12 day is now 14 day.

jfkny

Cannot believe the updated cruises are still not posted on NCL's website for passengers to book. Ridiculous.

When NCL gets everything straightened out the website will be updated. Have to have patience. Remember, NCL was not responsible for the CTN being cancelled!

When NCL gets everything straightened out the website will be updated. Have to have patience. Remember, NCL was not responsible for the CTN being cancelled!

While true, it'll anger me to the nth degree if NCL starts offering bargain basement prices once final payment date passes in light of the sailing loosing out on potential passengers.

Edited by MtreJ

While true, it'll anger me to the nth degree if NCL starts offering bargain basement prices once final payment date passes in light of the sailing loosing out on potential passengers.

Especially since the first january cruise is rather popular with college kids and their families on January intercession

Also all the former 12 day cruises are popular with Northern Europeans and Aussies for some reason

And lets not forget the large numbers of Canadians who frequent all the jan/feb cruises

I took it last jan and coming home on Friday was perfect for all it sounded like....easy to get the kids back to campus and perfect for those catching a flight and needing to be back to work on Monday

A Sunday return day is going to throw a monkey wrench into many pax plans

Of course many will post they just love the extra days and that might well work out if you already booked at a great price and have the time

But new bookings for 14 days at what will now become an overpriced cruise to make up for cancellations will make it difficult for ncl to fill the ship and yep a fire sale will happen

I'm on the 10 day gem even though I wanted to go back to the 12 day ba but they never offered a good enough price on the ba 12 day to start with

The 10 day gem offered a true rock bottom ksf and I jumped on it. No expensive perks just a $600 per person tax and port included inside cabin for 10 wonderful days!!!👏😱

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It angers me though that they kept taking bookings....thus pax subsequently booking airfares if needed.... When they knew it was going to become a 14 day cruise but still sold it as 12

Similar to the other thread that states ncl is running an in cabin video stating the final all aboard time in Bermuda is still 5 pm!

I mean come on now any well run company understands the domino effect or better put the " peripheral effect" of changes

There is no excuse other than incompetence or a work slowdown protest by employees for them not fixing that video or for them not to have immediately stopped taking ba bookings

It's an embarrassment to ncl but for me and mine we are able to stay ahead of the game due to our addiction to cc😝

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

Finally!!!!

But still too late for those who booked before the updated website and bought airfare thinking it was a 12 day cruise

In a case like this.... Either ncl needs to cover airfare change fees or if the airline is a well run one the pax should appeal to them to waive fees or cancel if need be.....all one has to do is say NCL these days and I bet other travel/transport industries just shake their heads and understand

Wouldn't surprise me at all if airlines waived fees as this is truly not a pax fault.

Edited by Crusin6

Finally!!!! But still too late for those who booked before the updated website and bought airfare thinking it was a 12 day cruise .... Either ncl needs to cover airfare change fees or if the airline is a well run one the pax should appeal to them to waive fees or cancel if need be.....all one has to do is say NCL these days and I bet other travel/transport industries just shake their heads and understand

Wouldn't surprise me at all if airlines waived fees as this is truly not a pax fault. Sent from my iPad using Forums

The logic is sound, but I don't know of any US airlines voluntary waiving fees in cases similar or like these - European & Asian carriers, perhaps & good luck in rebooking the flight changes with "adjustments" in fares.

Well, there will be those coming along shortly, again, to say NCL did "no" wrong :rolleyes: & sheepies are supposed to ... yada yada ;) I just ignore those kool aid and/or got them on the "bypass list" already.

We're at our brick-n-mortar TA's office over the weekend picking up our finalized trip itinerary, e-tickets & hotel info and his office isn't "partnering" much these days with a certain cruiseline, saying they have plenty of options to choose from & offer to their clientele.

Assuming that flight changes are allowed with no fare differentials to be paid, the fees are easily $100 per ticket (if not higher - lower ?? as I haven't bother worrying about them ... for our upcoming TPAC vacation flights this Labor Day weekend, it's higher) - I seriously doubt that NCL will cover it or allow the pax to cancel, maybe throw a bone or two = some token OBC's to "compensate" (yeah, right) maybe, enought to offset the extra port fees & DSC's .

The problem isn't so much about making changes and revising itineraries, it is about timely communication and truth in advertising ... how does NCL rating come in on these lately, well - needless to say, we got our scorecards. Issues in the I.T. reflecting that of senior or executive management's priorities ... and, on a day like this, taking covers watching the stock market's plunge again.

Those 2 "extra" days are - perhaps - good for retirees who don't want to worry about getting back to the office and to work/make a living ... not so good for us and just a quick 45 minutes ride to the pier for the BA or the GEM here in NYC.

So excited NCL was able to update their web page to reflect the new 14 day itinerary! Great job by NCL not charging more for the extra two days!

Lol. Maybe not you because you booked awhile back but new bookings have most definitely gone up in price

It looks like Jan 17th is no longer there. I never saw it this morning, but it shows St. Kitts as the last port on my reservation info. Maybe they saw the mistake and pulled it?

https://www.ncl.com/vacations/norwegian-breakaway-jan-2016?sailmonths=4294925779&ships=4294963125

The January 17th cruise isn't showing with the advance search, but does come up when you enter just the date and ship.

Hopefully that link works... it's the second option on that link. Picture and itinerary are missing, website doesn't mention St. Kitts but that was on the confirmation I had on the 27th of August.

Edited by Got Tequila?

I called up my TA, and requested an up to date guest confirmation. There seems to be a mismatch. In one system, Jan. 17th has 8 ports with St. Kitts as the last port, but the other shows "At Sea" where the guest confirmation comes from.

He put me on hold to find out what's going on with the Jan 17th cruise. He said per NCL, there are going to be 8 ports and the last day is St. Kitts. It's a glitch in their system right now, but St. Kitts is definitely in there. It's probably why this date isn't easy to pull up. Unfortunately, until it's fixed, there isn't a way to show this in writing in the guest confirmation. NCL is saying it should be fixed in a couple days. Yeah, I heard that before . . .

Edited by TardisDance

The week of the 17th is online now and I am jealous that you all got to keep St Kitts. Great island.

From what I checked on the sailing of the 3rd, the prices are exactly the same as when they pulled the 12 nighter off the website (I went "fishing").

While being a fisherman lights up almost all categories in green (at their lowest price point), it unfortunately doesn't show the value add that was included in early January (for either the UDP or UBP for all passengers in a cabin for inside and outside) and UDP, UBP and a $300 OBC for all passengers in suite and above staterooms.

Was on the Pearl in December 2014 and everyone in our party was disappointed with the quality of the food in the MDRs. Funny enough as we disembarked, I said the only way I'd sail NCL again despite being Platinum is if something like the UDP was available and low and behold the email came shortly thereafter. At around $230pp for the UDP, the value was there in January. Now, not so much.

unnamed.jpg.6267d5a87def5313d020900f8edd5c66.jpg

Edited by MtreJ

While being a fisherman lights up almost all categories in green (at their lowest price point), it unfortunately doesn't show the value add that was included in early January (for either the UDP or UBP for all passengers in a cabin for inside and outside) and UDP, UBP and a $300 OBC for all passengers in suite and above staterooms.

Yes I realize that, but I did get the lowest pricing and the max on my promos when I repriced in February.

My category is long sold out and I am extremely happy with the extra 2 days.

It was a win-win for me.