I ever have been on Disney because a) there was no adult-only area and b) the kids were not in the clubs all the time like most of them want to be on Disney.

I don't know what I'm going to find in three weeks on RCI, but I know last year on HAL I was FAR more aware of the kids on there than I ever have been on Disney because a) there was no adult-only area and b) the kids were not in the clubs all the time like most of them want to be on Disney.

Three things: first, Radiance has a great kids club, second, there's likely to be a lot fewer lil'uns on an Alaska cruise.:), and third, Radiance has an adults only solarium where you can escape if needed.

I never checked out Disney before, but based on the conversation here I just compared a balcony room on Disney and Princess and the Disney (pretty much the same itinerary) was almost twice as much. The Balcony was a little larger 268ft vs. 231ft, but the difference for the room was $1295 vs $2395. RCI is slightly more than Princess at around $1500.

Is Disney really worth that much more for some soda and special characters to be included?

I guess people are going on it so they must be thinking it's worth the difference in price.

Tom