NCL Survey - testing new slogan

garnet115

Took that online survey they sent me and it looks like they are testing a new slogan - something along the lines of "Go Free" (or maybe it was "Be Free"? now I can't remember which).

I get that they are trying to refresh the "freestyle cruising" concept, but that choice of words is terrible - people are going to think that it means "all inclusive" rather than "freestyle". People will feel mislead. Or is it just me who sees that as a potential problem?

I don't see a need to change it, but I guess their ad agency and marketing teams need to justify their existence somehow.

Oh gosh! Don't mention the 'free' word about here!

Lets go, let's go

LOL. My thought exactly. :D As I was taking the survey, all I kept thinking was "geez, cruise critic is going to go nuts over this."

I'm with you - I like the "Let's Go" campaign. My daughter and I sing the song to each other all the time when we talk about cruises.

Oh gosh! Don't mention the 'free' word about here!

Lets go, let's go

Yeah, because the way some people are going, they'll confuse 'free' with 'fee'....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Took that online survey they sent me and it looks like they are testing a new slogan - something along the lines of "Go Free" (or maybe it was "Be Free"? now I can't remember which).

I get that they are trying to refresh the "freestyle cruising" concept, but that choice of words is terrible - people are going to think that it means "all inclusive" rather than "freestyle". People will feel mislead. Or is it just me who sees that as a potential problem?

I don't see a need to change it, but I guess their ad agency and marketing teams need to justify their existence somehow.

The slogan is the least of their worries in people feeling misled. Just read the plethora of threads of people brandishing torches and pitchforks over fee changes. Apparently, the public seems to put the emphasis on the "Free" part of Freestyle Cruising. How disillusioned (and naïve) they are.

This post and the one about the big announcement which I saw in the Partners First email have me wondering if NCL is announcing they're going all-inclusive sooner than waiting for the Norwegian Sky test to happen. They've been one upped by Celebrity who started a new pricing schema so it would only be natural for NCL to respond with something similar. As a result their marketing campaign would reflect the new change... Go Free to drink whatever, dine whatever and where-ever...

I loved the Let's Go theme and it was very fun and Caribbean flared. I think they're changing it prematurely and dumped a company and the person responsible for it too soon. However, that's FDR for you. He knows what's best for the NCL brand. :rolleyes::(

The term "Freestyle" never had anything to do with cost did it?
No it had nothing to do with costs.

For dining, they got rid of the fixed dining times and you were not stuck at the same table every night. In other words, eat when you want, where you want.

People will feel mislead. Or is it just me who sees that as a potential problem?

What? People feeling mislead? Judging by this week's posts NCL does not see any potential problem in that, LOL!

I never cared for the "like a Norwegian" and "Norwegians do this or that" advertising. I'm just buying a cruise, not looking to join a tribe or a cult or change my nationality for heaven's sake.

What? People feeling mislead? Judging by this week's posts NCL does not see any potential problem in that, LOL!

I never cared for the "like a Norwegian" and "Norwegians do this or that" advertising. I'm just buying a cruise, not looking to join a tribe or a cult or change my nationality for heaven's sake.

this week's.. LOL :D

Think you ment since FDR is in charge. :mad:

This post and the one about the big announcement which I saw in the Partners First email have me wondering if NCL is announcing they're going all-inclusive sooner than waiting for the Norwegian Sky test to happen. They've been one upped by Celebrity who started a new pricing schema so it would only be natural for NCL to respond with something similar. As a result their marketing campaign would reflect the new change... Go Free to drink whatever, dine whatever and where-ever...

I loved the Let's Go theme and it was very fun and Caribbean flared. I think they're changing it prematurely and dumped a company and the person responsible for it too soon. However, that's FDR for you. He knows what's best for the NCL brand. :rolleyes::(

This would be my guess too, or possibly tiered options like it appears MSC has where you "buy" a certain level.

My second guess is going to Asia and/or Australia since I'd suspect the 2017 summer and later sailings should be coming out in December.