12 day is now 14 day.

jfkny

Just received an e-mail from NCL that our 12 day cruise on the Breakaway leaving on January 3, 2016 is now a 14 day cruise. Instead of 6 ports there are now 8 ports. They state that there are no additional fees for those already booked. Very excited to have the extra days.

Are the days added to the beginning or end of the original 12 days?

I'm booked on the Jan 31st and waiting to find out if it will also become 14 days.

If they add 2 days at the end I'm great but if at the beginning I may have to cancel.

Lois

ETA: what are the 2 new ports?

Edited by electro

Martinique, Antigua, Dominica and St Marteen. They did away with St Lucia and St Kitts.

Would not have liked losing St. Lucia. Still extra days if you can do it would be great. Those with airline flights might not be as thrilled.

Would not have liked losing St. Lucia. Still extra days if you can do it would be great. Those with airline flights might not be as thrilled.

Luckily I haven't booked flights yet. Dominica will be a new port for me and I love St Martin so I am happy.:D

Work fast,,,it looks like they just put it up on their main page but when you select day and go through booking process it still has the lower price.

They also have an OBC, for BC it was $250.

January 17th changes.....

Original Arrive Depart Sun New York, New York 4:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue At Sea

Wed San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 10:00 pm

Thu St.Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Fri Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00 am 2:30 pm

Sat Castries, St.Lucia 9:00 am 7:00 pm

Sun Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Mon Basseterre, St.Kitts 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Tue At Sea

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri New York City, New York 8:00 am

Revised Arrive Depart Sun4:00 pm New York City, New York

Mon At Sea

Tue At Sea

Wed San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm10:00 am (Norwegian typo there, I think)

Thu St.thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00 am5:00 pm

Fri Tortola, British Virgin Islands 8:00 am5:00 pm

Sat Philipsburg, St.Maarten 8:00 am5:00 pm

Sun Roseau, Dominica 8:00 am5:00 pm

Mon Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am5:00 pm

Tue Fort-de-France, Martinique 8:00 am5:00 pm

Wed St.John's, Antigua 8:00 am5:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun8:00 am

Are the extra days because they had to cancel the CTN?

Must be. Would have been silly for the ship to float around empty for those two days. I half expected them to add only sea days; getting 2 new ports is great, and I don't care about losing St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Happy sailor here :D

Are the extra days because they had to cancel the CTN?

Yes, there were 2 day CTN between each of the 12 day cruises so they added those days to the 12 day's to make them 14.

Just received an e-mail from NCL that our 12 day cruise on the Breakaway leaving on January 3, 2016 is now a 14 day cruise. Instead of 6 ports there are now 8 ports. They state that there are no additional fees for those already booked. Very excited to have the extra days.

VERY NICE:D. Would love it ..if it had happened to me...! 2 free days of cruising ...can't beat that..;)

I am one of the lucky ones...our 17 January cruise was extended two days, and since I don't have to use additional vacation days, or worry about flying to the port, its all good....:cool:

I am curious as to anyone that paid to go B2B with one of the cancelled CTN's in conjunction with a 12 day.....will they get the 2 day cruise refunded? Seems only fair that they should.....

I just got the same email and I'm so, so happy! It came at such an opportune time for me since I just had lumpectomy on Thursday and was in pain. I also love the changes to itineraries and look forward to the new ports. Kind of sorry about St. Lucia, but that's okay.

Martinique, Antigua, Dominica and St Marteen. They did away with St Lucia and St Kitts.

Too bad you miss St. Lucia that was one of our favorite ports.

We also like Antigua. St. Marteen was more modern and prosperous. I have read some negatives about Marinique.

Very nice with a 14 days cruise and the itinerary is great too.

We were on the 12 nights cruise on the Breakaway February 1 this year and if we had recieved a mail about a change from 12 to 14 nights one year ago I had bean very angry because then we would have to throw away our planetickets and buy new one!!!

Wow, I'd be pissed! I would have already bought my airline tickets!

Well :D - in that case, you don't necessary have to "waste" it - maybe just a 50% loss on the unused value of that airline ticket, assuming it's not refundable and/or the change fee is excessive (or higher than the face value of the ticket).

If the change is 2 extra days at the end of the cruise, you still use it for the outbound segment(s) - flying to the port for the sailing, and become a no-show for the return as you will still be on the ship. You shop for & buy the best return ticket, one-way only - for flying home based on the 14+ days schedule.

Another popular well-known traveler's secret these days, it's not always cheaper to buy a round-trip plane ticket, it used to be - for best fares & discounts, etc. Not anymore, at least for most if not all U.S. carriers, legacy or the remaining 3 major ones - you can use mileage & book two one-way tickets to travel, sometimes using different airports - hometown & destinations. It's another form of travel "insurance" against the unexpected.

Whenever we book flights - business or personal travel, including cruises, we always check for & find the best deals by looking at round-trip fares and two one-way fares, especially if you are using major airline hubs like SFO, LAX, ORD, IAH, MIA, ATL, IAD, JFK, EWR, etc. with secondary airports nearby with competition from other carriers.