VOOM Internet Allure

I brought the unlimited package for the 7 nights last week.The internet on the ship was really quick just like at home even on sea days.You could use it any where.I uploaded videos on YouTube very quick and Skyped home the connection was really good.With the diamond discount it cost me $90 with the tax.

12036846_10153210392328403_7037887447218407382_n.jpg

Is it 30/60 minutes for each D & D+ respectively.

It's not minutes anymore. It's 24 hour periods of unlimited.

Each D gets one 24 hour period of unlimited internet or $30 off a package.

Each D+ gets two 24 hour periods of unlimited internet or $60 off a pckage.

It's not minutes anymore. It's 24 hour periods of unlimited.

Each D gets one 24 hour period of unlimited internet or $30 off a package.

Each D+ gets two 24 hour periods of unlimited internet or $60 off a pckage.

Forgot, there's no per minute charge anymore.

Bob, if one takes the 2 device package of $22.95 per day, can you use multiple D+ discounts or $120 in total? Or is this considered one package in total, therefore, only 1 D+ discount applies.

Forgot, there's no per minute charge anymore.

Bob, if one takes the 2 device package of $22.95 per day, can you use multiple D+ discounts or $120 in total? Or is this considered one package in total, therefore, only 1 D+ discount applies.

A two device package is considered a single package, so only one discount can be applied.

A two device package is considered a single package, so only one discount can be applied.

Thanks, thought I had found real savings.

From my calculations, it becomes cheaper to pay the full amount for two devices which comes to $90 for a 7 day cruise after $160 in D+ discount, vs. the two device package that totals $100.65 after using 1 D+ discount of $60.

Thanks, thought I had found real savings.

From my calculations, it becomes cheaper to pay the full amount for two devices which comes to $90 for a 7 day cruise after $160 in D+ discount, vs. the two device package that totals $100.65 after using 1 D+ discount of $60.

This is what I get:

Two one-device packages @ $105 ea = $210, minus $120 discount = $90

One two-device package @ $157.50, minus $60 discount = $97.50

This is what I get:

Two one-device packages @ $105 ea = $210, minus $120 discount = $90

One two-device package @ $157.50, minus $60 discount = $97.50

Sorry, you are correct. I was using the daily rate that one of the posts indicated instead of looking at the official RCL cost per day display.

Sorry, hijacking thread....Forgive me, I'm not very techy.

One two-device package @ $157.50, minus $30 discount = $127.50

This would be the amount for two devices with Diamond discount and Oasis has Vroom too?

If I wanted to put the package on two iphones, what app would we use to text each other and stay in touch? Does Viber allow texts and calls? When in cabin would I be able to log off iphone and log onto an ipad? Any other apps I should learn how to work if I'm considering internet? I'm not one to facebook/instagram/twitter.....................

I think I would mainly use it to keep in touch with teen on board and family at home.

Thanks.

Sorry, hijacking thread....Forgive me, I'm not very techy.

One two-device package @ $157.50, minus $30 discount = $127.50

This would be the amount for two devices with Diamond discount and Oasis has Vroom too?

If I wanted to put the package on two iphones, what app would we use to text each other and stay in touch? Does Viber allow texts and calls? When in cabin would I be able to log off iphone and log onto an ipad? Any other apps I should learn how to work if I'm considering internet? I'm not one to facebook/instagram/twitter.....................

I think I would mainly use it to keep in touch with teen on board and family at home.

Thanks.

Correct.

If both phones are iPhones, you could use iMessage. If not, then something like Whatsapp. Don't know about Viber.

You can log off and use any other device.

Correct.

If both phones are iPhones, you could use iMessage. If not, then something like Whatsapp. Don't know about Viber.

You can log off and use any other device.

Thanks! I know my iphone seems to know to text imessage to other iphones. do i turn off cellular or put in airplane mode and then try to text and it should work with any other iphone, on ship or not b/c using wifi?

Thanks! I know my iphone seems to know to text imessage to other iphones. do i turn off cellular or put in airplane mode and then try to text and it should work with any other iphone, on ship or not b/c using wifi?

If you want to use iMessage exclusively, turn on airplane mode, and then turn back on WiFi.

• 1 month later...

Ok, my mind is mush right now with packing for a cruise...could someone help me with thinking this through? We have two cabins booked, both as diamond....my husband in one and me in the other. Are we both entitled to 29.99 discount? I log on for two days and then he logs on for two days, then one of us buys the remaining days??

Ok, my mind is mush right now with packing for a cruise...could someone help me with thinking this through? We have two cabins booked, both as diamond....my husband in one and me in the other. Are we both entitled to 29.99 discount? I log on for two days and then he logs on for two days, then one of us buys the remaining days??

You are both entitled to the discount.

The $15 daily price is only if you purchase the package for the entire 7 days. Purchasing each day separately will cost a higher amount per day so you won't get 2 days for your 29.99 discount.

We were just onboard, and are diamond plus.

We each had a credit for two 24 hour periods, for a total of four 24 hour periods, or only one $60 credit against a package.

You can't combine two member's discount for a $120 credit.

If you sign up for one day, it costs $30 for 24 hours, for one device at a time.

If you sign up for the package through the remainder of the cruise, for more than one day, it is $15 per day.

If you wait for the last day, it is $30 for the one day.

You can sign up at any time, but it has to be for the remainder of the cruise.

If you want to use your daily C&A Discount, you simply sign up for one 24 period, the cost is $30, and you get the $30 discount.

As stated, each Diamond member gets one 24 hour discount, Diamond Plus is two 24 hour periods.

If you time the start of your 24 hour periods, you can get service over two days.

To use the Diamond Plus discount, you needed to sign up for one day at a time. Even if you wanted two consecutive days, you had to sign up for one day at a time (unless it was the last two).

We simply signed up for the package on Day 2, for 6 days, used the $60 credit, and paid the additional $30. We had some onboard credit, and wasn't sure how much we would spend on other things.

But, as I thought about it, I decided to ask if the following scenario would have worked.

Since we were only able to use one of our discounts towards a package, I asked if we could use one person's daily discount first, for two 24 hour periods, and then get a package for the remaining days, and apply the $60 discount.

So... if we waited until Monday, (day 2) to apply the first daily discount, then use the second daily discount (for the same person) on Tuesday, (day 3), then on Wednesday, (day 4), sign up for the package for the last 4 days, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, (days 4, 5,6, and 7) using the other person's $60 credit ($15 x 4 = $60 - $60 credit = FREE), could I have gotten the same six days for free?

I was told that that should have worked. Has anyone else tried this?

FYI, with the one device package, we were able to each use of our iPhones, and a laptop. You just need to logoff one to use the other.

You would only need to pay for multiple devices if two people needed to be on at the same time, or you didn't want to keep signing in and out all the time.

As mentioned earlier, if you wanted to share, or stay in contact using an app or iMessage, you would need to sign up for more than one device.

We were able to use Skype to call a landline (We had Skype credit) and use Facetime voice (Facetime video would not connect the few times we tried it).

There were a number of people around us using their laptops or tablets to Skype.

If fact, it was funny. You could hear one person's device Skype ring, connect, and then hear their entire conversation.

The next thing you know, people around you realized they could Skype, and they were connecting, and carrying their devices around to show off the ship, or holding it over the side of the ship to show the ocean.

Voom is still new, so people don't plan ahead, but I hope as time goes on, people will start to use headphones, instead of their speakers to Skype.

The $15 daily price is only if you purchase the package for the entire 7 days. Purchasing each day separately will cost a higher amount per day so you won't get 2 days for your 29.99 discount.

This is not true for oasis and allure. We just returned from 12 nights TA on Allure then a week on Oasis. The price was $15 per day at whatever point you signed up in the cruuse. It didn't get more expensive as the week went on

Not so on my recent Allure TA. The cost was $15pd x 12 days = $180. Each day the price reduced by $15. I logged on just after midnight after a few days and the cost was $105 and I then had my D discount of $30 applied.

But, as I thought about it, I decided to ask if the following scenario would have worked.

Since we were only able to use one of our discounts towards a package, I asked if we could use one person's daily discount first, for two 24 hour periods, and then get a package for the remaining days, and apply the $60 discount.

So... if we waited until Monday, (day 2) to apply the first daily discount, then use the second daily discount (for the same person) on Tuesday, (day 3), then on Wednesday, (day 4), sign up for the package for the last 4 days, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, (days 4, 5,6, and 7) using the other person's $60 credit ($15 x 4 = $60 - $60 credit = FREE), could I have gotten the same six days for free?

I was told that that should have worked. Has anyone else tried this?

Yes, if you get your timing right! My friend did this and therefore their internet package was effectively free. Edited by little britain

Not so on my recent Allure TA. The cost was $15pd x 12 days = $180. Each day the price reduced by $15. I logged on just after midnight after a few days and the cost was $105 and I then had my D discount of $30 applied.

Yes that is true but what I said was if you purchased each day separately then the cost is higher per day.

The OP thought they could just purchase the first 2 days only for $30 and unless things have changed they can't. It will be more than the $30 coupon value to purchase 2 days.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

My cruise is offering VOOM internet for one device for $15.00 per day. Do you have purchase for the whole cruise? If I decide to buy it on the 3rd day would I just pay the $15. For the rest of the days?

Thanks

Yes that is true but what I said was if you purchased each day separately then the cost is higher per day.

The OP thought they could just purchase the first 2 days only for $30 and unless things have changed they can't. It will be more than the $30 coupon value to purchase 2 days.

Actually the OP asked if they could purchase on day 3 at $15 per day for the rest of the cruise, and the answer to that is yes