Up-Sale Fairy

volmoma

We sail in 3 weeks...we booked an inside cabin, on the Sunshine 8 day, on the Lido deck..that being said there's 18-20 spa balconies and numerous suites left...what would you say our chances are getting the call??? Just curious...if it matters we're platinum. And I absolutely HATE saying that... BLUE, RED, GOLD, PLATINUM OR DIAMOND.. Just wanting an opinion..I'm getting anxious..

Edited by volmoma

I got an upsell email earlier this week and I've never sailed with Carnival before, so it doesn't matter if you are platinum. But check every email from Carnival, and it turns out that you can sometimes see offers posted on your online account (on the VIFP page) so check there, too. And check current pricing to see whether better cabins are selling for less than what you originally paid. Sometimes when that happens you can call and they'll move you.

Hope I'm as lucky. I've been on 9 Royal Caribbean cruises, 1 Carnival and 1 Princess. For my 2nd Princess cruise recently, I got the upsell call. Never on Royal Caribbean which I had sailed on many times. I don't know how they decide who gets the call. :rolleyes:

Edited by lauren0309

I got an up-sell call about two and a half weeks out from my cruise. It was funny because just earlier that day I was checking to see how many cabins were available. I saw five GS and fove OS unassigned. They offered to bump me from an 8C balcony to an Ocean Suite for $600. I replied no thank you.

We have been on 13 Carnival cruises and have received the upgrade call or email 4 times. The last time was this past Feb. We received an email about 3 weeks prior to sailing. Got a Spa Balcony for $110 from an OV on the Main deck. We took it. That was a no brainer. Good Luck.

I received an upsell call three days before sailing on the Victory in May. $292 from inside to aft wrap balcony (2 people). The part of this story that you will like... the upsell fairy told me that the offer was only for "Platinums sailing in inside cabins". Good luck!

I guess I would say anything is possible! I do have to agree that it doesn't seem to matter what color card you have. We got an upsell call on our very first cruise with Carnival.

But I guess it does make sense that it would be easier for them to sell your inside cabin at a last minute rate than perhaps the balcony. So, maybe, just maybe!

I guess I would say anything is possible! I do have to agree that it doesn't seem to matter what color card you have. We got an upsell call on our very first cruise with Carnival.

But I guess it does make sense that it would be easier for them to sell your inside cabin at a last minute rate than perhaps the balcony. So, maybe, just maybe!

Kinda what I was thinking....[emoji41]

I received an upsell call three days before sailing on the Victory in May. $292 from inside to aft wrap balcony (2 people). The part of this story that you will like... the upsell fairy told me that the offer was only for "Platinums sailing in inside cabins". Good luck!

Interesting thanks for sharing

I feel like it matters how many people are in your cabin whether or not the up sell fairy calls.. When we traveled as a party of 2 we got a call. A highly doubt when we travel as 5 in April on the Breeze we will get a call. I'm not even sure if a suite would accommodate us 5 on the Breeze?

Edited by setsail1975

I've received calls on three of my four cruises:

> Ecstasy upsell offer from Grand Suite to Owners Suite (can't remember for how much)

> Glory upsell offer from Balcony to Ocean Suite ($300 total for two people)

> Victory upsell offer from Ocean Suite to Grand Suite ($400 total for two people)

I didn't take any of these.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I received an upsell email on Monday for my upcoming Victory cruise in September. This will be my 19th cruise and first time I've received an upsell email. The offer was to go from a balcony to Ocean Suite for $400 total for 3 of us. I took the deal. Didn't tell dh or ds! It'll be a nice surprise for them when they board!

I received an upsell email on Monday for my upcoming Victory cruise in September. This will be my 19th cruise and first time I've received an upsell email. The offer was to go from a balcony to Ocean Suite for $400 total for 3 of us. I took the deal. Didn't tell dh or ds! It'll be a nice surprise for them when they board!

We did the up sell on the Victory OV to OS!! It was awesome back in May! It will be hard to stay in an OV room again.. Lol... Enjoy!

Congrats!!!! Sweet.....this will be our 21st...we're in an inside on the Lido. My heart skips a beat every time the phone rings!!!! Ours has always been a phone call, but we do check our email daily. About 20 spa balconies plus 20 suites. Don't believe in the tooth fairy but the Up sale fairy is a whole different story!! LOL

Volmomma,

Think we are on the same cruise ( 8/21) We got the call to move from a balcony to an OS for $600 total. We turned that down. This will be our 4th sailing on the Sunshine, and I get the same cabin every time, love the cabin and love the location. :)

Volmomma,

Think we are on the same cruise ( 8/21) We got the call to move from a balcony to an OS for $600 total. We turned that down. This will be our 4th sailing on the Sunshine, and I get the same cabin every time, love the cabin and love the location. :)

Yes we are!!!! [emoji41] we wouldn't pay that either.. Maybe for the Grand/Captain suite, it would be the only way we could stay in it. LOL Every time before that we've booked an inside cabin we've gotten a call. This will be our 2nd time on the [emoji295]️ and we love her. We were booked on the Dream out of NO on the 23rd but my DH rebooked to the [emoji295]️, he loves her. He laughed and told me about as much as he loves me????? After 42 years that's saying a lot.

I've received calls on three of my four cruises:

> Ecstasy upsell offer from Grand Suite to Owners Suite (can't remember for how much)

> Glory upsell offer from Balcony to Ocean Suite ($300 total for two people)

> Victory upsell offer from Ocean Suite to Grand Suite ($400 total for two people)

I didn't take any of these.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Wow they sure like you. Not sure what we would have done about the Glory one. Would be nice to move up to a suite.

IMHO it is not your status with Carnival but the class of cabin, stateroom you are in. Carnival wants to get the $$ from you to upgrade you and resell your cabin so the cabin you are in has to be inviting to whom they will sell to at whatever point before your departure.

I'm one point short of gold (did I just miss out on a party?) but both of my last two Carnival Cruises I got the call.

One was from an inside Lido to a Lido balcony and the other was balcony to Spa balcony and I know for a fact it was four person cabin that canelled because it took two nights for the steward to understand it was just the two of us (turned down the cabin for four) and our dinner table was always set for four and it was just the two of us.

The cabins I up sale from were on the lower end of inside and balcony making them inviting to last minute bookers I would think. I would never ever book a spa cabin but the deal was equal to the OBC I got from price reduction + $25.

That's what I think and I'm sticking to that story.

We've done 46 Carnival cruises with another in 3 1/2 weeks plus another one in February. We are Diamond and have never had a free upgrade or even upsell call. Maybe some day they'll find our name on their list. We also have never received one of the elusive free cruises either. There is still time before the end of August, so we'll be waiting. LOL