Ken Byrne will be Maitre d’ on Vista!

Troller's

You have very strong feelings for Ken. I understand completely, he is handsome. :)

He is in a league all by himself as a Maitre'd. The singing is just an added extra, and he is good at that as well. We can pass on the other comment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the morning show on tv in your cabin? Or at a venue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The morning show is held in the theatre aka liquid lounge, to a live audience. It is shown live on the lido screen and also in cabins.

The live audience this sailing filled the whole theatre.

Yesterday John did a guest appearance and Cookie was absolutely hilarious. Reminded me so much of the interaction between John and Calvin.

Unless he is on vacation, he will be. He is returning to the Pride as of Jan 2, 2017.

That is good news!!! He is a great guy we always enjoyed his singing! We have several more cruises scheduled on the Pride and will look forward to them even more now.

No apologies needed, good question. Ken is the senior maitre'd for Carnival. Very experienced and excellent at his job. He is a true personality and is known as the singing maitre'd and can frequently be seen seen around the ship, sometimes singing (as a guest spot sort of thing) with some of the bands.

Hi. Do you have a picture of him?

We were on the Breeze last year and there was a guy that was constantly showing up and singing in the restaurants, at the piano bar. He was ok but he became so annoying to have to hear him sing every single day. I'll be on the Vista February 2018 so maybe he will be gone by then LOL

Thanks.

Hi. Do you have a picture of him?

We were on the Breeze last year and there was a guy that was constantly showing up and singing in the restaurants, at the piano bar. He was ok but he became so annoying to have to hear him sing every single day. I'll be on the Vista February 2018 so maybe he will be gone by then LOL

Thanks.

I'll be happy to help by sharing a photo courtesy of Ken Bryne Music:

1380200_614091701991208_1575987062_n.jpg?oh=646288275e7ba1feab6f94620388194d&oe=5889D618

I'll be happy to help by sharing a photo courtesy of Ken Bryne Music:

1380200_614091701991208_1575987062_n.jpg?oh=646288275e7ba1feab6f94620388194d&oe=5889D618

Thanks SO much! It was not Ken that was constantly singing on my February 2016 Breeze cruise out of Miami. That guy would show up everywhere and expect that people wanted to hear him sing. I wish I now knew who it was lol

Thanks again for the picture. Glad it wasnt Ken that everyone loves lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question but...what makes a maitre'd "great"? Maybe I don't understand exactly what sets a maitre'd on a Carnival ship apart from a maitre'd at my local restaurant.

Very good point.

I will tell you our experience with Ken, BESIDES being a MD and a great singer. We lst met him on our Dream cruise. He took a special interest in my MIL and he was very very nice. We had him on our Pride cruise and he remembered us immediately. At the time there were reports of a ship that had grounded in Bermuda. Our DS, his DW and our grandchildren happened to be on a cruise to Bermuda at the time. We were very worried, so DH went to Ken during dinner and asked if he had any further info. He did not. About 10 minutes later he appeared at our table with a FAX direct from the bridge about the incident and it happened that it was NOT their ship. We were obviously very relieved, but Ken went above and beyond and it is something we will never forget.

John Heald has posted on his FB page that he will be on the 1st three sailings on the Vista. Also the TA. He may be on other sailings but I cannot confirm seeing other dates. So you will see him around the ship on those cruises.

He is however not the CD. Matt Mitcham is the CD and Ryan Mc Quarrie is the ED. John will be helping out.

I really would have to see it to believe that JH is going to be on the ship the first 3 weeks. I have had 5 cruises booked that JH was "suppose" to be on and each one, he has cancelled.:rolleyes:

As far as Ken goes, he is a very nice maitre 'd. He does love to sing, for sure. But, I have had better.

I guess I just don't see the hype of having Ken for a maitre 'd or JH on the ship.

I really would have to see it to believe that JH is going to be on the ship the first 3 weeks. I have had 5 cruises booked that JH was "suppose" to be on and each one, he has cancelled.:rolleyes:

As far as Ken goes, he is a very nice maitre 'd. He does love to sing, for sure. But, I have had better.

I guess I just don't see the hype of having Ken for a maitre 'd or JH on the ship.

You quoted a post that was prior to the Vista Inaugural. Yes, he was on the inaugural. Eye witness. I believe he did stay on the ship for a cruise or 2 after the Inaugural but cannot confirm as I did not follow his whereabouts after the Inaugural cruise.

He was on the TA. Again eye witness. He is on the present cruise NY to NY.

Like you, I have seen him post his intent to be on a certain cruise and then cancel but recently, he has cruised on the cruises he said he would be on.

You quoted a post that was prior to the Vista Inaugural. Yes, he was on the inaugural. Eye witness. I believe he did stay on the ship for a cruise or 2 after the Inaugural but cannot confirm as I did not follow his whereabouts after the Inaugural cruise.

He was on the TA. Again eye witness. He is on the present cruise NY to NY.

Like you, I have seen him post his intent to be on a certain cruise and then cancel but recently, he has cruised on the cruises he said he would be on.

I sure did didn't I! LOL I did not read the dates and haven't been following Carnival as of late.

I was just meaning that in my experience I am 0 for 5 of the times he was suppose to be on our cruise. Making me believe it might be personal LOL!:eek:

I sure did didn't I! LOL I did not read the dates and haven't been following Carnival as of late.

I was just meaning that in my experience I am 0 for 5 of the times he was suppose to be on our cruise. Making me believe it might be personal LOL!:eek:

I happened to see on last Friday and he did mention you specifically.....;)