Sailing on Oasis....Fitness Tracker Suggestions

I also have the Fitbit zip, and it's very accurate for keeping your step count. It's easy to see how many steps you are up to each day, and how many calories you have burned.

I used my fitbit and it worked fine. Used my tablet to track it. I walk 20,000 steps each day. I walked the hallways and the track. Couldn't take the gym.

Even though it is beautiful and clean it is too hot for me.

I can spot a fitbit user most of the time. Kinda funny. Never gained weight on a cruise. Didn't lose much either. Just balance it out. I don't drink so maybe that could also factor into gaining weight.

People think they are walking enough steps a day when they get the fitbits they find out they are lacking the count big time. Even my nurse friends

don't get in their steps at work.

Both of my parents got fitbits for Christmas, but I'm still waiting for one that I can actually swim with and will track my activity there. If you have a Wii U then the fit meter that goes with the Wii Fit U game is pretty neat for what it is. It tracks steps, calories, and altitude (not just steps, but can tell when you've taken the stairs vs the elevator). It also monitors your activity level and METs. I don't set a step goal, rather I set a calorie goal in the game. Until that activity tracker I really want comes out, this works for me. My parents will have their fitbits on our cruise next week and I will have my fit meter.

Of course you could also check Best Buy daily for deals on different activity trackers. I've seen some as low as $30.