My Watertube Slide Experience on the Getaway

Did you see the part where I mentioned screaming? That was the free fall. Although the scariest part for me was not knowing for sure if the very large suzyQ was not coming down the chute at any moment behind me.

Oh... suzy Q. I was wondering if the drop itself was scary or if it was more the setup with the floor dropping underneath.... I'm a big chicken... might have to stick with the spinning bar stools.

Thanks so much for sharing this story. I also laughed out loud while reading it. Another piece of advice for people doing this type of slide is to also cross your legs. Otherwise you do end up with the OP's username (or worse). :eek:

Edited by ncklhaus

Great story!!!! :eek: I started screaming once I got in and the attendant locked the door......:o I looked over at my husband as he was in the other and he was calm as ever. This did not calm me any. My heart was beating in my throat....the floor falls out and there I go. I kept my arms crossed over my chest. Well once I made it to the end, I was pulling my bandeau bikini top back up and picking my bottoms out of places they shouldn't have been :rolleyes::cool: I jumped up and right back up those stairs I went. We were just sad our 12 year could not ride. She was 88 pounds. He told her come back next summer ;)