12 day is now 14 day.

jfkny

No they do not. Of course it would be nice for the passengers but the cruise line has no such obligation. Changes like these are what (some of) the insurances are for.

Well think about it....ncl website is still selling it as a 12 n

If they dont offer airline change fees....um....that sounds a bit unscrupulous to me

Now...it would not be an issue if they just updated the website or at least halted bookings

Since they are selling as a 12 n under false circumstances....then yes they do need to offer change fees

Which they eventually will....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

They still need to offer change fees to those who already have airfare....which they still may do as we haven't heard one way or the other

Since you seem to be on the Inside track why dont you get some confirmation as to if they are doing this

Btw my suggestion of them porting in NYC on night 12 ...while certainly not ideal....would be a very nice consideration for their pax and while 14 day Carib cruise is very nice the fact that ncl is STILL advertising and selling it as a 12 day...with no website updates....as of this morning....just shows how things are running over at ncl.....

Why don't you also ask your pit boss friend why ncl hasn't updated their website yet since this info has been out for some time now?

While I will still cruise them because I always only book Rock bottom prices and cruises that suit my needs.....and I am so well traveled that I know what to expect from any cruise line versus newbies that think they are going to be treated liked royalty. Lol

Ncl seriously looks like a fool to me at this point.

I do not have any inside track. I was talking to the pitboss one day and I asked about it and then when he was notified he let us know. The really funny thing was I stopped by the cruise consulting desk to pick up a few deposits and they kept insisting it was a 12 day and the manager finally came over and told him to click on the 12 day itinerary and it showed as 14. They did seem a little perplexed that I would know about it before them. The original guy says oh I'm only on this ship for 2 weeks and have t been able to access his email to get any updates.

Porting in NYC on the 12th day would be stupid in January. You'd have an extra 2-3 days added where you'd be in freezing cold weather. For the vast majority of people who will be driving to port this is going to be a delightful change- like getting a free gift. For the small % of people flying in, let's stop whining and first see if air change comp is going to be offered. On another note, why anyone would fly to NYC in the dead of winter for a cruise stumps me. If you are getting on a plane anyway, you should sail from FL- guaranteed better weather!

Edited by conandrob240

Porting in NYC on the 12th day would be stupid in January. You'd have an extra 2-3 days added where you'd be in freezing cold weather. For the vast majority of people who will be driving to port this is going to be a delightful change- like getting a free gift. For the small % of people flying in, let's stop whining and first see if air change comp is going to be offered. On another note, why anyone would fly to NYC in the dead of winter for a cruise stumps me. If you are getting on a plane anyway, you should sail from FL- guaranteed better weather!

Of course it would not be ideal to port in NYC in jan

But to arbitrarily add 2 nites and still keep selling it as a 12 day is not whining.....

It's just plain incompetent on ncl part

This company is not being run efficiently these days.....

How they can not update the website is plain amusing though

Fwiw....guarantee they are reading this thread...

I do not have any inside track. I was talking to the pitboss one day and I asked about it and then when he was notified he let us know. The really funny thing was I stopped by the cruise consulting desk to pick up a few deposits and they kept insisting it was a 12 day and the manager finally came over and told him to click on the 12 day itinerary and it showed as 14. They did seem a little perplexed that I would know about it before them. The original guy says oh I'm only on this ship for 2 weeks and have t been able to access his email to get any updates.

So I guess ncl is not being run as efficiently and competently as they should be

Think of all the various operations and depts it takes to run a cruise line.....hopefully they are not all inept....but some certainly are....that is clear

Nah.... The pricing for this cruise has been high since last April and maybe even before that

I did the 12 day in jan 15 and paid $2150 for all 3 of us in an inside triple which I booked in July of 2014 it was a true ksf deal and that price included tax and port I jumped on it of course

I started looking at jan 2016 on the ba in April of 2015 and the lowest I ever saw was around $2800 I believe for an inside triple and it was one of those fake ksf 3rd pax half off deals

Now the best I'm seeing on the ba is around $3300 for jan 2016

I booked the gem 10 day btw for jan 2016 for $1800 tax and port included for an inside triple

Would really have liked to book the ba 12 n but couldn't pass on $600 per person on the gem as my college kids pay their own way

s

The last two years, late booking, both these cruises have dropped like a rock. Last year, my sister picked up the Breakaway for $549pp Jan. 15, 12 night cruise. Similar prices the last 2 years.

The last two years, late booking, both these cruises have dropped like a rock. Last year, my sister picked up the Breakaway for $549pp Jan. 15, 12 night cruise. Similar prices the last 2 years.

but that was before new mgmt. and giving away promos to keep the price high strategy.

since the promo giveaways at the beginning of this year, prices haven't dropped within the 14-55day period like in past years.

tomorrow (7/27) is when ncl releases their quarterly #s.

lets see if the 'giving away food/alcohol but keeping cabin pricing high' model is working.

Edited by fstuff1

I'm not counting on that for jan 2016 plus 14 n is not all that feesible for my college kids.

On another note, why anyone would fly to NYC in the dead of winter for a cruise stumps me. If you are getting on a plane anyway, you should sail from FL- guaranteed better weather!

I can't tell you how often I've said this! WHY fly to NYC when you can embark from a warm port?? That first day sailing south & last day sailing north can be very rocky and definitely not warm on January/February itineraries. It stumps me, too. :confused:

I can't tell you how often I've said this! WHY fly to NYC when you can embark from a warm port?? That first day sailing south & last day sailing north can be very rocky and definitely not warm on January/February itineraries. It stumps me, too. :confused:

Well if someone is planning on the jan 2 gem or the jan 3 ba......flying into NYC a few days earlier makes for a very nice Christmas /New Years experience

NYC is much much more than the ridiculous Times Square nye experience

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not on any of these sailings but I was curious to know if you had the UBP or UDP I guess NCL is picking up the tab of two free days of drinking and eating? Who picks up the extra days of gratuities?

Your questions are too logical!

I've been following this thread closely and am a bit disappointed in ncl for still advertising and selling this cruise as a 12 n

Not everyone is on cc and will know this and many will book air as well

Shame on ncl for not updating the website asap and shows total lack of concern for their pax.....especially the newbies because we already know they have no respect for latitudes pax any longer

I really think the inmates are running the asylum over at ncl. Lol

However the reality must be that the corporate employee morale is either very low....

Or they are firing the good workers

Or....they just aren't doing their jobs to a high standard any longer ...probably due to upper management stupidity

Those flying into NYC (and, driving in from cities/towns from other states/provinces) will now need to plan for 15 days or more, especially for winter travel - with luck, mother nature will come up with a blizzard or snowstorm, bury the roads & highways, and the roof-top parking lot.

There're plenty of horror stories from winter travelers stranded at the airports for 1 to 3 days (longer for some JetBlue flyers in 2014) unable to be rebooked on other flights, etc. Getting to the pier is a fraction of the fun (challenge) - 4WD & 4 true "ice & snow" tires.

Besides, some businesses won't allow their regular, full-time employees to take 2 weeks worth of vacation at the beginning of the calendar year - those in finance & banking generally fit this category, not to mention those in accounting with tax preparations & year-round closeout/reports, etc.

Retirees and those self-employed are fine with these & will be happy with even fewer children on these 2 sailings (and, other similiar ones, unless parents are taking their young ones out of the classrooms & skipping classes) - and enjoy a somewhat quieter ship ... assuming the prices & deals are out there (which, from what I can see ... hmmm :eek: )

$549 pp inside cabin plus port fees and taxes meant $850 pp. an inside right now isn't pricing much higher. $4100 for 2 people in a balcony with UBP for a 14 night cruise is pretty great. And if it drops, so what? Then we re-book.

Those flying into NYC (and, driving in from cities/towns from other states/provinces) will now need to plan for 15 days or more, especially for winter travel - with luck, mother nature will come up with a blizzard or snowstorm, bury the roads & highways, and the roof-top parking lot.

There're plenty of horror stories from winter travelers stranded at the airports for 1 to 3 days (longer for some JetBlue flyers in 2014) unable to be rebooked on other flights, etc. Getting to the pier is a fraction of the fun (challenge) - 4WD & 4 true "ice & snow" tires.

Besides, some businesses won't allow their regular, full-time employees to take 2 weeks worth of vacation at the beginning of the calendar year - those in finance & banking generally fit this category, not to mention those in accounting with tax preparations & year-round closeout/reports, etc.

Retirees and those self-employed are fine with these & will be happy with even fewer children on these 2 sailings (and, other similiar ones, unless parents are taking their young ones out of the classrooms & skipping classes) - and enjoy a somewhat quieter ship ... assuming the prices & deals are out there (which, from what I can see ... hmmm :eek: )

Nope,try again. The cruise left on a Sunday and was coming back on a Friday meaning most people were already taking the 10 vacation days. It probably won't mean any extra vacation days for most people returning on a Sunday.

I had planned to buy plane tickets on Friday ...had not got around to it; then got the email saying it was changing from 12 day to 14 day. Phew! Thankful I hadn't booked yet.

Have no problem with the extra 2 days of cruising; just meant booking 1 extra vacation day as I will not get home until Monday now.(due to flight schedule) We fly in a few days early - I'm fully aware of what impact travelling in winter can have .. had to spend an extra couple days in Orlando after a cruise a few years ago after a snowstorm went through the city we were supposed to layover in.

I had already booked off 3 weeks vacation ..so one extra day is no big deal.

$549 pp inside cabin plus port fees and taxes meant $850 pp. an inside right now isn't pricing much higher. $4100 for 2 people in a balcony with UBP for a 14 night cruise is pretty great. And if it drops, so what? Then we re-book.

Actually the jan 4 2015 12 night ba was a true ksf.....I have been watching the jan 3 2016 ba since April and it never went to a true ksf just the fake overpriced ksf.....

So....I grabbed the true ksf on the gem Lol

Nope,try again. The cruise left on a Sunday and was coming back on a Friday meaning most people were already taking the 10 vacation days. It probably won't mean any extra vacation days for most people returning on a Sunday.

Also the Monday is a federal holiday if you are on the jan 3 cruise

Actually the jan 4 2015 12 night ba was a true ksf.....I have been watching the jan 3 2016 ba since April and it never went to a true ksf just the fake overpriced ksf.....

So....I grabbed the true ksf on the gem Lol

I would imagine the number of kids will be extremely low. 2 full weeks off from school is too much.

To bad my category is sold out, I would like to know what the new price would have been.

All in all I am happy about the change. I have never done a full 2 weeks on a ship.

I wonder how much the port charges will be now. I am assuming those do not get adjusted on people who have already booked.

To bad my category is sold out, I would like to know what the new price would have been.

All in all I am happy about the change. I have never done a full 2 weeks on a ship.

I wonder how much the port charges will be now. I am assuming those do not get adjusted on people who have already booked.

I have seen taxes and port charges adjusted both upward and downward on several of my cruises and had the cost passed on to me

Just sayin that was my experience

I am

Assuming for those already booked, they will not be charged additional port charges. In addition, I think you'll also get out of paying the extra 2 days gratuities on UBP and the DSC if you've already pre-paid that.

I booked all of my cruises before the tips were added automatically so no worries there. Even if the port charges change that's no biggy I was just curious as to how that works

Edited by iimmie

So are you saying that you hope that there is bad weather that would prevent people from getting to their cruise?

Edited by electro