I am tired of people complaining about...

obxlover

Royal Caribbean not knowing when they will be back in New Orleans. Over 700 people have died in Louisiana. Give the people in New Orleans some respect and give Royal Caribbean time to figure out what to do. I know we should go on with our lives, but it has only been a couple of weeks and now there is another possibility of another catastrophe.

And the Granduer is not scheduled to go out of NO until December. They have not made a decision because it they want to wait to see if NO can recover some. Tourism will help to get the city running again. They do not want to say they are not returning yet until they have to. Galvaston may be damaged for awile too so where will the ships go then.

Unbelievable. A whole thread to tell people that they have no right to complain that the cruise line is not communicating with them because of misery wrought by the hurricane. Non-sequitur, OP.

This is a cruise message board, not a hurricane survivor message board. Whether you like it or not.

Unbelievable. A whole thread to tell people that they have no right to complain that the cruise line is not communicating with them because of misery wrought by the hurricane. Non-sequitur, OP.

This is a cruise message board, not a hurricane survivor message board. Whether you like it or not.

No one has said you don't have a right to complain. What was said was that many of us are simply tired of it. AND that those who do are insensitive (whether you like it or not). How many threads need to be about that one topic?

LOL

-Monte

Pretty much people are going to complain and then people are going to complain about complaining etc. It's not free speech but it is as close as most boards come to it. Just go with the flow. People upset because they don't have answers are not making a comment on the people killed in the hurricane they are just thinking of their vacation. I know it sounds insensative but they are who they are and feel how they feel.

Same stuff, different day. We will get similar posts after Rita with Galvaston.

For the most part, the very same people chastising those of us who are just trying to find out what is going to happen to our cruise are the ones who would probably be screaming the loudest if it was their $1,000 or $1,500 or $2,000 or whatever tied up in this deal.

If you will read my original post on the topic, as well as most other people's topics on the subject, most have expressed their sad feelings about the tragedy in New Orleans. Most have expressed their hope for the city to rebuild, and not just so that our cruise will happen. What has begun to exasperate me is the TOTAL non-communication from Royal Caribbean. All most of us are asking for is SOME type of correspondence, or even something just saying that they are still trying to make a decision. There has been NO communication, and every single person at Royal Caribbean that you talk to has a different story.

And, if I may say, not one little bit of saying how we all feel about the tragedy will bring back one lost life or rebuild one lost home. By the same token, not one person yelling at people whose shoes they are NOT in is going to bring back a life either, OP. Furthermore, losing all of the money on our cruise if Royal Caribbean doesn't make a decision in time or issue SOME sort of statement, is not going to bring back a life either. If anything, let Royal Caribbean tell us of their decision so we can cancel in a timely manner and donate the money to the Red Cross for the relief.

Oh, I forgot, we can't do that, all of us New-Orleans-Grandeur-cruisers are too selfish wondering what's going to happen with our cruise to think of anything like that. PLEASE. Give me a break.

Those of us who are booked on these cruises have every right to ask questions about it, and to communicate and update one another. This board is about Royal Caribbean. These posts about the Grandeur cruise relate to Royal Caribbean. Last I checked, each one of the topics about this is titled in an appropriate manner. Just skip all of the topics from us insensitive people if it bothers you so bad.

/endrant

I agree.....very well said, thanks for posting what I have thought all along.

People who are able to cruise should be thankful they can, the people affected by Hurricane Katrina ....and now Hurricane Rita .... these people have nothing left, no home, no jobs or have lost family members.

It may not be up to RCI to say when they will be able to sail out of NO, the Coast Guard may be the one to say otherwise. What about dock workers to help load luggage, provisions, hotels, taxi's & buses to/from the airport. Where will these workers come from? They have no place to live, the city is not fit to live in yet. It's going to be awhile before any of this happens.

Basset Lover (I love Siberian Huskies so I get your name. Cute) I understand 100%. I feel for the victims of this too. I hope Rita just dies a quick little death out there in the Gulf. There is still a part of me that has concerns about my vacation and if I was sailing out of NO or Galvaston I would be asking questions too.

I was not stating that you were insensative. I don't think ANYONE asking about their cruise is being insensative. I think that life goes on and sometimes a vacation is the last gasp of sanity in peoples lives. I have invested a lot in my upcoming cruise. I am not talking about money. I am a 41 year old, previously infertile, woman who just had two babies in two years (no, I was not under treatment). Love my kids but I am dog tired and my heart and soul are yearning for time to re-connect with my wonderful husband and just have a little time to relax and live life so I can come home recharged and deal with what will soon be two toddlers at an age some of my friends are becoming Grandparents.

I would not go Postal (apologies to anyone who works for the USPS, it's a term) without my vacation but would I be a ball of weeping, sobbing masacara run sad person? Oh you betcha. Does that mean that I did not and do not hurt to the core for those poor people so devastated by what happened with Katrina? Of course not. I can't even watch the news anymore because it just hurts to watch it.

We all live our lives the best way we can. We all have care for others but in the end we all have to live each day with joy. If a cruise or anything brings you happiness then enjoy it. Care about it. The problem is when people care only about their cruise to the exclusion of the rest of society BUT there is also a problem when someone takes on the responsibility to hurt for others to the exclusion of their needs as well.

Just let people ask what they will, without judgement. They have a right to that information. Those people probably ARE donating and caring about those in need. We cannot see into one anothers lives here. Just do the best we can.

It seems to me that what people have been "complaining" about is that they are getting a variety of answers from RCCL. If RCCL is waiting to see what happens in NO then say that to customers who ask or say "we don't know yet-- we will know in X weeks." They should also get all of their customer service reps. on the same page giving the same answers--send a memo!!!!

I have enormous sympathy for the hurricane victims, but they are not the ones in charge of RCCL decisions. That task goes to corporate RCCL headquarters which is in Miami. I don't think it is disrespectful to hurricane victims if RCCL gives their customers a consistent, straight answer.

Ah, another polite respectful conversation on CC.

To my mind, the only people who should be concerned about their cruises out of NOLA or Galveston are the people sailing within the next week. Priorities seem to have become so skewed that we see total devastation across 3 states and people are still irritated that their precious cruise might be affected?

Before I catch on fire, let me point out that I too have a cruise booked out of Galveston in 9 weeks. Mr Wolf and I work ourselves to the bone to make these vacations and we start planning months in advance to keep us both sane as we go about our very stressful daily existence. If our cruise gets cancelled, I will be disappointed and upset, I will do everything in MY power to find an alternative and I will monitor any information I can receive from the cruise line. I will not moan about how the cruise line can't give me information several weeks away over forces of nature. We have gotten so spoiled (myself included at times) that we have lost sight of what is truly important. The cruise lines are run by human beings who are doing everything possible to keep passengers safe, keep their ships running smoothly and make sure their passengers can get in an out of ports safely and effectively. No they are not perfect - we all know how efficient customer service in almost every large corporation these days.

I'm sorry, I agree that even though this is a cruise board kvetching right now seems a bit selfish and insensitive. I come here to get information and have fun and share experiences. Being able to open up the NOLA Port and now probably the Galveston Port is not solely the cruise lines decision - where do you suppose the dockworkers are supposed to live right now? Where are the supplies for the ship supposed to come from? Who is going to drive you to the port? Oh wait - even the government doesn't know when NOLA will be open. Geez - and people wonder why they can't get answers.

Good for you OP.

Me and my big mouth but I have to come to the defense of those wondering about their cruise. It's one thing if you live close enough to drive to the port. It's another if you have non-refundable air tickets. We all also know what happens to the price and availability of last minute air. For most, I don't believe it's an insensitive issue but rather a budget and what this may do to it issue.

Change costs money and last minute change costs more. I hope they all have insurance and it will take care of them.

And before I'm flamed for being insensitive my TV is on and I'm watching, my prayers are with all the Gulf Coast areas, I've written a couple checks to the Salvation Army with more to come. This won't be over quickly. And we have a number of New Orleans families in town that we are taking care of.

It seems to me that what people have been "complaining" about is that they are getting a variety of answers from RCCL. If RCCL is waiting to see what happens in NO then say that to customers who ask or say "we don't know yet-- we will know in X weeks." They should also get all of their customer service reps. on the same page giving the same answers--send a memo!!!!

I have enormous sympathy for the hurricane victims, but they are not the ones in charge of RCCL decisions. That task goes to corporate RCCL headquarters which is in Miami. I don't think it is disrespectful to hurricane victims if RCCL gives their customers a consistent, straight answer.

Maybe they are not saying "when" they will sail out of NO because they simply do not know. If this is the case, why would they say they will know "in x weeks?" They don't know WHEN they will know because the city happens to be deserted right now and another monster hurricane is potentially on the way.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to know about their cruise. But demanding answers that RCI just doesn't have (unless they have someone on staff with really good ESP) is unreasonable at this point. I bet when it becomes clear when NOLA will be up and running and able to welcome tourists back and provide for cruise ships, RCI will make that information available. Right now I'd say even the mayor of NO himself has absolutely no clue when NO will be back to even a semblance of normal.

Then move on and read posts that interest you.

End of discussion

I do. This one does. My personal pet peeve on the boards are people who get testy just because someone disagrees with them. But I am so glad that you have the authority to end discussions when you see fit.

LMAO

-Monte

If RCCL HAS answers affected cruisers should get them.

If RCCL HAS NO answers then affected cruisers should be told that as well.

Is that not too much to ask.

Also RCCL should have one story and stick to it until conditions change.

Is that too much to ask.

And the last time I looked this IS America and all have freedom of speech.

But a little politeness never hurt anyone!

Maybe they are not saying "when" they will sail out of NO because they simply do not know. If this is the case, why would they say they will know "in x weeks?" They don't know WHEN they will know because the city happens to be deserted right now and another monster hurricane is potentially on the way.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to know about their cruise. But demanding answers that RCI just doesn't have (unless they have someone on staff with really good ESP) is unreasonable at this point. I bet when it becomes clear when NOLA will be up and running and able to welcome tourists back and provide for cruise ships, RCI will make that information available. Right now I'd say even the mayor of NO himself has absolutely no clue when NO will be back to even a semblance of normal.

Absolutely right on target.

And from what I've seen, the Mayor didn't have a clue before, during or after Katrina...but that just might be a subject for a whole new thread someplace. :eek:

As for posting...those that express their concerns about their planned cruises have the right to post their thoughts, as well as those that don't agree with them.

Finally, as members of this online community, we all have the option to scroll on by the threads that may annoy us.

If you're tired of hearing people complain you should go to the "I love me" message board, and post only happy happy thoughts. 700 or a 1000 people dead is less than the number of people who starve daily in Africa; just because it's in the news doesn't make it more important. So anyway, when are they gonna start sailing from New Orleans again?

If you are tired of hearing me/us complain, READ A DIFFERENT THREAD for chrissakes!:mad:

You would feel differently if you could possibly be out a large sum of money.

And yes I know all about the devastation, I live very close to it.

This is my one luxury per year and I will fight for it!

Archived