12 day is now 14 day.

jfkny

Anyone hear anything about extra taxes being added on to final payment for those already booked?

YEP!

So my TA calls me yesterday to say that now that they added 2 more ports, they are charging us port charges and taxes with total an additional $94.09 per person, can you believe that?

Okay... okay before anyone comments on my "cheapness", here's the breakdown. I booked this cruise as a 12 day and paid a certain amount for me and my daughter. Now with the extra 2 days, I'm paying 2 extra days of DSC's ($50), 2 more days of dog sitting ($100), 2 more days of insurance ($100), now more port charges & taxes ($188) = $438.

So those 2 days (that I didn't want, especially because they took away 2 ports that I *really* wanted to go to) are costing a lot...

debbie

I'm curious why one TA is saying there's an additional port taxes and others are reporting that the price is locked in. My TA hasn't even informed me yet of the change, and when I called they said as far as they know, it's still a 12 day. What a mess!

I'm curious why one TA is saying there's an additional port taxes and others are reporting that the price is locked in. My TA hasn't even informed me yet of the change, and when I called they said as far as they know, it's still a 12 day. What a mess!

Your TA should know by now that it's a 14 day cruise. Ask them to call NCL. I just found out yesterday about the extra port charges, so I'm sure others will be finding out soon.

Are you on the 1/3/16 Breakaway sailing?

debbie

:rolleyes:

YEP!

So my TA calls me yesterday to say that now that they added 2 more ports, they are charging us port charges and taxes with total an additional $94.09 per person, can you believe that?

Okay... okay before anyone comments on my "cheapness", here's the breakdown. I booked this cruise as a 12 day and paid a certain amount for me and my daughter. Now with the extra 2 days, I'm paying 2 extra days of DSC's ($50), 2 more days of dog sitting ($100), 2 more days of insurance ($100), now more port charges & taxes ($188) = $438.

So those 2 days (that I didn't want, especially because they took away 2 ports that I *really* wanted to go to) are costing a lot...

debbie

So much for the "price protection" for those already booked.:rolleyes:

YEP!

debbie

Wow! Did you expect NCL to give you the extra 2 days for absolutely no fee? You are getting an extra 2 days of food, boarding, & entertainment for 2 people for only $438 extra. This sounds like a great deal to me! You could always cancel the cruise without penalty if the extra 2 days don't work for you. I find it unreal sometimes what some people complain about.

I'm on the 1/17 sailing. When I called my TA, they kept insisting it was a 12 day still. They even sent the latest and greatest guest confirmation. Really, it's their job to reach out to me, so I wasn't going to insist they call NCL.

Others on my roll call said they received a letter, and it had indicated the cruise fare would be left intact. I'm not about to question it. I already prepaid my gratuities, so I'm really not sure how this will be treated either.

I'm on the 1/17 sailing. When I called my TA, they kept insisting it was a 12 day still. They even sent the latest and greatest guest confirmation. Really, it's their job to reach out to me, so I wasn't going to insist they call NCL.

Others on my roll call said they received a letter, and it had indicated the cruise fare would be left intact. I'm not about to question it. I already prepaid my gratuities, so I'm really not sure how this will be treated either.

I have the letter but all it said was "cruise fare" is protected, nothing about prepaid gratuities or port charges. From what I heard they will have the new itinerary on the website on Monday so the fees will be there then, (I can check the new fees against my old fees) I will wait until then to call CAS and get a revised invoice. I do think $94.09 is a bit high for the ports added (Can't say I ever wanted to go to Dominica but whatever) but I will not complain about it as I will be on a cruise a full 2 weeks and to me thats an awesome thing. I am just glad I did the booking as I did, M1/B1. That can never be bad :)

Edited by iimmie

YEP!

debbie

You need to have your TA contact NCL ASAP, I spoke to 2 different people including the help desk (877-461-1160) and the fare AND the port charges remain the same, you will only be responsible for the DSC for the 2 extra days, I prepaid mine at the $12.00 and I am protected by that amount.

Your cruise should only go up the 2 x DSC pp. (For me it is $24.00 per person / $48.00 per cabin) I am soooooooooooooooooo fine with that!!!

As soon as it has been finalized they will email everyone new confirmations with the DSC only added.

I have the letter but all it said was "cruise fare" is protected, nothing about prepaid gratuities or port charges. From what I heard they will have the new itinerary on the website on Monday so the fees will be there then, (I can check the new fees against my old fees) I will wait until then to call CAS and get a revised invoice. I do think $94.09 is a bit high for the ports added (Can't say I ever wanted to go to Dominica but whatever) but I will not complain about it as I will be on a cruise a full 2 weeks and to me thats an awesome thing. I am just glad I did the booking as I did, M1/B1. That can never be bad :)

You need to have your TA contact NCL ASAP, I spoke to 2 different people including the help desk (877-461-1160) and the fare AND the port charges remain the same, you will only be responsible for the DSC for the 2 extra days, I prepaid mine at the $12.00 and I am protected by that amount.

Your cruise should only go up the 2 x DSC pp. (For me it is $24.00 per person / $48.00 per cabin) I am soooooooooooooooooo fine with that!!!

As soon as it has been finalized they will email everyone new confirmations with the DSC only added.

I hope the later is true, because an extra $94 pp would probably be the deal breaker for me keeping this cruise. Not going to get upset about it, but will just cancel my booking. After everything is finally released (and depending on what the actually increase in tax/fee is), my next task will be confirmation that beverage package would be for the entire 14. I read one post where it would be for only 12/14 days.

And yes, getting 2 extra days for less than $100 is a good deal, but this is already an expensive trip and I don't get paid when I don't work, so another 2 days off from work is 2 days of no pay. Once again, won't cry about it, but may cancel if I decide it's not worth it.

I hope the later is true, because an extra $94 pp would probably be the deal breaker for me keeping this cruise. Not going to get upset about it, but will just cancel my booking. After everything is finally released (and depending on what the actually increase in tax/fee is), my next task will be confirmation that beverage package would be for the entire 14. I read one post where it would be for only 12/14 days.

And yes, getting 2 extra days for less than $100 is a good deal, but this is already an expensive trip and I don't get paid when I don't work, so another 2 days off from work is 2 days of no pay. Once again, won't cry about it, but may cancel if I decide it's not worth it.

I should have put that in my original post all promotions to remain the same so whatever you have is what you have for the entire cruise

I should have put that in my original post all promotions to remain the same so whatever you have is what you have for the entire cruise

I would think that would be true, but won't believe anything 100% until it's all confirmed. 😊

After 12 days straight of UBP, I may just be okay with a 2 day break. At least my liver will thank me! ;)

I'm assuming with 8 strait port days I won't be using the UBP to its fullest. I'll need that alcohol & 3 sea days to help me relax and recoup. :-P

YEP!

debbie

Your insurance is $100 more for two more days? Are you talking about cruise insurance?

Edited by Laszlo

Is anyone else getting concerned over the Jan. 3rd sailing? I received a notice via email from NCL on July 24th advising the Jan 3rd and Jan 12th twelve day sailings on the Breakaway were changed to a 14 day. I have been unable to access my online account and was not concerned until a week later when I called and was told they were in process of updating the website and it would be completed by Aug. 10th. Well...It still is not updated. This is now very concerning. I called NCL about it tonight and was told they are still working on trying to get all the reservations transferred over. When asked when they thought it would be done (as I previously had been told Aug 10th), I was told "probably by the end of the week, if not, maybe next week" Really?! This is not making any sense to me...It does not take this long to update a website. What is going on? Don't get me wrong, I want to keep my reservation and was excited about the extra days. I am now concerned they may cancel all together. I also notice they have not even cancelled the 2 day cruise. Non if it makes sense. (dry dock?):confused:

Is anyone else getting concerned over the Jan. 3rd sailing? I received a notice via email from NCL on July 24th advising the Jan 3rd and Jan 12th twelve day sailings on the Breakaway were changed to a 14 day. I have been unable to access my online account and was not concerned until a week later when I called and was told they were in process of updating the website and it would be completed by Aug. 10th. Well...It still is not updated. This is now very concerning. I called NCL about it tonight and was told they are still working on trying to get all the reservations transferred over. When asked when they thought it would be done (as I previously had been told Aug 10th), I was told "probably by the end of the week, if not, maybe next week" Really?! This is not making any sense to me...It does not take this long to update a website. What is going on? Don't get me wrong, I want to keep my reservation and was excited about the extra days. I am now concerned they may cancel all together. I also notice they have not even cancelled the 2 day cruise. Non if it makes sense. (dry dock?):confused:

My myNCL lets me view the new itinerary. No shore excursions or anything listed, but I seem to be "back to normal" after a week or so of being unable to view anything. So the Jan 3rd is good to go.

My myNCL lets me view the new itinerary. No shore excursions or anything listed, but I seem to be "back to normal" after a week or so of being unable to view anything. So the Jan 3rd is good to go.

I'm on the Jan 3rd sailing. My NCL account hasn't been updated yet. Still the old dates, and NO itinerary at all shows up. Just a message that "We could not complete your request at this time. Please try again, or contact us at 1-866-234-7350 for assistance." That's been the case for a couple of weeks now. (I got the e-mail from NCL on July 24th as many others did, informing me of the change. And I'm thrilled!! :D)

Out of curiosity, I keep trying to do a fake booking for B/A in January 2016, and the only cruise NCL shows as available is the Gem that month. I do wonder what is taking them so long. Wouldn't you think they have a decent-sized IT department to maintain the website??

I'm on the Jan 3rd sailing. My NCL account hasn't been updated yet. Still the old dates, and NO itinerary at all shows up. Just a message that "We could not complete your request at this time. Please try again, or contact us at 1-866-234-7350 for assistance." That's been the case for a couple of weeks now. (I got the e-mail from NCL on July 24th as many others did, informing me of the change. And I'm thrilled!! :D)

Out of curiosity, I keep trying to do a fake booking for B/A in January 2016, and the only cruise NCL shows as available is the Gem that month. I do wonder what is taking them so long. Wouldn't you think they have a decent-sized IT department to maintain the website??

Good to hear, the Jan 3rd is good to go...Maybe I should call and make sure they didn't cancel my reservation with all the chaos. I will give it another few days.

Mine had the same "unable to complete request" message until Saturday afternoon.

And now I have this. I guess I should feel special? :)

image_3.jpg

My Ncl log in is showing jan 17 as a 14 day cruise but shows day 11 "at sea" but lists time of 8 am to 5 pm instead of Antigua but if I scroll across the top it shows that day as Basseterre, at kitts....confusing....

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! Did you expect NCL to give you the extra 2 days for absolutely no fee? You are getting an extra 2 days of food, boarding, & entertainment for 2 people for only $438 extra. This sounds like a great deal to me! You could always cancel the cruise without penalty if the extra 2 days don't work for you. I find it unreal sometimes what some people complain about.

It is a definitely a valid complaint. You booked a cruise of a particular length and price point and any costs associated with a change such as the one that occurred should not have to be borne by the passenger. And despite its departure port, passengers could have booked non-refundable independent flight, hotel and transport accommodations that translate into penalties galore.