Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Mysty,

Terrific food!

We have requested special meals aboard the Spirit too! We have also been guests of other passengers at special dinners.

Silversea has also made my husband a special dessert, enough for the entire cruise, that he loves and which wasn't on the menu.

They have been wonderful.

Enjoy your time aboard. Sounds magical.

Did you ask for this while onboard?

Its our wedding Anniversary while we are on our next trip and I emailed guest services to ask if I could have something prepared (Beef Wellington). I wasnt sure if that was the right way - and should have said nothing. (ie guest services will apply some crazy charge for "special arrangements")

Easter Island is definitely on my bucket list to do too!

Did you ask for this while onboard?

Its our wedding Anniversary while we are on our next trip and I emailed guest services to ask if I could have something prepared (Beef Wellington). I wasnt sure if that was the right way - and should have said nothing. (ie guest services will apply some crazy charge for "special arrangements")

Easter Island is definitely on my bucket list to do too!

Just ask your "butler" so sort this out or ask to speak to the chef. Easy peasy.

:)

Jeff

Sophia

So as not to bore other coolers on this thread let's communicate on roll call thread.

We have dinner res at la t with some other carousers on the first night.

Let me know if you will join.

Since el jefe sent pictures, I think I'd recognize you just about anywhere.

Just ask your "butler" so sort this out or ask to speak to the chef. Easy peasy.

Jeff

Cheers Jeff. I have got a request in - but if they come back with a huge fee I'll decline. I'd have done as you suggest had I asked before.

Cheers Jeff. I have got a request in - but if they come back with a huge fee I'll decline. I'd have done as you suggest had I asked before.

As long as the special day is more than a couple of days into the cruise you'll be able to orgnaise things no probs.

For gawd sake pack something that looks like you thought of it whilst you were on dry ground otherwise she'll get grumpy and make you miserable. With a bit of luck she will have forgotten and feel guilty and that will be a points win for you. :D

Have a great anniversary.

Jeff

Morning Coolers! It's not looking good at the moment for getting ashore on Easter Island. I did manage to see the sun come up over the awesome place. Captain is waiting to hear from Maritime Authority but you can see the waves crashing on the shore from here with reported 10 foot swells. I guess no pics of M wading ashore J! :)

Fletcher...Jon Fleming's destination lecture prepared us for Pitcairn. It would be a great experience but it is unlikely.

les37b....We arranged it all through our "butler". She did a great job coordinating everything and we had wine recommended by a Philippine sommelier to accompany the Philippine meal. And Happy Anniversary!

S and spinnaker2......have a great time on your cruise!

Have a great day all!

As long as the special day is more than a couple of days into the cruise you'll be able to orgnaise things no probs.

For gawd sake pack something that looks like you thought of it whilst you were on dry ground otherwise she'll get grumpy and make you miserable. With a bit of luck she will have forgotten and feel guilty and that will be a points win for you. :D

Have a great anniversary.

hehe.. Cheers Jeff. Hopefully she will still be be happy from her 50th two weeks before we sail - which this trip was really booked to celebrate! Oops - did I really just say that out loud! haha

Weird looking beef, Jeff. Like some creature's ears. :D

It was one of my freezer meals. We can't eat a whole joint so I buy a big piece, roast it, wait for it to cool, slice and portion and cover with gravy and freeze it in those little plastic Chinese takeaway dishes. Everything else was fresh.

To be completely honest, whilst it is less photgenic than fresh I prefer it and love it. And it meant there was something on the table for when she got back from the dentist as it was all keeping warm in theoven.

I was there, at the door, with a mug of red!

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Another good freezing tip from my Mrs.

When you get fish and chips from the chippy with those big, fat greasy chips that have formed one big block of chip by the time you get home, freeze what you don't want then when you need them stick them in the oven at 180 for 20 mins and they will be dry and crispy and delicieux.

Even our Belgian friends can stomach them that way.

Looks very appetizing Jeff! Now, I'll be having a light lunch of canned fruit....

Thanks Dan, :)

What has our civilised world come to when it has became aspirational for sophisticated 6* cruisers who are now clamouring for bleedin' tinned fruit outside of a fruit trifle for their brekkies.

It's no good ...... no good at all. Enjoy the pineaple chunks in syrup.

:D

Jeff

Sophia

So as not to bore other coolers on this thread let's communicate on roll call thread.

We have dinner res at la t with some other carousers on the first night.

Let me know if you will join.

Since el jefe sent pictures, I think I'd recognize you just about anywhere.

I can't access the roll calls Spin......won't be able to join you in La T but thanks so much for the invite.....Jeff is a naughty boy posting my pics on here....[emoji6] hehe [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great news Soapy.

Does this mean a new housecoat and jimjams for wandering about the ship in your rollers with your packet of fags? I hope you let her see you first before she commits to anything! I will warn Spins about your sartorials :D

Lilysavage_1.jpg

0448565fbff65c78be913156acb3f62b.jpg

Jeff

Jeffers!! Best tell Spins these are the better pics....[emoji6] you are awful...haha! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wandb, got it, and replied there. It's impossible to hijack this thread as there's no specific topic other than whatever anyone wants to post. Thanks for stopping by, and feel free to stay around and chat about anything you'd like!

Thanks for all the good thoughts fellow coolers. Unfortunately, we did not get ashore on Easter Island today. I was a wee bit disappointed, however actually seeing the island was beyond my wildest dreams. Many on the ship were devastated! I was just happy to get a glimpse.

DSC00388_zps3bhtwuxf.jpg

DSC00392_zps23920dzy.jpg

Unfortunately, we did not get ashore on Easter Island today. I was a wee bit disappointed, however actually seeing the island was beyond my wildest dreams. Many on the ship were devastated! I was just happy to get a glimpse.

Sorry hear this, Mysty. However, Easter Island isn't exactly remote as anyone can fly there and stay at a nice hotel, but there is a lesson to be learned about cruising to these sorts of places. Only expedition ships equipped with zodiacs can get you ashore with any reasonable certainty. Tenders are useless in anything except perfect conditions.

Good luck for Pitcairn!