Verizon Gift Card Mixup

carib1

Last week I ordered one (1) $500.00 gift card from Verizon, got the order today and there were five (5) $500.00 gift cards in the package. These are not mine, my credit card was charged for just the one. On closer inspection, I noticed the invoice was not mine and was someone else's. I am going to have to call Verizon and get things straightened out.

I have the person's address of whom they actually belong to, should I send them to her and make copies of everything or do you think I should send them back to Verizon? I will ask Verizon thou. And I still need mine, someone out there got mine.

What a mess!! and my final payment is due August 3rd.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have never had anything like that happen before, but my advice to you is NOT to send the gift cards directly to the person who was supposed to get them. You need to deal with Verizon about this because it was their error and they need to make it right for both parties.

Last week I ordered one (1) $500.00 gift card from Verizon, got the order today and there were five (5) $500.00 gift cards in the package. These are not mine, my credit card was charged for just the one. On closer inspection, I noticed the invoice was not mine and was someone else's. I am going to have to call Verizon and get things straightened out.

I have the person's address of whom they actually belong to, should I send them to her and make copies of everything or do you think I should send them back to Verizon? I will ask Verizon thou. And I still need mine, someone out there got mine.

Sounds like an extra $1500 to me!

Do NOT send them to the other person.

Wait for Verizon to tell you what to do. They may have you return them. But it is up to them to take care of the other person. If you send them, and they get lost- what recourse do you have when verizon wants them back?

There is a small chance you're getting some free gift cards.

Ok, I spoke to a Verizon rewards representative, she was very surprised I called about this, so it kind of sounded like they have no way to track these mishaps.:eek: Anyway, she sent me a shipping label to send the wrong order back to her, and she will send me my card once she receives these 5 back. She did say that she deactivated my card so no one could use it and will reissue a new one to me.

She also threw me some extras for being so honest. But I firmly believe in Karma, if I would have kept them it would bite me in the A$$ later, and it would just be the wrong thing to do.

Now I just hope I get my card before final payment.

Ok, I spoke to a Verizon rewards representative, she was very surprised I called about this, so it kind of sounded like they have no way to track these mishaps.:eek: Anyway, she sent me a shipping label to send the wrong order back to her, and she will send me my card once she receives these 5 back. She did say that she deactivated my card so no one could use it and will reissue a new one to me.

She also threw me some extras for being so honest. But I firmly believe in Karma, if I would have kept them it would bite me in the A$$ later, and it would just be the wrong thing to do.

Best outcome ever. If you ordered a $500 card, I'm pretty sure it's sent by UPS, and you should get it within the week.

What extra did she give you?

Way I see it, had you used them, it would be found out since the card #s are traceable.

It's a good resolution so long as you and the other person has time to wait for all this back and forth through the mail. They should send your cards via FedEx overnight.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Ok, I spoke to a Verizon rewards representative, she was very surprised I called about this... She also threw me some extras for being so honest.

I called JC Penney last week because a charge (over $100) had shown up as a pending transaction on my Visa account but was never processed. She also was very surprised that I called. It is sad that customer service reps find honesty to be so unusual. I didn't get any extras, though :D

What extra did she give you?

Way I see it, had you used them, it would be found out since the card #s are traceable.

It's a good resolution so long as you and the other person has time to wait for all this back and forth through the mail. They should send your cards via FedEx overnight.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I hope they will contact the other person and let them know what is going on. Or maybe that person got my order and calls too. UPS has already picked up the package and it does have tracking on it, so hopefully it will only take a couple days for them to get them back and send me my card.

I did make copies of everything just in case.

She threw in a gift card and some additional Verizon rewards points. They did not have to do that but was appreciative that they did.:)

I got my $2500 just a few minutes ago, I can't imagine opening it up and finding 1-$500 GC. You did the right thing, but then you already know that..[emoji173]️ We spent a week last year in Disney World. 2 weeks after we returned home we received an iPad from them. I called and they sent return label..I even got the name and address off the cover of the iPad, called, left a message...NEVER heard a thing. I do know the lady in Lost And Found was very happy we called.. Carib you did GOOD!!

Be sure you get a tracking number and keep it n a safe place until this is straightened out. That way you'll know when they receive them. I don't know that I'd require a signature, you would have to probably pay out if your pocket for this, because with a big company it could sit in the office until someone went in to pick it up. Especially if they have a Post Office Box..

Be sure you get a tracking number and keep it n a safe place until this is straightened out. That way you'll know when they receive them. I don't know that I'd require a signature, you would have to probably pay out if your pocket for this, because with a big company it could sit in the office until someone went in to pick it up. Especially if they have a Post Office Box..

UPS is not the post office.

she sent me a shipping label to send the wrong order back to her, and she will send me my card once she receives these 5 back.

I would have held the cards hostage until my order arrived. :rolleyes:

It seems like you have to get lucky to find the verizon cards for sale, then you have to get lucky again that they process your order correctly.

I had a similar situation a couple of months ago. I had ordered $1800 worth of gift cards and they sent me $2300 worth. The invoice was correct, but the denominations on the cards themselves were not (I had ordered 2 $500 cards and 8 $100 cards and they sent 23 $100 cards.

I called Verizon and told them the issue. They sent a UPS label to me to return the additional $500 worth and I sent the $500 back. That was the last I heard of the situation.

Garnett

UPS is not the post office.

I didn't say it was....I said..if you request a signature it could set at the office.. UPS OR USPS what ever delivery company tries to get the signature, (however Verizon request it is sent back) if it's sent to you UPS or USPS doesn't mean it will be returned the same way. If Verizon has a Post Office box and not street delivery it will sit in the office of the deliverer (UPS OR USPS) until it is picked up and signed for by an authorized employee. Therefore it could sit for days without being picked up..

Edited by volmoma

I believe in karma too and am glad to hear that not only did you do the right thing but that you were rewarded for it in the end!

BTW, I did not get any 'extras' for returning the $500. Just a polite "thank you" which was all I expected.

Garnett

Like I said, you did the right thing...before and during correcting the problem..

The good citizen is the one who does not pick up the $100 bill laying on the table because they could get caught. The truly honest person does not pick up the bill even though they know they could never get caught. In other words, do the right thing because it is the right thing, period. You did just that, and you should be proud of yourself. The fact that the company thanked you was them doing the right thing in return. It does all even out in life.

If I found a $100 bill laying on a table, that's mine. Unless I saw someone leave it there, then I would give it to them. There is a such thing as finders keepers. lol.

That said, the OP did the absolute right thing. On top of the fact that you know a fellow cruiser spent their money buying these cards, using them is very traceable. So either way, I would have passed on using them as well. That just wouldn't have been right on so many levels.

Verizon just needs to be a little more careful. Not only did they ship $1500 of someone else's money but the OP had their name and address. Not good.

If I found a $100 bill laying on a table, that's mine. Unless I saw someone leave it there, then I would give it to them. There is a such thing as finders keepers. lol.

That said, the OP did the absolute right thing. On top of the fact that you know a fellow cruiser spent their money buying these cards, using them is very traceable. So either way, I would have passed on using them as well. That just wouldn't have been right on so many levels.

Verizon just needs to be a little more careful. Not only did they ship $1500 of someone else's money but the OP had their name and address. Not good.

Very true..

BTW, I did not get any 'extras' for returning the $500. Just a polite "thank you" which was all I expected.

Garnett

I did not ask for anything and did not expect anything, she offered, I accepted and thanked her and told her that I appreciated it. Its all good! :p

I am more concerned about the person that should have gotten 5 gift cards today. I sure hope they notified them and let them know what was going on. I could only imagine waiting for 5 cards and only getting my 1 card.:( I about freaked out when I pulled out 5 cards all marked $500, thought maybe a goof and they were 5 $100 ones, went to Carnival and checked the numbers and sure enough they were $500 each. At first, for that split second you think Whoo Hoo I hit the jackpot, then reality sets in pretty quick and you know what you have to do to make it right.

The cards are on their way back to the redemption center via UPS and I have the tracking number to make sure they get back. I hope they send my replacement card just as quick.